Author Topic: What do you think in a Woofer - Overkill  (Read 3787 times)

TrackVino

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Male Posts: 1,038
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Rocking and Rollin with Marlin!!!
    • View Profile
    • DCD Photo Studios
What do you think in a Woofer - Overkill
« on: Feb 15, 2005, 03:12:57 PM »
How do you think this will sound in my 4Runner?   :smack:

This is just a little Overkill

Have you ever noticed that the people who go to the extreme of customizing their $100,000 cars with the biggest and most blinged out wheels, custom alligator skin interiors, and even steering wheels encrusted with diamonds always seem to have the same 12” woofers as the 16 year-old kid down the street? For these people, the word “excess” doesn't cross their minds when it comes to customizing their car. So, MTX has crafted an all new, 22" SuperWoofer for anyone who's got what it takes to go to the extreme—the MTX Audio JackHammer T9922.

JackHammer is the most enormous, mind-blowing subwoofer ever created. You will literally not believe it until you see it. Standing in at 23” tall, 320 pounds, and with 10,000 watt peak music power handling, you will be hard-pressed to find something that will get in the ring with this heavyweight.

Carbon fiber and glass fiber dust cap with aluminum honeycomb center

Expanded polypropylene cone with mica filler for reduced mass and increased stiffness

FEA designed progressive roll spider with 10 AWG integrated tinsel leads woven in to allow for 2.5” of linear cone movement one way

900 ounce strontium ferrite magnet with extended magnetic field gap technology and aluminum shorting ring

6.5” voice coil with a flat wound, long-excursion design incorporating 2.5” of x-max and 17 AWG high temperature aluminum wire

Aluminum heatsink to maintain the optimum voice-coil temperature

5,000 RMS, 10,000 peak music power

94dB sensitivity @ 2.83 volts

The JackHammer SuperWoofer represents excess in every way and this enormous subwoofer lives for high SPL and window shattering bass. But, the T9922 is designed for sonic quality, and high SPL, what we call SQL. JackHammers are shipped in either the SPL mode, with dual 2Ω voice coils, or as the SQL model with dual 4Ω voice coils. A replaceable cone assembly is also available, for switching between "every day" listening (SQL), and competition (SPL). Unlike traditional replacement assemblies, the MTX Audio Thunder9922 replacement assembly can be accomplished without removing the speaker from the enclosure. Fast, quick, and easy.

T9922-44 22” JackHammer SQL SuperWoofer,
Dual 4Ω (5000 W RMS)

T9922-22 22" JackHammer SPL SuperWoofer,
Dual 2Ω (5000 W RMS)

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think in a Woofer - Overkill
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2005, 03:19:20 PM »
Thats overkill. 320 pounds...wow  :shake:  . Itd take like 4 1000 watt amps just to make it sound good. I have a 10" Kicker sub with 450watts in my truck and its plenty fine  for me.
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2005, 03:28:50 PM »
when i was in high school, a buddy worked at a stereo install shop.  He called me down there one day, they put a 30", yes 30" sub in the back of a CRX :smack:  I dont know the details, but the car was there two weeks later becasue he blew every single component of his stereo system, along with the back window, and his cars battery.   :slap:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

TrackVino [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
    • DCD Photo Studios
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2005, 04:00:37 PM »
I dont know how long ago that was, but speakers have really came a long way in the last few years. I use to belong to, and dont laugh, a low rider car club, and use to hook up sterio systems for competitions, that was a chalenge working with very expensive equipment, but the trick was cheep stuff to sound good. Now a days, the stuff is really cheap, but not cheeply made, you can buy some really good speakers and amps that will blow you away. 

I really like this :toiletwait:

Willy Mammoth

• Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2005, 04:28:24 PM »
Yea you and the poor sucker next to you at the light (ME). I have a paint ball gun for people like that. Sorry, but I'm not sorry that crap is an invasion of my space.
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

TrackVino [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
    • DCD Photo Studios
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2005, 05:12:59 PM »
All in moderation Mammoth

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2005, 05:46:33 PM »
All in moderation Mammoth

:tantrum:  if moderation means KEEP YOUR DANG BASS OUT OF MY VEHICLE AND HOUSE then I am all for it.  :mad: what ticks me off is that "they" seem to think it is in their right to invade MY SPACE with "their" noise.  :snare: Just cause you like what you're listening to doesn't mean I do.  :eek: Sorry, no offense, but this is a HUGE issue with me. :maddest: It makes me want to take a baseball bat to windshields.  :bat: What is anyone going to buy a woofer like that for if you aren't going to torment eveyone else with it.  :slap:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

TrackVino [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
    • DCD Photo Studios
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2005, 08:39:38 PM »
OK, you convinced me, I think I will buy one for my 4 Runner  :hammer:

Just Kidding. I use to do that, but that was a long time ago, and only in competitions.

