Author Topic: e locker wiring relay  (Read 5567 times)

Mega Baby Huey

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 432
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
e locker wiring relay
« on: Feb 26, 2012, 09:13:33 PM »
ok... I've been searching for this for a couple hours and I've finally hit a wall. I recently installed a TRD axle in my 85 4runner. Everything is great, but i'm now on to wiring the thing. I've found the write ups for the DPDT switch, but i want to use the stock Toyota switch (i know... I'm picky...). I can get the e locker ecu from the guy i got the axle from, and I've heard that it's not too hard to wire it up in the new vehicle (although i haven't read into it... but i was hoping to follow this write up: http://www.yotatech.com/f123/oem-e-locker-switch-w-diy-relay-circuit-154904/ .

the problem I've found is i cannot find the three relays i need for the life of me. I've found some relays but they've all been too small. I was just wondering if someone has already done this, or knows where i can get the relays... or even if someone knows an alternative way to use the stock switch... Thanks!

wiring diagram:
The Art of Flying is Actually Quite Simple! You Just Have to Throw Yourself at the Ground and Miss!!!                                   All This Global Warming is Wearing Out My Snow Shovel!!!                        Paved Roads: Just Another Example of Useless Government Spending!                                          Toyota. Moving forward... even if you don't want to...
My Old Toy

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Yota87Truck

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,175
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile

Mega Baby Huey [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
Re: e locker wiring relay
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2012, 09:55:31 PM »
http://www.marlincrawler.com/air-electronics/wiring-harness/electric-locker-control-kit

That won't let me use the factory switch like i want.

I've found the write ups for the DPDT switch, but i want to use the stock Toyota switch (i know... I'm picky...).

I'm not a bum who is too lazy to use the search so i just started a new topic... I've been researching for a couple days now,  and I'm just having trouble finding the right relay, and i'm wondering if anyone has done this before...
The Art of Flying is Actually Quite Simple! You Just Have to Throw Yourself at the Ground and Miss!!!                                   All This Global Warming is Wearing Out My Snow Shovel!!!                        Paved Roads: Just Another Example of Useless Government Spending!                                          Toyota. Moving forward... even if you don't want to...
My Old Toy

Mega Baby Huey [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
Re: e locker wiring relay
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2012, 08:09:22 AM »
well yota87truck figured it out for me... those are SPDT relays... not DPDT... SPDT is much more readinly avalible and mine are already on the way from here ... 2 bucks for 5! not a bad deal! I'll probably do a write up once i get them wired if there's an intrest in it... but maybe I'm behind the times and everyone's already done it...
My Old Toy