Author Topic: Pulling apart a t-case for duals  (Read 1548 times)

theslayer85

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 83
  • Male Posts: 300
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
Pulling apart a t-case for duals
« on: Aug 31, 2012, 07:31:33 AM »
I bought a dual transfer case adapter and I have two full transmissions and tcases for donars, with one in the truck now.  I cannot figure out how to get the donar t-case seperated from the rear section for my second case.  I have it seperated from the 5 speed transmission already but I keep taking out bolts and it will not pull apart.  I took off the drive shaft flange and the pins in the shift rails and it still won't seperate.  The instructions that came with the dual case adapter dosen't show how to pull the extra case out just how to put it onto the adapter.  Any help would be nice. 

83yota5960

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -20
  • Male Posts: 551
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
Re: Pulling apart a t-case for duals
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2012, 06:45:06 PM »
if you look on marlin or trailgears site in the tech section i think, there is a right up with step by step instrustions, an pictures on how to do it, ill try and find it and give ya the link.

hear ya go http://www.trail-gear.com/instructions
83 short bed yota 35's 5.29's 4.7 f-150's arb front aussie locker rear high steer ifs rear axle
83 short bed yota 31 a/t mild lift welded ifs rear axle
99 audi A4 as my new daily driver.

TheChewMaster

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 245
  • Member since Feb '12
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2012, 11:52:42 PM »
Keep checking to make sure you got all the bolts some are long, some are short. There are two sizes. I literally just whacked it tons of times with a rubber mallet...and it just came apart.a little fissure formed and I whacked and pulled and it came apart. I'm looking at an old reduction case right now. There are 6 bolts

http://www.marlincrawler.com/tech/guide/dual-case-crawler-installer

theslayer85 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2012, 09:42:20 AM »
The case and back end will seperate and has an inch gap it just won't pull the rest of the way apart.  I may just need to use more brute force, but it feels like there is something still holding it in. 

I will check the links and see if I have everything apart I need to. 

theslayer85 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 01, 2012, 09:44:33 AM »
if you look on marlin or trailgears site in the tech section i think, there is a right up with step by step instrustions, an pictures on how to do it, ill try and find it and give ya the link.

hear ya go http://www.trail-gear.com/instructions

This is what they sent with the adapter and doesn't cover how to take it apart just how to use the already taken apart case back together with the adapter.

theslayer85 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 01, 2012, 09:54:52 AM »
Keep checking to make sure you got all the bolts some are long, some are short. There are two sizes. I literally just whacked it tons of times with a rubber mallet...and it just came apart.a little fissure formed and I whacked and pulled and it came apart. I'm looking at an old reduction case right now. There are 6 bolts

http://www.marlincrawler.com/tech/guide/dual-case-crawler-installer

thanks this is exactly what i was looking for.  I didn't take the back end off and the shift fork is what is keeping everything from pulling apart.  I will have to print these directions and finish pulling it all apart.