Author Topic: Expedition Trip intersecting with Roundup  (Read 2471 times)

Sam

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Member since Jul '02
  • SRC.... does it get any better?
    • View Profile
Expedition Trip intersecting with Roundup
« on: Oct 22, 2015, 01:34:06 AM »
We are driving down from Alaska in late July on an expedition for a couple months and one of the stops I want to do is go through the Rubicon.  I'll keep my eye on these dates for when they are locked in.  This is maybe a week earlier than we are planning to be there, but I hope to make it out since I haven't been since the first few events. 

We will have our dual case Marlin equipped Jeepster.

-SlinkySam

OVRAROK

• Online Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26852
  • Male Posts: 3,506
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
Re: Expedition Trip intersecting with Roundup
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2015, 06:18:00 AM »
Sounds like a great time for you and the family, I hope they announce dates for round up early this year, gives everybody time to make sure they make it  :usa:
Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2120
  • Male Posts: 2,338
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2015, 06:37:23 AM »
We are driving down from Alaska in late July on an expedition for a couple months and one of the stops I want to do is go through the Rubicon.  I'll keep my eye on these dates for when they are locked in.  This is maybe a week earlier than we are planning to be there, but I hope to make it out since I haven't been since the first few events. 

We will have our dual case Marlin equipped Jeepster.

-SlinkySam

That would be sweet. Let me know if you stop in the Seattle area on the way down. I would love to meet up with ya. Its been a while.
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock
ECV 7-11

Sam [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Member since Jul '02
  • SRC.... does it get any better?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2015, 01:24:01 PM »
RockcrawlinJK - We will be coming through Seattle to visit a school friend then down to Vancouver to visit my brother.  We hope to spend a day in Olympia National Forest for some good hiking as well.  I would love to stop in and meet up if our timing can match up.  Unfortunately I haven't been in the wheeling scene for quite some time and vaguely remember any screen names, but it sounds like we have met up before.  Where do we know each other from?

For our trip, we want to take as much off-road trails as possible along the route so maybe you can suggest some trails to follow and camp along.  If so lets catch up on chat.  Obviously the trails can't be too extreme since this is our "RV camper", so we are limiting the difficulty to what we might see on the Rubicon (the easier parts, not Little Sluice).

-SlinkySam