Author Topic: Chain driven V6 case drive flange  (Read 1887 times)

mdtrail-toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 547
  • Male Posts: 238
  • Member since Aug '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Chain driven V6 case drive flange
« on: Dec 17, 2015, 04:48:38 PM »
Ok guys so either im just having dumb luck trying to search on the computer or really absolutely NO one has any love for my stock chain driven case in my 90'. I just finished my sas a week or so ago and am just about tapped out. So to get me thru the holidays and possibly even winter I am going for a temporary drive shift fix. I was given a shaft from a buddy of mine that's the right length that I needs and the 10mm patter fits just fine at the diff en but is just slightly off at my T case . So I was looking at triple drilled flanges as well as something I just came across for the 1st time. Inchworm has was a would describe as close to a wheel pattern adapter but for D.shafts. anyway most of the info on the sights and even from contacting a few places. has been very unhelpful   All I need to know is the pattern size on the front flange of my V6 transfer case as in "60 x 60" 10mm   I know that's not it but that type of #   Or if anyone that may know who makes a flange or adapter that will work for me until I can get my new shaft done later down the road   Any help would be awesome   Thanks guys

OVRAROK

• Online Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26778
  • Male Posts: 3,525
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
Re: Chain driven V6 case drive flange
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2015, 05:19:24 PM »
a lot of people just drill there own pattern in old flange
Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.

mdtrail-toy [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2015, 07:27:39 PM »
I was thinking that too but maybe over thinking. If I try ling up the bolt holes now they r just mm's off so I was worried if I drill out original holes they may have play and have the feel of a bad u joint with play in it. if that makes sense .But just now thinking what about rotating to a solid area away from original holes and drilling there? any thoughts on that ? And I guess it shouldn't hurt anything when I get my new d.s. lengthend.  Its still driving my crazy neither of the people I spoke and emailed with could tell me the measurments  I know everything is geared towards a gear driven case but didn't think it was that difficult to get info on

mdtrail-toy [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2015, 01:23:26 PM »
found all the info and measurements on 4crawler I could ever need  should have figured when in doubt that guy always has a wright up on it  thanks guys

mdtrail-toy [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2015, 11:06:31 AM »
 Hay guys could anyone help me with what is required to remove the drive flange from transfer case . As far as nut alliegement and seals when removing and re installing

mdtrail-toy [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2015, 07:13:52 PM »
pulled the transfer case flange. Going to just rotate it 45deg and redrill it for the longer shaft im going to temperarly use to get me thru the winter. Thanks

mdtrail-toy [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2016, 04:59:11 AM »
 Got my trans case flange double drilled to fit my factory solid axel drive shaft its not a long travel but it will work just fine to get me through winter and snow driving                                                   

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk