Author Topic: To BE HD Drive line or NOT to be HD Drive line??  (Read 2592 times)

tyesman

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 40
  • Member since Mar '11
    • View Profile
To BE HD Drive line or NOT to be HD Drive line??
« on: Sep 26, 2011, 09:28:13 PM »
Ok guys as the title says.... I dont do a lot of crawling over rocks or anything that extreme but i believe in quality parts... Trying to save a little as everyone is... I have a brand new built rig with marlin chromoly 4.70 with TG dual adapter on 23 spline twin sticked, Dirty 30s, new Aussie locker up front w/ new master install kit and new 5.29 r&p, new grizzly locker w/ new master install kit and new 5.29 w/ r&p..all this and havent made it 2 feet out of garage because of this decision...should i get a HD or run stock drive line? I know lots of parts made by toyota are pretty damn strong.. Didnt know if i should over look this. Shorten my DL will cost me $75 including balance. As HD looking at $300-$500...what are your thoughts? Rig is built for my hunting, fishing, and 4x4...

Nimyad

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Sep '10
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
I'll assume you're talking about your rear driveline, in which the case is that that driveline is .075 or .08 wall DOM. I trashed mine easily and in my opinion it's cheap insurance to just upgrade it to some .120 DOM. I bought the tubing took it to a driveline shop along with my original driveline and including tubing it was less than $150 balanced.

Dingman.

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1125
  • Male Posts: 3,448
  • Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
:Stock is .065 wall.   Mine is .095 wall now.  
My stock driveline i kissed a rock with it and twisted it half.  Havent had a problem in a long time since i retubed it at work.

Is the $300-500 for a retube and balance only?  

tyesman [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '11
    • View Profile
Well the cost would include new joints and yokes... Just wanted to make sure my setup can support it as well....

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Ok guys as the title says.... I dont do a lot of crawling over rocks or anything that extreme but i believe in quality parts... Trying to save a little as everyone is... I have a brand new built rig with marlin chromoly 4.70 with TG dual adapter on 23 spline twin sticked, Dirty 30s,new Aussie locker up front w/ new master install kit and new 5.29 r&p, new grizzly locker w/ new master install kit and new 5.29 w/ r&p..all this and havent made it 2 feet out of garage because of this decision...should i get a HD or run stock drive line? I know lots of parts made by toyota are pretty damn strong.. Didnt know if i should over look this. Shorten my DL will cost me $75 including balance. As HD looking at $300-$500...what are your thoughts? Rig is built for my hunting, fishing, and 4x4...
I think you should read this thread :eek: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=36377.0
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

tyesman [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '11
    • View Profile
I think you should read this thread :eek: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=36377.0

You totally mis understood my post dude...

Dr Phat

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 305
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
He has a rear case with 4.7's and a TG adapater. I got it.

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile

What does that have to do with anything at all ?
Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !

RainierToy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 49
  • Member since Aug '11
    • View Profile
you can get your drive line re tubed for way cheaper then 300 to 500 bucks if your yokes and stuff are still in usable condition. i just got mine  redone with .120 and it was $150
Party

Japjeep

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Male Posts: 119
  • Member since Oct '10
    • View Profile
i did mine for $100 plus a supplied cv