Author Topic: Where are the rest of my parts?!?!  (Read 3049 times)

jprcrpr94

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Oct '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Where are the rest of my parts?!?!
« on: Oct 23, 2015, 08:16:24 AM »
Well since I can't seem to get ahold of anyone at Marlin Crawler, maybe posting here will help. I ordered TWO Front Axle Service Kits and was charged for TWO Front Axle Service Kits but only received ONE Front Axle Service Kit. Where is my other kit that I have paid for?!

redneckcustoms13

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 7674
  • Male Posts: 2,513
  • Member since May '15
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Where are the rest of my parts?!?!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2015, 08:41:05 AM »
Man, I'm sorry if you didn't receive the parts yet. I am in no way affiliated with the marlin shop, however I will say this. They are a great group of guys with excellent customer service. This I certainly not the best way to get a hold of someone and start getting upset on their forum. Just call them, if no answer send an email. They are great guys and I have no doubt they will make right any mistake they may have made.
83 long bed 2wd sas, 3rz, w56, duals with 4.7 rear, 4.88 elock front, spartan rear, 39.5 iroks
01 double cab hunting truck
06 tacoma street truck

jprcrpr94 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Oct '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2015, 08:59:32 AM »
I have not been able to get through on the phone and they have not responded to my email. I have used Marlin parts for years and believe them to be the best products around. I really needed both kits for this weekend and I am very frustrated that only one was shipped and I can't get ahold of anyone to figure out when I'll get the rest

Dingman.

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1125
  • Male Posts: 3,448
  • Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2015, 09:07:28 AM »
Marlin crawler is closed on fridays.  They are open mondays-thursdays.

Try calling again on monday (a lot of people have a hard time getting through on the phone),  if i were you i would email mitchell at marlin.  I tried searching for his email just now, but i didnt have much luck on my cell phone.  Maybe someone could post it here.

Edit:  found it...   Mitchell@marlincrawler.com

jprcrpr94 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Oct '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2015, 09:18:55 AM »
Thank you. Like I said, I love Marlin's parts and believe them to be the best around. I just want to know where my other kit is. I will email Mitchell. Thanks again

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,291
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2015, 09:25:42 AM »
Well since I can't seem to get ahold of anyone at Marlin Crawler, maybe posting here will help. I ordered TWO Front Axle Service Kits and was charged for TWO Front Axle Service Kits but only received ONE Front Axle Service Kit. Where is my other kit that I have paid for?!

Hello jprcrpr94 and :welcome: to :turtle: land :wave:

Sorry for the issue with your shipment, no question about it it was a mistake and will be resolved. I already posted here but have decided to edit my reply here so here goes.

We are closed on Fridays but I am here working on our new website backend (another reason why it's great to be closed on Fri's because I can work uninterrupted) and saw this post linked on our homepage. I originally figured I could try to take care of this but to get this resolved properly we need to have our sales team handle it. We have a system of checks and balances and if I jump in the way then it's gonna throw this balance off. For example what if the missing item is already on its way, or what if the shipping department already kitted and packaged it? Also our team needs to be able to identify this issue on their own so the proper corrections can be made to prevent this from happening with future orders.

Therefore please send our customer service team an email direct via our contact form at https://www.marlincrawler.com/contact/customer-service and please note that as of 2014 we no longer handle customer issues on our forum.

Thank you for your patience and understanding of this issue and thank you for your support!

Catch ya on the trails,
BigMike
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2015, 10:02:58 AM by BigMike »
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

jprcrpr94 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Oct '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 2015, 09:43:20 AM »
Thanks Mike!! I appreciate it! Sorry for the over reaction, it's been on a long week! On a side note, we've met before. I am in Watch This Fourwheelerz and you came up to Elbe for Bobby Long's memorial run. I'll never forget what that meant to everybody and that is one of the many reasons Marlin will always get my business!!

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 2015, 10:01:39 AM »
Thanks Mike!! I appreciate it! Sorry for the over reaction, it's been on a long week! On a side note, we've met before. I am in Watch This Fourwheelerz and you came up to Elbe for Bobby Long's memorial run. I'll never forget what that meant to everybody and that is one of the many reasons Marlin will always get my business!!

