Author Topic: Calling All Poly Goat Alumni!!!  (Read 1938 times)

bknaus

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 23
  • Member since Jul '09
  • Sway Bar Guru
    • View Profile
    • Hellwig Products
Calling All Poly Goat Alumni!!!
« on: Jan 05, 2012, 10:32:46 PM »
This is a message for all former members of Cal Poly's Offroad Club, the Poly Goats.

I am a recent graduate from Cal Poly and a former officer in the Poly Goats 4x4 and Off Road Club. Since this is a college club, there is basically a new batch of members every 4ish years so contact with older alumni is lost pretty quickly and there isn't a real record of previous members that I know of. The club has been going continuously since 1966 so I know there are a ton of you guys out there.

If you would be interested in getting a yearly newsletter summarizing what the club has been up to please send an email to PolyGoatAlumni@gmail.com with contact info. This is a new thing we're trying and if we get a good response we'd also like to start a yearly reunion event out at Pismo or somewhere to allow everyone to relive the glory college days and tell old stories. The contact info sent to this email will be used to send out information on any reunions. I promise you won't get more than a couple emails each year and no spam at all!

We also always love to see old pics of events, stickers or whatever from alumni so feel free to send any of that to the email as well.

And we have joined the cool kids and have a Facebook Profile that can be found at Poly Goats | Facebook so hit us up there too if you want.

Finally, if you are an alumni or know someone who is, please forward this information on to them in case they don't see it on here. I will be posting on a couple other sites too.

Happy and safe wheeling to everyone,
Ben Knaus
PG Alumni Coordinator

Hellwig Products Director of Engineering
Poly Goats Club Alumni
Central Valley Crawlers Member

bknaus [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 23
  • Member since Jul '09
  • Sway Bar Guru
    • View Profile
    • Hellwig Products
Re: Calling All Poly Goat Alumni!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2012, 12:42:09 PM »
I've gotten some pics from previous alumni.

Here's a sweet satin jacket from the mid 80s (there was a pink version for the girls):

And a plaque from 1972:
Hellwig Products Director of Engineering
Poly Goats Club Alumni
Central Valley Crawlers Member