Author Topic: KWP's 92 4Runner build ( finished front tube pics)  (Read 59807 times)

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
I thought I would bring this thread back from the dead with an update. I had the buggy out several times this summer and it worked flawlessly. It would pretty much go wherever I pointed it,but I am now in the process of cutting it up and starting a new project. I loved having the buggy, I just didn't like not being able to keep the weather out and no longer being able to drive it on the street. I picked up an 88 toy 2wd from another member on the board named DJ, a local guy to me. I plan to cut all of the cage off the frame and put the cab on along with a bed cage and the bedsides. I plan to start another build thread soon with all of my progress so far :biggthumpup:

Just when I start thinking I want to cut my rig up you decide to build simular to what I already have.

Now that you have wheeled some with the one link rear, how do ya like it? I have been contimplating doing this and keeping the front leafs, but I don't want the rear outflexing the front.
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

KWP [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 878
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Ghost Hunter
    • View Profile
    • East Central Oklahoma Paranormal Society
Just when I start thinking I want to cut my rig up you decide to build simular to what I already have.

Now that you have wheeled some with the one link rear, how do ya like it? I have been contimplating doing this and keeping the front leafs, but I don't want the rear outflexing the front.
I've been happy with it, so much so that it's all going into the next rig. It was cheap to build and the truck seems to climb very good with the settup, I have not noticed any bouncing and with the front leaf settup I have it really doesnt over flex it. Overall, I would recomend a one link to anyone on a tight budget. :thumbs:
88 Toyota truck ( Under Construction ) Dana 60's front and rear 5.38's, welded diffs, 3inch Downey rears up front,one link rear with aerostar coils rolling on 39.5x16.50/17 Pittbull Rockers and 17x9 Pro Comp extreme alloys.http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=40816.0

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 977
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Dude, I love that design. I hope you don't mind, I'm going to copy some of that. Very nice...
1985 toy, Hybrid 20r/22r on propane, 30splines, custom built leaf packs, welded front and rear diffs, dual ultimate crawler, full hydro, full exo, flat bed, 37' mtrs