Author Topic: weber carb improvements?  (Read 2028 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
weber carb improvements?
« on: Mar 22, 2005, 11:02:50 PM »
So here's the deal;  couple of weeks ago I fill up at the local cheapie gas place, won't mention the name(am/pm), and I end up with a bunch of water in my gas.  Only noticed it after my truck died at an intersection, blamed it on the idle solenoid wire coming off but it didn't(forgot that I fixed it permanently out of disgust last time), looked down and saw all this water in the fuel filter.  So part of the drying out process involved pulling off the top of the carb to check for water in the float bowl, at which time I decided to rebuild the carb as it's been running worse and leaking like a siv lately.

It's a weber 32/36 dgav.  I just got my rebuild kit and was figuring that as long as it's apart I might as well see if anybody with weber experience has any tips or suggestions how to make it better?  I've already played around with jetting to get a decent balance between performance and mileage.  I actually just decided to try and match the carb/adapter/manifold so they all lign up better in hopes of a little smoother throttle response, and am open to any suggestions from people who've played with these carbs. 

Thanks in advance,   Nate
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,058
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: weber carb improvements?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2005, 07:47:12 AM »
I can't help you with any improvements, but I would be interested in knowing what Jets you are using.  I am considering getting a kit to tune my weber a bit.  I either have the K746 or K8749, both are 32/36 I think.  I am working with the redline tech support to try and smooth mine out as well.   I will send you my emails with him so that you can see some of his suggested mods, he had a few great ideas.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved