Author Topic: marlin high steer  (Read 2902 times)

BOGAN

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 85
  • Male Posts: 25
  • Member since Feb '05
  • FIRE IS YOUR FRIEND
    • View Profile
marlin high steer
« on: Feb 10, 2005, 10:34:10 PM »
just got a ?????? for you guys

Do you know if the marlin high steer arms will fit on our hiluxs over here in  oz due to the fact that we are RHD (normal way) :greengrin: :greengrin: :greengrin:  i have the oz version of this and it is :pokinit: cast  not billet like you guys have and i keep snapping studs (have you guys ever snapped studs)

Any help will be great

Cheers Bogan
VOTE KRAWLA KUSTOMS  NO.1  FOR TUFF TRUCKS

Marketing

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -30
  • Male Posts: 1,639
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
Re: marlin high steer
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2005, 01:51:26 PM »
Sorry but ours will not work on right hand drive. We have seen studs fail so we are working on a 6 hole version of the arms and matching knuckles.

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2005, 03:46:28 PM »
One of the main reasons that studs break can be that theu come loose.  If you check them often, both the nuts and the studs themselves, then you should be pretty good.  If it still happens, maybe its the arms.

BOGAN [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '05
  • FIRE IS YOUR FRIEND
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2005, 05:04:09 PM »
 thanks guys for the info

But having to check the bolt everytime you drive it is  crap :bull crap: :bull crap: :bull crap: you never have to check the original setup......

i know that its the old you have modified the car so deal with it.... But when you drive 350klms home from wheelin on only 1 stud and the other 3 are snapped and your doing highway speeds its :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:  and thing is you dont even know it till 2 weeks later it makes you wonder what would of happened if the knuckle had come off.....

some people over here have said the machining where the cone washer is to deep and  the nut bottoms out on the washer which bottoms out on the top of the arm but the guy who makes them doesnt do anything bout it (SNAKE RACING)   

just trying to find a solution to the prob (will 6 studs fix it ) :confused: :confused: :confused:

so what stops your arms from fitting yes its left hand drive but why could you not just swap arms left to right and then run the steering as per normal???????????

Willy Mammoth

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2005, 05:24:44 PM »
Chris, You realy need to make these arms with two holes in both arms. I mean how hard would that be. I bet you would sell a bunch to the people that have right hand steer trucks and I bet they wouldn't care how much they cost. :twocents:
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

Marketing

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -30
  • Male Posts: 1,639
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2005, 05:34:54 PM »
If someone wants to buy 50 sets of arms I would do it. With the cost of shipping at about $200 for a pair of arms I don't think we could sell 50 sets one at a time.

If we do a one off set of arms they are going to cost $2,000 for one pair. If we do 50 pairs we can set the cost down to $200 per pair.

Willy Mammoth

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2005, 05:45:52 PM »
Send me the material and I will do a one off for free. I can't beleive it would be that much more work to do two holes is both arms when you do two holes in one already. Just add $25 bucks for the high steer kits and do all of them the same. You would make up the differance over the lot. Then just charge what it cost for shipping to where ever it goes. Remmember the customer is always right and sell them what they want. Hey I know this is none of my business, but I don't want you to overlook the possibility of bettering your sales.  :twocents:
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

BOGAN [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '05
  • FIRE IS YOUR FRIEND
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »
 I know that i would buy some and two other mates over here would prob grab them too do you know how much they would cost to get them here including (exchange rate,, shipping) and how long to get them here ;) ;) ;) ;)

i still cant understand how they wont fit as they are sure the arms may point the wrong way but whats wrong with that and the rod end may wind out a bit further but couldnt see a drama there :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2005, 08:02:32 PM »
A lot of people don't want the extra hole on the one side.  It's just more money and can hit things.  The high steer arms have a taper on the ends.  Nuckles sit at angles so the arms have a taper to make it so the tie rod sits straight.  See the taper in the picture.  If you switch the arms the taper will be sloping the wrong direction.  Plus the holes are centered in the middle of the arm.  You switch them and they will be off, which means you need a shorter or longer tie rods(which ever it is).

BOGAN [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '05
  • FIRE IS YOUR FRIEND
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 2005, 08:21:28 PM »
yeah now i see the ones over here dont have the slope in them so thats not an issuse but if someone over there was to make them to suit right hand drive but in the same quailty it woulb be good and a lot of people would buy them from over here cause everyone is gettin the sh1ts with snake racing crap being wrong and not made properly

if they were made i would be the first person to buy.....................