Author Topic: thoughts on Trail Gear HD leaf springs?  (Read 32864 times)

TacoRunner

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 19177
  • Male Posts: 2,324
  • Member since Feb '04
  • The 1st 3RZ swap 99'-01'
    • View Profile
    • 4wheelunderground
Re: thoughts on Trail Gear HD leaf springs?
« Reply #30 on: Jul 13, 2013, 12:05:18 AM »
So what you're saying is that you have absolutely no authority or ability to form an actual opinion on said parts since you have never ran one and anything you say is just hearsay correct?   Love people that badmouth stuff when they have never even used the parts just because they have their head stuck so far up another companies butt.

You could say that. But at least MC has gone out of their way to remove any product formally copied from All Pro from their site and made huge efforts to establish their own. While other companies (hint hint) still feel free to copy parts from other businesses. The fact that people don't want to buy from companies known for steeling designs and making parts as cheaply as possible just to undercut American loyalist isn't something to be bashed on from my point of view. At the same time Im not going to knock someone that is trying to save a buck. But the point still stands that Chinese made product is almost always less reliable then American made product. And that company is known for their Chinese product, whether that particular one is or isn't. Combined with designs and build tolerances that are typically only "good enough to get by", and can you seriously blame people for shying away form said product. I understand more than most trying to build your intended product for as inexpensive as possible. But if the integrity of said product is at risk and you as a company don't give a :pokinit: then you're not much for honesty. You're just a large corporation looking to cash in. And yes you can say I've never run their stuff and bash me too but there are enough people at this point in the game that can say "its crap" so unless you have personally run that same product, defending or bashing people that don't want to run it, makes you as guilty as the them. I've personally been on the receiving side of people calling me and telling me just what everyone here has already said about that product. So I am inclined to believe the statements above.

I am not against telling the truth on a product and stopping stupid internet bashing when its not deserved. That's the kind of crap that is really messed up about the internet you can have JoeBlow regurgitate bull crap and that comment has 100 more people believing it when its not true. But at this point with as long as TG has been in the game. Lets be real. I've heard two things about their springs. Either they break and sag to :pokinit: or they never sag and don't flex and provide way to much lift. I can only contribute this to one thing. Inconsistency of steel. Or, otherwise known as China.

Yes there are some inconsistency's in stories. But then again some people have a hard time using a tape measure. Some will like their stuff and some wont. Are there better products available, Hell Yes. Will you pay more, Hell Yes. Does TG deserve the reputation they have on here and other places, Hell Yes. They have some good but they have a lot of bad. 

Oh and by the way, Marlin use to purchase their springs from All Pro. And NO! TG springs are 100% not the same as AP springs. You can use some of the same treatments but in the end they are not built at the same factory. And they do not use the same steel.

IronClad: I commend you on your independent thinking. I have always thought that. But in this particular case I have to disagree. You bring a lot of good outside the box thinking to this sight. I just cant say that this is one of those times. I don't say this to piss you off or belittle you. I just think this instance isn't one of those times.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2013, 12:31:17 AM by TacoRunner »
www.4WHEELUNDERGROUND.com
info@4wheelunderground.com
AKA The GODFATHER The 3RZ Original

Performance Tuned shocks for Leaf Sprung Vehicles   http://www.4wheelunderground.com/Tuning.html