Author Topic: Toyota FSMs  (Read 4498 times)

Wainiha

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 743
  • Male Posts: 1,170
  • Member since Jan '12
    • View Profile
Toyota FSMs
« on: Aug 24, 2015, 07:18:42 PM »
I thought I would start a thread to collect all the FSMs.  BigMike said OK.  I have about 5 from various years.  I have to figure out how to transfer them.  I guess links are best rather than the entire FSM on the pages here.  Anyone want to help me?  Post the ones you have and show me how to get mine from zip files and from email to a link here...Aloha.
2000 3.4L xtra-cab Tacoma.
Icon C/Os
Marlin 1200lb. clutch
Marlin short shifter
FLOODED...GONE

2005 4.0L xtra-cab Tacoma
King Resi C/Os and Total Chaos UCAs
Waiting on Marlin for the RA60 Short throw shifter...Hint Hint
FLOODED...GONE

2012 4.0L xtra-cab 4x4 Tacoma
Automatic...Don't shoot...
 King resi C/O
and Total Chaos UCAs

^ Who let Wainiha into the mainland?? :yikes: - Big Mike

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 440
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Toyota FSMs
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2015, 06:23:38 PM »
I have a .pdf copy of the one titled "1985 TOYOTA TRUCK & 4-RUNNER Gasoline REPAIR MANUAL". From contents page to electrical diagram page (last one I have is Interior Lights>Clock>Cig Lighter>Auto Antenna>Radio and Tape Player) is a total of 1,025 pages.

I'm guessing you already have it.  The .pdf is a total of 57.8MB.  Not sure it can be 'legally' posted on the internet since it is a FSM (copyright).

But I have the file and would be happy to e-mail you a copy of it.

I think the problem you'll run into is having the files on a server somewhere, hosted by somebody who is fine taking the risk of Toyota "flippin' @ pregnant dog" about it being posted for free since they still sell them.
If I don't ask the stupid question, who will?

85 Runner, 22RE, AEM 'warm intake', TRD Cam, LC Headers, Dual Case, 5.29's, ARB Front Locker, Detroit Rear Locker, 35's, V6 Brakes, ARP Studs, Marlin Arms/Caps/Hy-Steer, Winch, Armor, Can-Back Top....and...

...more Gremlins than Gizmo the Mogwai was responsible for.

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2015, 07:08:54 PM »
BTW, I sent you a PM but I think the page timed out in the middle of me sending it.  Not sure it went thru or not.  Check you MSG and if it didnt come thru let me know and I will resend.  I gave a couple ideas about how to make something like this happen.

85 Runner, 22RE, AEM 'warm intake', TRD Cam, LC Headers, Dual Case, 5.29's, ARB Front Locker, Detroit Rear Locker, 35's, V6 Brakes, ARP Studs, Marlin Arms/Caps/Hy-Steer, Winch, Armor, Can-Back Top....and...

helipilot77

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1018
  • Male Posts: 1,729
  • Member since Jul '12
  • Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
    • My build thread
« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2015, 08:45:05 PM »
Here are the ones I have.

1988 Toyota Truck and 4Runner Factory Service Manual

1985 Toyota Truck and 4Runner Factory Service Manual

1996 Toyota Tacoma Factory Service Manual
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2015, 04:37:38 PM by helipilot77 »
-1987 SR5 4runner, 1KZ-t turbo diesel with mech. pump
 & custom 3" S.S. dump pipe, R-151f transmission, marlin dual ultimate transfer cases w/ triple shifter, SAS, 35's https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=98969.0
-1984 SR5 Tercel 4wd wagon bone stock - given to my nephew https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=100547.0
-1:10 scale RC 4wd crawler w/yota axles, R2 2 speed enclosed dig tranny and 1st gen 4Runner body by BigBird
-My front axle service write-up http://board.marlincrawler.com/i

Wainiha [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2015, 11:43:12 PM »
Maybe we should analyze this further.  Another member mentioned the possibilty of our links being able to get corrupted by viruses.  If the link goes to your computer there may be issues.  I have to go work now.  I'll reread his note to me, and any computers gurus here should chime in before one of us gets hacked or whatever( I'm no tech pro...)
Icon C/Os
Marlin 1200lb. clutch
Marlin short shifter
FLOODED...GONE

FLOODED...GONE

King resi C/O
and Total Chaos UCAs

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 3715
  • Male Posts: 2,854
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #5 on: Aug 26, 2015, 06:43:38 AM »
Mine are old school Toyota paper copies for an 1980 and 1983  :yikes:
Time to go wheelin!

