Author Topic: A Shop Away From Home...?  (Read 1721 times)

CTENG in KS

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
A Shop Away From Home...?
« on: Feb 14, 2005, 11:20:36 AM »
OK, I  know others of you live in an apt. like me...I have been looking for some type of garage, commercial rental where I can work on my truck.  How do you go about finding something like this?  I live in CT and there doesn't seem to be much available in this area.  Any suggestions??   :dunno:
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: A Shop Away From Home...?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2005, 11:24:55 AM »
If you have any military association, a lot of bases have a hobby shop type place where you can pay a fee for a day or so, and they have lifts and air that you can use.  You gotta have your own tools, but it isnt too bad.  I dunno how the rental places are out there, but when my dad was stationed at Altus AFB in OK a lot of airmen would rent or go in together and rent a U STOR IT storage area.  THey would get one big enough to pull their car into, then close the door.  There is power in most places, so you have some power tool capability.  Other than that, I dunno :dunno:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
Re: A Shop Away From Home...?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2005, 03:46:27 PM »
In Chico,CA there is people that rent out their own shop. I dont know about CT though. Just go to places that look like they might be able to rent a spot out to you. Or also like blackdog said, you can get a storage place. Just make sure its big enough for your truck to fit in (tall wise). Donno if that helps
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!