Sweeeet man I have a lot of good memories from that trip and I'm far better to relate when I meet people from the Evergreen State. We also have friends in northern Oregon and we've been talking about making another trip up to hit trails in both OR and WA. Hopefully this time I'll be in my own rig instead of the blue Ford Focus rental car! :yupyup:

I edited and revised my reply above. I think it's best if I let our sales team handle this. Definitely send Mitchell an email and also feel free to use our customer service contact form at https://www.marlincrawler.com/contact/customer-service. Without a doubt this will get resolved and we will get to the bottom of why it happened in the first place so that this doesn't have to happen in the future :thumbs:

Have a nice weekend and keep in touch!

Regards,
BigMike

jprcrpr94 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Oct '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 23, 2015, 10:13:32 AM »
Thank you! Let us know when you make it up here, we would love to show you around Elbe in your rig! We are constantly working to preserve the trails while adding obstacles and keeping it as challenging as possible!

jprcrpr94 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Oct '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 26, 2015, 08:54:30 AM »
I still can't get through on the phone. I still haven't gotten a reply to any of my emails. This is extremely disappointing. I just want to know when or even if I am going to receive the parts I have already paid for.

jprcrpr94 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Oct '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct 26, 2015, 10:24:41 AM »
This has been resolved. Thanks Marlin Crawler!
« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2015, 06:46:03 PM by jprcrpr94 »

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct 26, 2015, 06:11:00 PM »
Nothing on the internet ever goes away. Unless Mike does it.  :greengrin:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct 28, 2015, 07:05:18 PM »
Nothing on the internet ever goes away. Unless Mike does it.  :greengrin:
These sort of things are a tough decision, mostly because it is the OP who is requesting his thread to be removed which I feel he has a right to do. Based on his request it'll probably get removed but it has always been our forum policy to not delete threads; we don't cover up our dirty laundry and instead prove to the reader and hopefully shopper that we fix issues and learn from them.

Let's at least keep this thread going until we get confirmation that jprcrpr94 has received his complete order :thumbs:

Regards,
BigMike

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct 29, 2015, 03:13:18 PM »
I agree with Mike. 

Most posts get deleted by the OP.  But once in a while we get a thread that gets way out of line, and we (Mike or Moderators) have to step in and either trim the BS or lock it down.  But there are customers who are posting just as you did, because they can't get thru to  :turtle: or ???.  And usually the mods will give advice on being patient, and I will generally try to text Mike to let him know about a customer having issues and to check out post a certain post when he has time.   
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Oct 29, 2015, 04:28:57 PM »
I also agree with leaving the posts in place most of the time. They can sometimes be informative & educational.
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

jprcrpr94 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Oct '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Oct 31, 2015, 03:54:01 PM »
Sorry guys, been busy all week! Got the rest of my parts on Wednesday! It was a simple mistake and was made right! Thanks again Marlin!

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 10966
  • Male Posts: 2,417
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Oct 31, 2015, 08:24:12 PM »
Cover ups are for the government and politicians. I say leave it open and let people see that no one is perfect. What is more important to us the customers is that Marlin Crawler makes things right for its customers.  :bowdown: :turtle:

jprcrpr94 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Oct '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov 01, 2015, 06:45:11 PM »
Cover ups are for the government and politicians. I say leave it open and let people see that no one is perfect. What is more important to us the customers is that Marlin Crawler makes things right for its customers.  :bowdown: :turtle:

I gotta agree now that I think about it. Good for anyone else who may have a similar experience to see that it was resolved pretty quickly.

Slabzilla

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1355
  • Male Posts: 539
  • Member since Dec '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 02, 2015, 12:50:24 AM »
The ONLY problem I've ever had with Marlin's products is I need more money so I can get more of them. :smokin:
'85 Xtra-cab, 4.5" Downey Off-Road lift, 12-15 KM2's on American Racing Baja's, Marlin's-4.88's & 4.7's, Downey Off-Road CAI, Marlin rear bumper & sliders