Author Topic: 2RZ in an '82  (Read 29859 times)

R.DesJardin

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 680
  • Male Posts: 489
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
    • RADesigns Products LLC
Re: 2RZ in an '82
« Reply #90 on: Jan 28, 2017, 06:25:56 PM »
Nothing new, I just wheel it and it all goes well. Still think I need the turbo like the T-Slayer did, but for now I'm good. I've had this truck like 8-9yrs now, I forget. I bought a adapter to put a chain drive case behind my doubler, hope to get that done later this year before the snow flies, and someday I need to install the Marlin front axle shafts I suppose.
R.DesJardin
"If I didn't live in the middle of nowhere!"

2RZ-A340F-Duals-locked FR/RR-IROK's

ChadStich

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1021
  • Male Posts: 118
  • Member since Jul '15
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Jan 28, 2017, 10:10:28 PM »
Nothing new, I just wheel it and it all goes well. Still think I need the turbo like the T-Slayer did, but for now I'm good. I've had this truck like 8-9yrs now, I forget. I bought a adapter to put a chain drive case behind my doubler, hope to get that done later this year before the snow flies, and someday I need to install the Marlin front axle shafts I suppose.

Whats the reason for putting the chain drive case behind the doubler? Little lower low range? What front shafts are you running now?
Cool build. Been thinking about putting an auto behind my rz since I have it. Just dont want to buy the  adapter for my gear drive cases.
94 2wd extra cab sas, 3rz, 4.30 e-lockers f/r, dual stock cases with marlin adapter, longs, 35s, RUF, Chevy 63's

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=99269.0

R.DesJardin [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
    • RADesigns Products LLC
« Reply #92 on: Jan 29, 2017, 05:15:47 AM »
T-case: Two reasons, better ratio, shift on the fly.
Shafts:Stock
There a few of us who have stepped up to the auto, besides most of the non-Toyota guys I meet run autos.
R.DesJardin

Mudder

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 3487
  • Member since May '15
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Jan 29, 2017, 10:07:07 AM »

What Adapter are you planning on using for the chain driven case to the crawl box? And with a chain driven are you going to be running triple sticks? I'm only asking because I can get a chain driven case for cheap and have been trying to figure out what adapter I need to compare it with going with 4.7 gears.

R.DesJardin [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
    • RADesigns Products LLC
« Reply #94 on: Jan 29, 2017, 11:31:14 AM »
What Adapter are you planning on using for the chain driven case to the crawl box? And with a chain driven are you going to be running triple sticks? I'm only asking because I can get a chain driven case for cheap and have been trying to figure out what adapter I need to compare it with going with 4.7 gears.

Marlin adapter. Yes still triples, crap not I'll have to but a new mount for my cable brackets.
R.DesJardin

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #95 on: Sep 05, 2017, 03:13:59 PM »
DAMN! love the 1st man
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13