Author Topic: Wanted 1983 4x4 clean Long-bed for restoration 3-10K (restored)  (Read 5413 times)

83pete

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
Hey Everybody.
After over 5 years with just a car, I want to get back in a truck.  I've had an 85 and 83 and have learned my lesson so my third one will be forever (if you do some searching, you'll see the one I sold on this site.  Since I plan on keeping it for the long-haul I want to get exactly (or close to) what I want and I'm willing to wait but also pay up.  I would like a really clean (no rust/accidents) 83 long-bed preferably beige with brown interior but an 81, 82 would work.  Other pluses would be A/C, camper shell, 5.29 gears, auto lockers, Marlin parts/upgrades, 4 inch lift, 35 inch tires.  I'm toying with the idea of an EFI engine swap so that would be perfect.  With the scarcity/costs of parts, I'd pay more for a really clean interior.  I don't have a trailer so want something running/driving and good for a few years of smog (Los Angeles County, CA.

If I don't get something right away, I'd consider a 85-88 EFI with manual trans in any condition to be the eventual engine donor.

Thanks for looking at my post.  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Pete

83pete [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
Hey Everybody.
After over 5 years with just a car, I want to get back in a truck.  I've had an 85 and 83 and have learned my lesson so my third one will be forever (if you do some searching, you'll see the one I sold on this site.  Since I plan on keeping it for the long-haul I want to get exactly (or close to) what I want and I'm willing to wait but also pay up.  I would like a really clean (no rust/accidents) 83 long-bed preferably beige with brown interior but an 81, 82 would work.  Other pluses would be A/C, camper shell, 5.29 gears, auto lockers, Marlin parts/upgrades, 4 inch lift, 35 inch tires.  I'm toying with the idea of an EFI engine swap so that would be perfect.  With the scarcity/costs of parts, I'd pay more for a really clean interior.  I don't have a trailer so want something running/driving and good for a few years of smog (Los Angeles County, CA.

If I don't get something right away, I'd consider a 85-88 EFI with manual trans in any condition to be the eventual engine donor.

Thanks for looking at my post.  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Pete

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Forever is a long time, I can't count how many times I've said that this is my last 4x4 and that I'm never gonna sell it. Good luck on your quest, it is an honorable one for sure.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

83pete [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
HaHa!  I know what you mean, this one will be my third, but the last 2 times I didn't have a place to store it or the money to keep it.  So this time I think I can swing it and really get to enjoy it when I want and use the car for the day-to-day stuff.
Thanks for the show of support :beerchug:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
I've had 8 different Toyota's alone, and that's not counting when I've strayed to other makes which will add at least 8 more. I've already debated selling my latest Toyota and getting something else. :doh:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

helipilot77

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1018
  • Male Posts: 1,727
  • Member since Jul '12
  • Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
    • My build thread
My brother is selling his 1982 SR5 longbed. It is in Salem Oregon. Blue with Blue interior. A restore was started on it about 10 years ago then lost steam. It has A/C but no compressor. It has only very moderate surface rust on some of the dings. Has a rebuilt 22R that was meticulously rebuilt by my brother and a rebuilt W56 (the truck came with a 4 speed). I think the lift is about a 4 inch with 33" Baja Claws. Weber carb and header. Runs like a top. Always starts right up first crank.

-1987 SR5 4runner, 1KZ-t turbo diesel with mech. pump
 & custom 3" S.S. dump pipe, R-151f transmission, marlin dual ultimate transfer cases w/ triple shifter, SAS, 35's https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=98969.0
-1984 SR5 Tercel 4wd wagon bone stock - given to my nephew https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=100547.0
-1:10 scale RC 4wd crawler w/yota axles, R2 2 speed enclosed dig tranny and 1st gen 4Runner body by BigBird
-My front axle service write-up http://board.marlincrawler.com/i

helipilot77

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1018
  • Male Posts: 1,727
  • Member since Jul '12
  • Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
    • My build thread
My brother is getting ready to sell his 1982 longbed SR5 with A/C and a carefully rebuilt 22R. The only problem I see is that it is in Oregon and has had the smog removed by the PO, but if you are going EFI it shouldn't be a big deal.

-1987 SR5 4runner, 1KZ-t turbo diesel with mech. pump
 & custom 3" S.S. dump pipe, R-151f transmission, marlin dual ultimate transfer cases w/ triple shifter, SAS, 35's https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=98969.0
-1984 SR5 Tercel 4wd wagon bone stock - given to my nephew https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=100547.0
-1:10 scale RC 4wd crawler w/yota axles, R2 2 speed enclosed dig tranny and 1st gen 4Runner body by BigBird
-My front axle service write-up http://board.marlincrawler.com/i

83pete [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
PM'ed you Helipilot.  Thank you and everybody else for looking out!

83pete [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
Hey Guys, I'm still looking.  Any leads?  I really want a clean beige with brown interior, I've been looking at some beat up ones but it's hard to find ones in decent condition since I'm planning to do a nice restoration.  I don't mind waiting but I don't want to miss out if one comes up.  Thanks for the help.
Pete

83pete [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
Hey Guys, I'm still looking.  Any leads?  I really want a clean beige with brown interior, I've been looking at some beat up ones but it's hard to find ones in decent condition since I'm planning to do a nice restoration.  I don't mind waiting but I don't want to miss out if one comes up.  Thanks for the help.
Pete

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,291
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
I merged the duplicate posts, created a new "Rigs Wanted!" board, and moved this thread to it.

Regards,
BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

83pete [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
Thanks Big Mike :thumbs:

I_Like_Little_Rocks

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 17
  • Member since Dec '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Hi 83Pete, saw this and remembered this post. Not brown but i think you might like it anyways. I hope the link works. 1980 pickup, clean and ORIGINAL!!! http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/4354545989.html Let us know what you think!?!  :beerchug:

HogCanyonHopper

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 7319
  • Male Posts: 1,224
  • Member since Jul '10
    • View Profile
omfg!! that thing is so clean  :drooling:
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88478.0
Where are we going? And why are we in a handbasket?

My friend is goin to moan this weekend - RockcrawlinJK

steveco.

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 321
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
very nice...  :bowdown:
Let's put a smile on that face!