Author Topic: Anyone live in Nevada?  (Read 863 times)

BadnewsBob

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 350
  • Member since Sep '11
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
Anyone live in Nevada?
« on: Mar 08, 2013, 06:23:50 PM »
I am thinking about maybe, kinda, sorta, just don't know for sure moving there and was wondering about a few things. Like, How are they about emission controls and the like and other rules about your trucks.
 My truck has no emission equipment at all and no rear fenders, not much in the way of bumpers neither.
 Any input would be welcome....BTW I am looking at northern Nevada up around Wells.    Thanks.
AE2 USN ret
No matter where ya go..... there ya are.
Hillbilly Offroad
84 xtra cab on 63" chevies and RUF 35" KM2s 22R 5 speed DTC 5.29s Locked front and rear.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone live in Nevada?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2013, 11:33:27 AM »
I live in Reno.

As it stands now, Washoe and Clark county are the only ones that have any sort of emissions testing, and what testing it is is a joke. 

I've never had issues with my rock crawler, which is on full width one tons. Mudflaps are not required except on vehicles over 26K

NRS 484 is going to have a lot of the info you want

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2013, 08:33:59 PM »
What the hell is in Wells, Nevada?  Been through there, there isn't much.  And talk about being BFE!!!   :yupyup:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

BadnewsBob [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '11
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2013, 06:31:54 PM »
Thanks for the info Blackdog. :thumbs:

That is why I am looking to move there Cheesemaker. 

I have spent a lot of time in Falon and I know that the desert helps with some of my medical conditions, I have heard also that high elevations help with some of my other problems so I want to give it a try.

There is a lake there for fishing and hunting is supposed to be good nearby, Wide open gun friendly land and not far from good offroading. Sounds like just the ticket for this soon to be retired (hopefully) redneck.

Might take a little getting use to seeing as it don't have a gazillion acres of hardwoods like here in Kentucky, But if it will dry out my sinuses and help me breathe I am all for it.
AE2 USN ret
Hillbilly Offroad
84 xtra cab on 63" chevies and RUF 35" KM2s 22R 5 speed DTC 5.29s Locked front and rear.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2013, 08:11:49 PM »
Thanks for the info Blackdog. :thumbs:

That is why I am looking to move there Cheesemaker. 

I have spent a lot of time in Falon and I know that the desert helps with some of my medical conditions, I have heard also that high elevations help with some of my other problems so I want to give it a try.

There is a lake there for fishing and hunting is supposed to be good nearby, Wide open gun friendly land and not far from good offroading. Sounds like just the ticket for this soon to be retired (hopefully) redneck.

Might take a little getting use to seeing as it don't have a gazillion acres of hardwoods like here in Kentucky, But if it will dry out my sinuses and help me breathe I am all for it.

Not a problem.  Allergies I'm guessing? 

Moving to NV in general really helped with mine.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

BadnewsBob [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '11
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2013, 04:17:54 PM »
Chronic sinusitis, No fun to have.
AE2 USN ret
Hillbilly Offroad