I do want a good system in my 4 runner, but more because I play in a band, and love music

Willy Mammoth

• Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2005, 08:57:16 PM »
I like music too, I just don't like to feel somebody elses while I am listening to mine. It just isn't good for keeping your blood pressure down and when you get to be an old fart like me you will understand.

What kind of music do you play. I have a neihbor that has toured with Quite Riot. (did I spell any of that rite?)

TrackVino [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
    • DCD Photo Studios
« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2005, 09:09:58 PM »
Use to play heavy metal, rock, and some alternative

Its all good

Actually im talking to some guys who like playing Journey, and old Police and stuff, really mellow, but cool

Willy Mammoth

• Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Feb 15, 2005, 09:22:03 PM »
That's cool.  My niehbor goes by the name Grasshopper. I don't know if that means anything to you or not, Just wanted to see. He is a bass player.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2005, 11:47:45 AM »
you know what I love is those idiots in the little ricers that dont sound proof their hatches, or dont seure the box their subs are in, so they crank it and you can hear the hatch vibrating and the sub moving around in the trunk.   Freakin annoying.  If you're gonna do it, do it right.

A neat trick I have learned.  When I am at a light next to someone with their bass way up, I start revving my truck.  I have flowmaster exhaust with a straight pipe, and my truck sounds freakin beautifl when it runs right, but it is loud when i rev it :yupyup:  and their window are just about at exhaust level as well :rofl:  they usually get pissed, and turn down their music to yell at me. :hahaha:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

Brandon

• Hawk
  • Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 193
  • Member since May '02
  • I believe in Life before Death
    • View Profile
    • www.RiverCityRockCrawlers.com
« Reply #12 on: Feb 16, 2005, 11:54:57 AM »
you know what I love is those idiots in the little ricers that dont sound proof their hatches, or dont seure the box their subs are in, so they crank it and you can hear the hatch vibrating and the sub moving around in the trunk.   Freakin annoying.  If you're gonna do it, do it right.

it's always that license plate frame, man a piece of gum would fix it LOL

Brandon Miller
RCRC, Sacramento, CA
www.RiverCityRockCrawlers.com

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Feb 16, 2005, 12:01:15 PM »
:smack: how did i forget that :headshake:

-Ronald Reagan

Willy Mammoth

• Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Feb 16, 2005, 04:44:04 PM »
you know what I love is those idiots in the little ricers that dont sound proof their hatches, or dont seure the box their subs are in, so they crank it and you can hear the hatch vibrating and the sub moving around in the trunk. Freakin annoying. If you're gonna do it, do it right.

A neat trick I have learned. When I am at a light next to someone with their bass way up, I start revving my truck. I have flowmaster exhaust with a straight pipe, and my truck sounds freakin beautifl when it runs right, but it is loud when i rev it :yupyup: and their window are just about at exhaust level as well :rofl: they usually get pissed, and turn down their music to yell at me. :hahaha:

Yea, and guess who gets the ticket. It won't be the guy with the anoying booming car.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Feb 16, 2005, 04:47:58 PM »
Nah, I look around for cops, I'm not stupid enough to do that without checkin first.  havent got busted so far. If so, I just tell them that the truck dies when I stop, and I have to keep it revved for it to stay running.  I had a van that did it once. :hahaha: 

-Ronald Reagan

UNBREAKABLE

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Male Posts: 2,028
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a RockStar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Feb 19, 2005, 08:06:20 AM »
How much is that thing!
That's how I roll

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Feb 19, 2005, 08:55:27 AM »
OK, you convinced me, I think I will buy one for my 4 Runner :hammer:

Just Kidding. I use to do that, but that was a long time ago, and only in competitions.

I do want a good system in my 4 runner, but more because I play in a band, and love music
Hey I love music too, don't get me wrong. I love hard classic rock and I love it loud. :cheer: What comes out of those boomers isn't what I like, he11 it's not even music in my opinion (and you know what they say about opinions) so I don't want my space invaded by it. :slap:
Now blast some AC/DC "Whole Lotta Rosie'  Stevie Ray Vaughn "If This House is a'Rockin'"  Jackyl 'The Lumberjack' and you can play it as loud as you like! :rofl:

I like when we're driving the F350 Powerstroke and can pull the diesel up with the exhaust right at their windows!  :fart: :rofl2:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

- Sales Employee -

freds40

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 293
  • Male Posts: 2,331
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Feb 19, 2005, 08:59:16 AM »
Oh yeah. Giving the ricers a need to go to 4WPW.......... to pick up a set of overload springs to haul that pig.  :hammerhead: 
"between projects"

UNBREAKABLE

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Male Posts: 2,028
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a RockStar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Feb 19, 2005, 02:45:23 PM »
That is exactly right! I bet that mutha cost a fortune
That's how I roll