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 26, 2015, 08:58:55 AM »
Yeah, NCTTORA used to have a bunch online, but they got into trouble and had to pull them
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

OOPS

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1304
  • Male Posts: 2,561
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 26, 2015, 12:58:12 PM »
The FSM's are have a copywrite on them, that is why NCTTORA had to take them down or get sued for infringement.
David & Theresa Fritzsche, 1990 Ex-Cab with a few mods!!!!!!!!! Roseville, CA Sobriety =Serenity

Wainiha [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 26, 2015, 01:20:14 PM »
This why I asked BigMike before starting this thread.  Maybe we should just make all our requests here and use email..(?)  Post what we each have.  Then swap them personally.

For instance......Wainiha...83truck, 2000 Tacoma, 2005 Tacoma, 95 4runner etc.  Those are some of what I have.  No sense we post them and get Marlin in trouble and they have to remove the thread.
Icon C/Os
Marlin 1200lb. clutch
Marlin short shifter
FLOODED...GONE

FLOODED...GONE

King resi C/O
and Total Chaos UCAs

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 26, 2015, 07:03:36 PM »
Here is an exexample thread of how to do this.

Title:   Toyota FSM's available if needed
Post 1:  Here is the list of FSM's:   80 Truck, 85 runner, 92 landcruiser, 92 Suzuki, etc (basically whatever would comprise a Master List).
Post 2:  Post a comment with the FSM you are looking for and somebody should contact you by PM (private message with how to locate what your looking for).

Thats basically the thread.  Then create a Master .zip file compiling all the .pdf FSM's we collectively have.  Then somebody 'could' e-mail that master .zip/.rar or whatever format to anybody who wants it, and is okay contacting others who may need a copy.  A member could then simply e-mail the master file or just the individual FMS needed.  Members doing so would need to be familair with compressing a file using .zip or .rar and recieving member would need to know how to 'unzip' the file.

I would not recommend MC post links for dowload on their servers due to copyright.  Another member could host download links on their own private server, but that is more work than anybody would want to do.  Or somebody could create a 'group/open' DropBox account where the username/login could be given out to anybody wanting access to the files.  But I would only do that for personal friends I trusted.  Any D-Bag getting the username/password could delete/modify any files or upload files that look similiar but have viruses.  Then the 'reciever' may not be savvy enough to check file before launching and then get a virus.  That is probably the easiest way to do this, but again I would only do this for personal friends, which defeats the purpose of having a thread regarding FSM's for anybody on MC forums.

I think the PM then e-mail route is the best, 'most safe'.  Unless somebody is familiar with torrenting then all they would need to do is search "19xx Toyota [make/model] factory service manual torrent", they are out there, it usually takes me a few searches to find exactly what I need when torrenting.

******I do not recommend torrenting to anybody who is not willing to do the research on how to do it safely (both from being tracked and from testing files for virus/malware).  But to be honest it really isn that hard.

Use Mozilla FireFox (edit) Browserand DuckDuckGo (edit) search engine, (easier than using TOR [TheOnionRouter] and in my opinion 'safe' enough), download uTorrent, then go searching at 'The Pirate Bay' or just do a search like I mentioned. Not trying to give a class on torrenting but your ISP can still potentially see what your are doing (unless you are using TOR) and you may recieve a letter from them requesting you stop.  Havent heard of that happening in years though, probably over a decade.

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 26, 2015, 07:13:06 PM »
Not that it probably matters, but some would also recommend removing/deleting this thread once a plan is made on how to go about this.  Maybe once we have a list of who has what, then simply swtiching to PM's until a thread is actually made. 

