Author Topic: Washington Wet Wheelers  (Read 84071 times)

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 10966
  • Male Posts: 2,417
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
Re: Washington Wet Wheelers
« Reply #120 on: Jul 09, 2015, 12:15:55 PM »
Saturday the 25th.  9 am is easy for me.  I've made it to Crow Creek Campground on the east side earlier than that before.

Yeah shoot for 9 AM. Will likely be more like 10 with the amount of rigs and all.

H8PVMNT

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: Jul 10, 2015, 08:24:10 AM »
Sounds like you don't have to worry about being matchy because I can't get anybody to board the dogs until Monday.  Guess I'll go wheelin' in Tillimook when we get down there and maybe check out the dunes at Sand Lake.  This was so close to lining up...
“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K

SqWADoosh [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Jul 10, 2015, 08:59:08 AM »
Sounds like you don't have to worry about being matchy because I can't get anybody to board the dogs until Monday.  Guess I'll go wheelin' in Tillimook when we get down there and maybe check out the dunes at Sand Lake.  This was so close to lining up...

Bring the dogs?

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,052
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: Jul 10, 2015, 11:40:25 AM »
Can you confirm that this is the area that you plan to be camping?  Highway 410 to FS-70 just past Greenwater, WA.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

H8PVMNT

• Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: Jul 10, 2015, 12:07:46 PM »
Bring the dogs?

I thought about it but my buddy with the beach house we can stay in for free doesn't like dogs there.
– Steve McQueen

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K

SqWADoosh [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Jul 10, 2015, 12:09:06 PM »
I thought about it but my buddy with the beach house we can stay in for free doesn't like dogs there.

Well that is heart breaking  :tantrum:

H8PVMNT

• Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: Jul 10, 2015, 02:44:04 PM »
Well keep having trail rides and I'll come over for a long weekend sometime.

Ever messed around at Moses Lake?  We were thinking of camping out there.
– Steve McQueen

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Jul 10, 2015, 03:06:01 PM »
All the camping is off of FS 19 on the west side. It is not a very far trip to get the east side wheeling. Trust me bud I won't lead you astray :)

I'm killing some time and looking at Google maps and I can only find NF-19 on the east side (Yakima) which is why I was asking about NF-70 on the west side.  In some places NF-70 and NF-19 seem to be the same so is that way all the way through?  Crow Creek Campground is right on NF-19, right?

1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

SqWADoosh [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Jul 10, 2015, 04:06:29 PM »
I'm killing some time and looking at Google maps and I can only find NF-19 on the east side (Yakima) which is why I was asking about NF-70 on the west side.  In some places NF-70 and NF-19 seem to be the same so is that way all the way through?  Crow Creek Campground is right on NF-19, right?

FS 19 turns into 70. Coming from 410 you will turn left onto it right after passing the little naches river. There will be signs for Little Naches Campground. This is the main arterial road that feeds to all of the trails as well as the road that all of the campgrounds are off of. If you look on google maps you can see it when you search for "Little Naches Campground".

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Jul 10, 2015, 05:35:31 PM »
FS 19 turns into 70. Coming from 410 you will turn left onto it right after passing the little naches river. There will be signs for Little Naches Campground. This is the main arterial road that feeds to all of the trails as well as the road that all of the campgrounds are off of. If you look on google maps you can see it when you search for "Little Naches Campground".

I know exactly where you're talking about, my confusion has been that you have described it as the "west" side when it's on the east side of Chinook Pass.  I think our reference for east vs. west has been different.

I was thinking of in terms of Naches pass where the west side access is off of NF-70 just past Greenwater on 410.  The west side access is NF-19 just short of Cliffdell on 410.

This adds an hour to my trip in the morning, but I have done it before.

SqWADoosh [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Jul 10, 2015, 05:42:36 PM »
I know exactly where you're talking about, my confusion has been that you have described it as the "west" side when it's on the east side of Chinook Pass.  I think our reference for east vs. west has been different.

I was thinking of in terms of Naches pass where the west side access is off of NF-70 just past Greenwater on 410.  The west side access is NF-19 just short of Cliffdell on 410.

This adds an hour to my trip in the morning, but I have done it before.

I was talking in terms of west side trails and east side trails. Glad we are on the same page now.

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Jul 10, 2015, 06:06:55 PM »
I was talking in terms of west side trails and east side trails. Glad we are on the same page now.

Indeed.  So which campground are you shooting for.  I know where Little Naches, Kaner Flats, and Crow Creek campgrounds are for landmarks.

SqWADoosh [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Jul 10, 2015, 06:09:33 PM »
Indeed.  So which campground are you shooting for.  I know where Little Naches, Kaner Flats, and Crow Creek campgrounds are for landmarks.

Shooting for Longmire Meadows, Kaner or an unmarked one that is near the water. I love camping near the water.

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Jul 10, 2015, 06:14:15 PM »
Shooting for Longmire Meadows, Kaner or an unmarked one that is near the water. I love camping near the water.

