Author Topic: 88 22r-e hard miss fire at all RPM and throttle positions I need help!!!  (Read 1426 times)

Jr0mer0

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 39
  • Member since Feb '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Little background on the motor:  just put on an LE street performer head, crawler cam, cold air, header with full custom exhaust, aluminum radiator and hoses,  plugs, wires, cap and rotor all since last winter... It was running pretty good for a while just put the cold air on a month ago. One day I filled up the tank and got on the freeway and about 2 miles down the road it started cutting out real bad and I put the clutch in and it died. limped it home.on the way home it ran like shot but ever now and then it would run fine for a sec then cut out again..

Started Goin through things when I got home and realized it ran good cold but when it warms up it would miss again... now it has a hard miss cold or warm and at all throttle positions and RPM. So far me and my buddy have been swapping out parts trying to diagnose this thing and we've almost given up.

So far I've replaced the MAF, coil, igniter box, distributer, plug wires, TPS, fuel pump, fuel filter, catalytic converter and the injector resistor module, checked all wiring and vacuum lines.

I'm now thinking maybe injectors? I could really use some ideas on this thanks   :help:

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

toyodaaddict

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 399
  • Male Posts: 1,144
  • Member since Sep '08
    • View Profile
i agree, bad gas sounds like a strong possibility. especially considering the issue started immediately after refueling.  this happend to my uncle once and i believe it required new injectors but id start with fresh gas,new filter and some injector cleaner.
80 shortbed-22re,w56,Marlin 23 spline dual cases,HighAngle drivelines,RUF/63"chevy's,35''mtr's,30 spline Longfields, Allpro highsteer.87 rear axle,5.29 gears,rear spool,BudBuilt cm, marlin HD clutch,ramsey 8000 winch. 
     https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=101882.0

Jr0mer0 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
I already threw a new filter on and added fuel treatment and I always run 91 octane but it possible but with the strange stuff it was doing I didn't think it was gas but I'm getting desperate I'll prob drain the tank and see :crossed:

Jr0mer0 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Not the gas..... Any other ideas guys? I'd appreciate any help