Author Topic: Marlin should carry tacoma parts  (Read 6905 times)

toyhunter

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 263
  • Male Posts: 503
  • Member since Dec '04
  • I Dont Brake For Queers
    • View Profile
Marlin should carry tacoma parts
« on: Mar 30, 2005, 11:26:44 PM »
I think Marlin Should start carrying tacoma parts like suspension wise and bumpers and such like All pro does. Even though I dont own a tacoma I am considering buying one and would rather buy from marlin over all pro.
Everyone starts off in life crawling but lots of us grow up and still are crawling around everywhere

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
Re: Marlin should carry tacoma parts
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2005, 11:28:57 PM »
You can have custom bumpers made by marlin.  And they do have crawlers for tacoma's.

b_ripper8

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 371
  • Male Posts: 275
  • Member since May '04
  • 3RZ-FE power is that much closer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2005, 11:34:56 PM »
I agree with Toyhunter, it's not going to be too long before Tacomas are "cheep" to get ahold of and people are going to need REAL parts.
In Progress: 3RZ-FE Swap Underway.

Currently: 87' 4Runner - SAS - 5.29's - welded rear - Dual 2.28 cases - Optima bluetop - round headlight conversion - FZJ80 grill - rattlecan paint job - trimmed fenders - Ranger hybrid springs front - Tacoma hybrid springs rear - schedule 160 drivelines 8" slip front - Marlin's crossmember - disk brake conversion

stomper

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -139
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2005, 02:52:00 PM »
I think Marlin Should start carrying tacoma parts like suspension wise and bumpers and such like All pro does. Even though I dont own a tacoma I am considering buying one and would rather buy from marlin over all pro.

There are plenty of places that carry Tacoma parts.

www.cbioffroadfab.com
www.frontrangeoffroadfab.com
www.bentup.com
www.cornfedsuspension.com
www.budbuilt.com  awesome adapter to clock the t-case
www.demellowoffroad.com

jared A

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2005, 06:15:04 PM »
dont buy from cornfed, one of the WORST companies ever. once they have your money they take 1-2 months to ship it , dont return you emails and they dont awnser your calls!

86yota

• Marlin Crawler
  • I used to Crawl. I still do, but I used to, too.
« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2005, 03:46:30 PM »
Think about it.  It,s called cornfed.

Marketing

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -30
  • Male Posts: 1,639
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 05, 2005, 04:31:27 PM »
We will be working on line of Tacoma parts sometime in 2006.

V-Man

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 29
  • Male Posts: 792
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 05, 2005, 05:51:43 PM »
We will be working on line of Tacoma parts sometime in 2006.

:thumbs: sounds great.. Now that, that model is covered. Were are my Tundra parts.. :snare:  Hint Hint Beefed up front axles and birfields for my Tundra's 7.5" diff IFS.. :yesnod:  I need more strength up front then 27 spline 1.16" axles.

Marketing

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep 05, 2005, 05:59:19 PM »
Sorry we don't have any Tundra plans, yet, but maybe sometime in the future.

BruceTS

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sep 22, 2005, 10:18:55 PM »

:thumbs: sounds great.. Now that, that model is covered. Were are my Tundra parts.. :snare:  Hint Hint Beefed up front axles and birfields for my Tundra's 7.5" diff IFS.. :yesnod:  I need more strength up front then 27 spline 1.16" axles.

On a tundra, I wouldn't even bother, if you beef up the axles you'll just change where it breaks to the jackshaft. They did a very poor job of making the Tundra's into 4wd with Taco parts, your much better off just doing a SAS.
99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker
Myspace
1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 & RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle

Don't Ask when I'm gonna go SAS, I'm not... I'll build a buggy first!

HOODLUM

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Male Posts: 81
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Wrecking Crew
    • View Profile
    • rightcoast4x4.com
« Reply #10 on: Sep 23, 2005, 06:34:47 AM »
dont buy from cornfed, one of the WORST companies ever. once they have your money they take 1-2 months to ship it , dont return you emails and they dont awnser your calls!

