Author Topic: Marlin Crawler: A Reputable Company  (Read 6039 times)

ToxicGumbo

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 9
  • Member since Oct '13
    • View Profile
Re: Marlin Crawler: A Reputable Company
« on: Jan 07, 2014, 06:41:30 PM »
Shortly after writing Dave, he called me again on my cellphone.  We spoke for over an hour and half.

Crow has never tasted finer.

During our conversation, we spoke about what happened with my order, some of the processes involved in the day-to-day operations of Marlin Crawler, various product offerings, my own objectives,  the history of the business, the employees, relationships with customers and suppliers, etc.

One of the most significant footnotes Dave made was about how great all of you guys are. 

You help shape the business, you help provide feedback on products, you help others (like me), you offer advice, and you provide criticism.  It's you guys who built up the reputation of Marlin Crawler which influenced my having placed an order and after talking with Dave, I agree 100% with all the customer comments which led me here and about the character of the Marlin Crawler brand.

Dave could have simply excused the matter by mentioning the holiday rush and some ambitious internal projects, capping that off with the use of clever salesman speak to keep my order open.  My order was retained, thankfully, but he didn't fight me in the slightest to make the purchase and he came across as entirely genuine and human.

As a specialty store with many custom items, at times there will be build delays which can be further aggravated by order quantity/interest.  There might also be delays on orders where they piece together products from multiple vendors.  Over all, however, they're in the process of fulfilling any outstanding orders and are continuing to evaluate better ways to address some of the concerns we've raised here while keeping the customer better informed.

I reluctantly moved to Kansas and left behind a father in a nursing home along with ongoing family problems for a wonderful woman and her daughter.  It hasn't been easy starting over and going 6 months without solid friends while also working at a job that can be uncomfortable at times.  Jumping in my truck at the end of the day or going on a ride during the weekend has been cathartic and liberating. I'm thankful that Marlin Crawler has worked with me on this order and resolved the matter, but especially to Dave for his encouragement and advice.  He's a good guy and fully embodies the spirit of "Marlin Crawler"'s reputation.

I highly recommend Marlin Crawler as a source for parts and services.  If a significant delay or problem occurs and you're not having any success by phone or via the primary contact form, the sales associates are there to help out and can be contacted further down the same Contact page.

-Jeff