Author Topic: Russell_G's 87 longbed build up. The door panels and interior wrap up.  (Read 144611 times)

Russell_G

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 389
  • Member since Mar '09
    • View Profile
WOW i havent been on here in a while.

Updates updates updates.

So i have started my rear bumper and tire carrier...I changed my mind after getting the new tires mounted on a swing down type. F tryin to lift that multiple times a week.

I got the new tires mounted and on the truck. Also have the FJ rear axle in for mock up. I added FJc steering wheel with stereo control, the tippy gauge thing.
a new soft topper in black.... Ok pics..

4" rear spring..dropped it a few inches from my 5's

Sold my old top.

Motor pic cause i dont have but one or 2

Cut the bed and started a bumper.

Bent some tube

New soft topper.

Bumper part done..needs carrier now.

FJ Cruiser rear axle cleaned and armor on it.

Pre surgery pic.

Axle in place.

Found my self in another country looking at strange stuff a while...

Ok so now im back.. I have the hinge for the carrier, I have everything but the latch... I just ordered the gears for the 3rd, A new bushing kit..and im waiting on the Diamond front. I have no clue when it will be done at this point. I Called before i left and i called when i got back and havent heard back about it... Oh well. I will give it few days and try again. I need to Figure out how im going to mount the shocks in the rear, I have had them front and back like stock but feel like it handles funky. Thought about both back and this i or triangulated but not much are my ideas right now.

87 longbed bobbed 12inches, locked,geared,Tacoma dash, 3rz swap Its a never ending project.
My build
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=58589.0