Great idea BTW.  I have been torrenting for years so I don't have a problem going that route, but I know not a lot of people are comfortable or confident in doing it.

Better to be able to just PM and E-Mail.

Make it a stickied thread somewhere for easy access to those who may be looking.  then it's just PM and e-mail, pretty straight forward I think.  not as easy as clicking a link to download, butthat will never happen unless Toyota makes the FSM's open-source, which i doubt they would ever do, even on the ancient ones some of us have.

Wainiha [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Aug 26, 2015, 10:08:52 PM »
jssgbsn, how do I make a zip file?
Icon C/Os
Marlin 1200lb. clutch
Marlin short shifter
FLOODED...GONE

FLOODED...GONE

King resi C/O
and Total Chaos UCAs

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Aug 27, 2015, 08:21:40 AM »
actually, even sending files to a friend is still part of the infringement... but whatever.....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Aug 29, 2015, 05:40:08 AM »
jssgbsn, how do I make a zip file?

http://download.cnet.com/topics/winrar

This is what I would use.  I don't know if your computer is 32bit or 64bit, but this is where you can get WinRAR.  It may be a trial version (and in that case you can usually just uninstall and reinstall a new trial if the time period expires.  Once it's installed you typically 'right click' the an empty spot on your desktop, find the option that says 'new', then on that list the one that says 'WinRAR ZIP Archive'.  I would rename the archive 'FSM' or whatever you prefer.  The you should be able to just drag and drop file into the archive file.  You can test to make sure by opening the archive and you'll see them listed.  Once you got everything inside, the file would be ready to e-mail.  There are several other ways of using WinRAR to do what i described, I just think the way I mentioned is the most user freindly.

In order to open the file 'Extract' or uncompress somebody would also need WinRAR.  They would download the .ZIP file, put on desktop, right click icon for file, and select 'Extract Here'.  That puts an uncompressed version inside the 'ZIP Archive' file which can then be dragged out (to desktop as an example) to wherever they want it.

I would also recommend to always scan a .zip file and its contents before opening with your AV sotware.  It is a good habit to have even if you trust the source.

actually, even sending files to a friend is still part of the infringement... but whatever.....

jimbo is correct, but since we are not attempting mass distribution I doubt Toyota is going to invest tracking down a few hundred/thousand dollars of FSM's  But it does break copyright, and anybody doing this assumes the risk.

just put your file in your emails cloud like google drive or Microsoft sky drive and then share it. once you choose share you can get a share link and post the link here. I've done it several times and never had a problem. the worst they'll do is unshare your file but it hasn't happened to me

I have not used this for filesharing, but I have heard it is very straightforward also.  Just like WinRAR both peple would need 'google drive' or 'sky drive'.

dbbowen

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 265
  • Male Posts: 192
  • Member since Dec '15
  • Crawlin / St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Dec 15, 2015, 09:49:59 PM »
Just curious, does anyone have the 1987 4runner FSM available? Im desprate haha

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8461
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2015, 12:20:32 AM »
My e-mail limits attachments to 20mb, I think others also have limits.
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

helipilot77

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1018
  • Male Posts: 1,729
  • Member since Jul '12
  • Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
    • My build thread
« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2015, 04:23:25 AM »
Just curious, does anyone have the 1987 4runner FSM available? Im desprate haha

I got you covered. Sent to you via a pm.

My e-mail limits attachments to 20mb, I think others also have limits.

Use Dropbox to upload the file to the cloud, then send the file link to anyone who needs it.

-1987 SR5 4runner, 1KZ-t turbo diesel with mech. pump
 & custom 3" S.S. dump pipe, R-151f transmission, marlin dual ultimate transfer cases w/ triple shifter, SAS, 35's https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=98969.0
-1984 SR5 Tercel 4wd wagon bone stock - given to my nephew https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=100547.0
-1:10 scale RC 4wd crawler w/yota axles, R2 2 speed enclosed dig tranny and 1st gen 4Runner body by BigBird
-My front axle service write-up http://board.marlincrawler.com/i