Author Topic: FLOOR MODS when installing mc07-R10 in first gen 4runner LOOKING FOR PICTURES  (Read 2132 times)

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
what the title says, looking to see what you had to do to fit your r10 in your first gen 4runner
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

tyesman

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 40
  • Member since Mar '11
    • View Profile
Nice u asked im getting to cut in a few days and my setup is almost done. I'll like to see too..

TacoRunner

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 19177
  • Male Posts: 2,324
  • Member since Feb '04
  • The 1st 3RZ swap 99'-01'
    • View Profile
    • 4wheelunderground
Do you mean sectioning the tranny tunnel. Because just installing a rotated adapter on anything pre tacoma doesn't require mods to the floor.
www.4WHEELUNDERGROUND.com
info@4wheelunderground.com
AKA The GODFATHER The 3RZ Original

Performance Tuned shocks for Leaf Sprung Vehicles   http://www.4wheelunderground.com/Tuning.html

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
really, so just cut the hole and run it? someone was telling me that with the r10 the transfer case portion that actually powers the front axle would need some attention. but if all I gotta do is bolt in the duals, and maybe build me a crossmember... Im totally doing it!!!
all I need is some flanges for my tcase and diff to run the fj80 rear driveshaft!!
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

TacoRunner

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Feb '04
    • View Profile
    • 4wheelunderground
No thats not true. Tacomas yes Mini Truck no. I've got one and I've never cut my floor.

Performance Tuned shocks for Leaf Sprung Vehicles   http://www.4wheelunderground.com/Tuning.html

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
sweet deal man, might just end up with duals then I wouldnt go duals without the R10 though cuz Im  always hanging up on the factory junk so I would always be undecided about what to run... lol

TacoRunner

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Feb '04
    • View Profile
    • 4wheelunderground
Just a simple BudBuilt skid would gain you about 2"s of ground clearance. Thats with the rotated adapter.

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
  Im actually planning on building my own mount thats a low profile type mount, Ive seen one on a 2wd, basically its a tube frame... will run two junk mounts to the tubes then bushings on the frame side, might just make two of them, one for rotated... one for not... and have them both bolt in