Author Topic: Buck versus lawn ornament  (Read 1316 times)

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
Buck versus lawn ornament
« on: Nov 11, 2011, 04:54:11 PM »
http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/outdoors/2010/nov/29/buck-loses-head-butt-battle-lawn-ornament/

WILDLIFE — Wisconsin whitetails apparently are willing to challenge any bull elk that come wandering into their turf during the rut.

In an early November battle, a whitetail buck fought to the death with a 640-pound concrete elk lawn ornament. Both critters suffered serious damage.

The La Crosse Tribune reported that Mark Brye looked out the window of his home in Viroqua , Wis., and saw the lawn ornament his kids had given him knocked over. Its concrete antlers were broken.

About 20 yards away, he found the carcass of a seven-point whitetail buck with a shattered skull.

The buck’s meat wasn’t wasted.  Under Wisconsin law, the Vernon County conservation officer was able to give Brye a special salvage deer tag.  The warden made a note on the tag: “lawn ornament fight & lost.”
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: Buck versus lawn ornament
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2011, 05:41:47 PM »
I've gotten my horns on plenty of times, even got in trouble on occasion...but, I've never been so horny that I beat my head on the wall.

(I know  :cheese: ...there is an obvious straight line for someone right there)
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)