You'll just have to shoot me a text when and if you find some service and I guess my CB may come in handy to make first contact.  It's about 3 hours for me.

SqWADoosh [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Jul 10, 2015, 06:15:52 PM »
You'll just have to shoot me a text when and if you find some service and I guess my CB may come in handy to make first contact.  It's about 3 hours for me.

I will be putting a sign up with the club logo off of the main road with an arrow pointing to the camp site.

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: Jul 11, 2015, 12:03:32 PM »
Have you confirmed that the ban for motor vehicles has been lifted?

http://www.nwjeepn.com/trailclosure.html

SqWADoosh [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: Jul 11, 2015, 12:07:02 PM »
Have you confirmed that the ban for motor vehicles has been lifted?

http://www.nwjeepn.com/trailclosure.html

Yes

SqWADoosh [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: Jul 13, 2015, 08:25:10 PM »
Did some CIA work today and used Satellite images with Google Earth & Maps to find some great possible camp sites for the Naches run. Very much considering heading down there this weekend to scout them before the trip. If I don't though, me going in on Thursday afternoon will still give me plenty of time to find the ideal spot for us to camp. I plan on printing out some signs with the club logo on them and laminating them. I will then sharpie in an arrow pointing towards the campground and place them on the side of FS 70 so that the camp is easily found. Any questions about this let me know.

toyodaaddict

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 399
  • Male Posts: 1,141
  • Member since Sep '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: Jul 20, 2015, 09:21:03 AM »
Well... My Aunt is here from Arizona this week and I still haven't got my truck back on the road :smack: There is a strong possibility I'm not going to make this one :down:
80 shortbed-22re,w56,Marlin 23 spline dual cases,HighAngle drivelines,RUF/63"chevy's,35''mtr's,30 spline Longfields, Allpro highsteer.87 rear axle,5.29 gears,rear spool,BudBuilt cm, marlin HD clutch,ramsey 8000 winch. 
     https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=101882.0

SqWADoosh [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: Jul 20, 2015, 09:38:20 AM »
Well... My Aunt is here from Arizona this week and I still haven't got my truck back on the road :smack: There is a strong possibility I'm not going to make this one :down:

:nonono:

SqWADoosh [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: Jul 21, 2015, 11:02:13 AM »
Weather report for the Naches area calls for mid 80s highs and mid 50s lows. Couldn't ask for much better this time of year.

I was able to find a .pdf of the sheriff's map that is purchasable at Whistlin Jacks. I still recommend everyone get the updated version (this is from 2006) however this will give anyone that is coming into the area for the first time a map to have in case they lose signal, don't know where FS 19 is, etc. I have added a box with an arrow pointing to FS 19/Little Naches RD so that you can see where to turn off of 410 at.

http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B61_ECM95PVdU0t5V0daUEd1dlBBSzB3aGtDYlRqb0Vpa3VF/view?usp=docslist_api

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: Jul 21, 2015, 11:24:54 AM »
Any idea what tails/area you'll be targeting on Saturday?  My passenger was asking...

SqWADoosh [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: Jul 21, 2015, 11:28:27 AM »
Any idea what tails/area you'll be targeting on Saturday?  My passenger was asking...

Saturday will be the main event. We will launch out of camp and head up Kaner Flats, to Manastash Ridge, to String, to Shoe String, to Tripod Flats, to Moon Rocks & Funny Rocks.

SqWADoosh [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: Jul 21, 2015, 11:31:20 AM »
I will be heading up Thursday afternoon/early evening to secure camp. Myself and the couple other rigs that will be there Friday will be heading up on a recon of the proposed Saturday trails to insure they are all open and suitable. Like I said above Saturday will be the main event as that is when most people are planning on being there. Sunday we will load up our rigs and run the wagon trail on the way out.

63W

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Member since Nov '14
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: Jul 24, 2015, 12:58:50 PM »
Do you post your trail runs on here or are there other places to see what the wet wheelers are up to?

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: Jul 24, 2015, 07:17:20 PM »
Do you post your trail runs on here or are there other places to see what the wet wheelers are up to?

The club is on FB as well.

Nation

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1141
  • Male Posts: 1,565
  • Member since Mar '13
  • @nationallmotors
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #146 on: Jul 25, 2015, 02:08:12 AM »
 :usa:
3RZ, LC engineering Turbo kit, R151, Dual Ultimate, Yota axles-5:29s, Spartan front, LSD Rear

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: Jul 25, 2015, 08:29:07 PM »
I am back from the long 15 hour day trip to wheel with the club. It was a great day with more mud and less sun than expected. It ended up being an 8 rig adventure after two groups joined forces after meeting on the trails yesterday.

63W

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Member since Nov '14
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: Jul 27, 2015, 08:53:36 AM »
What trails you run?

SqWADoosh [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: Jul 27, 2015, 09:07:10 AM »
What trails you run?

Everything except for Shoe String and Ravens Roost.