Author Topic: Marlin Crawler: A Reputable Company  (Read 6034 times)

ToxicGumbo

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 9
  • Member since Oct '13
    • View Profile
Re: Marlin Crawler reputable?
« on: Jan 07, 2014, 11:49:26 AM »
I see a lot of posts on here about how people have such a hard time getting through when trying to call in.  I have got the busy message maybe 3 times total.  99% of time I call, someone answers right away.  They might put me on hold, but it usually isn't for more than a minute tops.

It's great to hear that you've had such a positive experience via telephone.  Not sure why it hasn't been working out for me.

Update: Dave called this afternoon to alert me that my order will be cancelled (pending).  Unfortunately, he called when was on the can, so I only heard the message later and kept getting a busy number before having to go back to work.  Thanks for the update, Dave.

That leaves me with several questions though that I'll pose to him via the contact form:

1) Why the conflicting order info of a part becoming available only to immediately be listed as backordered and not be restocked in a 41 day period?
2) Why didn't the items that could ship within that same of time not ship if that choice was specified?
3) Why did using the main contact form multiple times lead to no response in that same timeframe?
4) Was the phone line really booked solid from open to close surrounding the holidays and if so, why did my order sit while others were fulfilled?

Anyway, yes, I think it was pretty clear early on that Marlin Crawler is reputable and maintains an active business.  I was afraid they were going under or that their quality of service had dropped.  I'm glad there's a potential conclusion to this and that it's pretty well known, but not necessarily stated anywhere, that orders can take months to be fulfilled.  That can really make or break a project and I think any future orders will be for Marlin-specific products which aren't needed immediately.

-Jeff