We currently are not offering Customer Support on our Forum.
Please use our Store website for: Customer Contact.

Author Topic: Marlin Crawler Turns 20!! Get $20 Off or Free Shipping On All Weekend Orders!  (Read 5564 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,289
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Marlin Crawler Turns 20! Get $20 Off or Free Shipping On All Weekend Orders!

This April marks our 20th year of changing the Toyota world! To kick-start our celebration of our 20th year anniversary, we are offering $20 off shipping on any $40+ online order! Additionally, if the shipping quote for your order is less than $20, then we'll ship it for free! There are no codes to enter, simply add products to your cart and the shipping discount will apply automatically with the shipping rate quote.

Click here to visit our homepage and get started!

Two easy steps:
  • Toss $40 worth of products or more into your online shopping cart
  • Automatically receive $20 off shipping during checkout!
    • Any $40+ order that has a rate quote under $20 will ship for free!
Offer applies to online orders shipped via standard ground service to the lower 48-states and expires at 11:59pm PST Sunday night.

A Brief Marlin Crawler History by yours truly

When Marlin purchased and began wheel'n his little red Toyota pickup in September of 1983, he recalls being teased for driving a "Jap-Tin-Can" as it had a weaker frame than a Land Cruiser and in a sea of many 6- and 8-cylinder short wheelbase rigs it's 20R engine was grossly underpowered and it couldn't make sharp corners on the trail to save its own life.

Marlin has always been a pioneer with this same red Toyota pickup, developing one of the earliest known 20R-22R hybrid engines, coming up with many improvements to the stock steering system, creating his own on-board welder before companies such as Mobi-Weld or Premier Power Welder came around, and even created the world's first Heavy Duty Birfield joint almost a decade before the Longfield was even dreamt of.

Marlin has always had a desire in life for what he passionately refers to as, "Putting Toyota's Back On The Map!" Since April of 1994, when Marlin created the first Marlin Crawler, there is no denying the impact this set like a wildfire to the Toyota off-road world.

Today we find Toyota trucks dominating the Rock Crawling world which Marlin himself founded. Final drive ratios in excess of 100:1 were extremely rare before the Marlin Crawler, and on most platforms it was even impossible. Today, known by the term Marlin created called a "Crawl Ratio", these same inferior Toyota trucks can easily be transformed to have a final drive ratio in excess of 200:1 by fitting just one Marlin Crawler product. In fact in 1996 when Marlin developed his 4.70:1 ratio, his truck had a Crawl Ratio of 2,158:1, or 59 times lower than stock. If you have not witnessed first-hand what his truck can do on the trail then you are truly missing out on the potential of the Marlin Crawler.

It's difficult to imagine another single product that has done so much to advance the Toyota off-road world. The days of bad gearing burning up clutches and Marlin carrying spares literally replacing clutches on multiple vehicles on the same trail are long behind us. This is why we are so passionate about what we do. This is why we are so passionate about the man whose tireless efforts started it all and built the Toyota off-road world we all enjoy today. This is why we love Marlin and his incredible Marlin Crawler products!

Happy Twentieth Year Anniversary Marlin Crawler! There is no doubt in my mind that Marlin has succeeded in gaining World-wide recognition for Toyota trucks. I for one would not be as excited as I still am today, now in my 31st year of four wheeling, if it wasn't for the many Marlin Crawler parts in my own rig. -BigMike

--

Follow our Vintage Facebook Photo Album to read many cool stories about Marlin's involvement and development of the Toyota Rock Crawling world! Album link, updated often: Vintage "Crawler Truck" Pictures

The Marlin Crawler is remarkable with a winch as it is the first product in the world
to enable your vehicle to precisely match the line speed of your winch. Surprise Canyon, 1997

And most of all, HAPPY CRAWLING!!

Regards,
BigMike
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2016, 12:46:36 PM by BigMike »
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

ninja turtle

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 38
  • Male Posts: 1,072
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
Happy 20th and here's to 20 more :beerchug: Just took advantage of the free shipping, thanks Mike.

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,289
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

twistedtoy92

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -255
  • Male Posts: 3,781
  • Member since Dec '06
  • NFM Customs
    • View Profile
So I've had my 10 year anniversary Marlin shifter knob for 10 years...  :headshake: Time flies!

Gotta love Marlin Crawler!  :love: :beerchug: :turtle: :turtlehead:  :rockingout:
2005 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 380 AWHP @ 24psi
1993 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=72886.msg866982#msg866982
1992 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=49319.msg616251#msg616251
1985 4runner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=60737.msg745263#msg745263

"TRIPLE CASES GETS YOU LAID." -BigMike

"I daily drive this thang everyday." (swapped89)

Dirt Mover

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 186
  • Male Posts: 355
  • Member since Sep '03
  • Chrome won't get you home
    • View Profile
Awesome pictures from the 90's. I'm still running my AA dual case #257 from those days

toyodaaddict

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 399
  • Male Posts: 1,141
  • Member since Sep '08
    • View Profile
This was all the persuasion I needed to place a small order. I'll be looking forward to the 30th, though I hope it doesnt come to soon.Thanks for everything  :turtle:.
80 shortbed-22re,w56,Marlin 23 spline dual cases,HighAngle drivelines,RUF/63"chevy's,35''mtr's,30 spline Longfields, Allpro highsteer.87 rear axle,5.29 gears,rear spool,BudBuilt cm, marlin HD clutch,ramsey 8000 winch. 
     https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=101882.0

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 440
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
 :party: :party: :party:

Happy Anniversary!!
If I don't ask the stupid question, who will?

85 Runner, 22RE, AEM 'warm intake', TRD Cam, LC Headers, Dual Case, 5.29's, ARB Front Locker, Detroit Rear Locker, 35's, V6 Brakes, ARP Studs, Marlin Arms/Caps/Hy-Steer, Winch, Armor, Can-Back Top....and...

...more Gremlins than Gizmo the Mogwai was responsible for.