I've been dealing with Cornfed for years and other than when Dave is away on NAVY business he always has returned my calls and or e-mails. They only have two people working Dave and Larry and when Dave is away Larry carries the load by himself and does the best he can because Larry does allot of the fab work as well as installations so it's not easy running back and forth from the shop to the office and as far as their product I would rather have a solid spacer than some bolt together like his competitors not to mention they are the first to offer the diff drop kit I had mine for over a year before I saw them in the market place. Plus I would rather do business with the little guy over a big business any day.This is why I deal with :turtle:  as well. Do you think he was easy to get hold of in the beginning? they still are hard to get on the phone BUT I'm still loyal .
99 TACO 2.7 4CYL  HP d-60 front d-70 rear 5:13's and detroits 63" chevy rear springs second gen rears up front.

http://rightcoast4x4.com/

lubo

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -82
  • Male Posts: 61
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Boosting, a little.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct 11, 2005, 03:31:48 AM »
how about 2005/2006 tacomas?
from what toyota says .. i understand there are many many new parts on the 05/06 tacoma compared to the 04-

i'd be happy to know that Marlin Crawler is considering making something for the last generation tacoma.
hell .. if i get another daily ... i might even serve as a mule for prototypes. i'm moving back to fresno over this winter too.

Marketing

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct 14, 2005, 10:31:26 PM »
This year we really need to work on upping our ability to serve up our current products. We will be moving very soon to a much larger building. New staffing and inventory will be brought in and we are setting up an completely new order processing system. We have to get a top notch system working that can move more volume before we can move forward. Basically we have outgrown our current way of doing business and we need to evolve to the next level. Once we get these up and running will be jumping into lots of new products asap.

lubo

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -82
  • Male Posts: 61
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Boosting, a little.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct 14, 2005, 11:22:57 PM »
sounds good .....
i recently read that you're moving ...
i'm glad the business is finally going to another building. the current place is so small. i've been there many times, getting work done on my former mr2 by mike. we might've even met.
i'm looking forward to what you guys might want to convert for use on the new tacoma. i can be a test mule as well, when i get me a daily driver .. or more like .. daily rider (motorcycle).

keep us posted

btw. .... when will the board management add a section on the 05+ tacoma :D i feel ignored.

Marketing

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Oct 15, 2005, 10:33:19 AM »
Lets see 05' tacomas, try looking under the SCHOOL BUS section  :rofl2:

V-Man

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 29
  • Male Posts: 792
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Oct 16, 2005, 01:40:46 PM »

btw. .... when will the board management add a section on the 05+ tacoma :D i feel ignored.
:(
  Try owing a tundra, the only time the I find a good seletion of parts is when I vist an RV website.  ???  :confused:

Marketing

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Oct 18, 2005, 08:15:59 PM »

Your right, the 05's are different enough to justify their own section. We will add this section soon.

(Personally I still think Toyota went way off the development deep end and completely ignored it's offroad heritage. Each new generation of Toyota's seem to be less about offroad ability and more about comfort and size. But that's just my opinion.)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #17 on: Oct 18, 2005, 10:38:48 PM »
Your right, the 05's are different enough to justify their own section. We will add this section soon.

(Personally I still think Toyota went way off the development deep end and completely ignored it's offroad heritage. Each new generation of Toyota's seem to be less about offroad ability and more about comfort and size. But that's just my opinion.)

It's all about evolution, the fatter and wider we get, the fatter and wider the vehicles we drive get. They even have to put more cyls. in 'em to carry our fatbutts around. :greengrin:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

To The Floor

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 220
  • Male Posts: 393
  • Member since Jul '04
  • THE KRAK
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Oct 25, 2005, 01:16:44 AM »

. Plus I would rather do business with the little guy over a big business any day.This is why I deal with :turtle:  as well. Do you think he was easy to get hold of in the beginning? they still are hard to get on the phone BUT I'm still loyal .
well marlin aint much of "the little guy" anymore.  i am not saying thats a bad thing, but the statement kinda contradicts itself.  any all life there is a progression.  marlin is progressing into a huge business, so with marlin in charge, bigger shop and more space, means more money and more products coming out.  i think its a good thing that marlin is growing, but it is kinda disappointing that they aren't going to be the little guy small business that they used to be.  my dads been runnin an electrical contracting business for 24 years, and the whole time it has been him and my uncle.  now thats what you call a small business.
in the projects nooga, anything goes