Author Topic: Fuel issue  (Read 7399 times)

Wopstar

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 19
  • Member since Jul '10
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel issue
« Reply #30 on: Mar 04, 2011, 08:30:23 AM »
I believe it is one vacuum line directly from the manifold and another that runs through that adjustable diaphragm.  You will need to grab one of the adjustable diaphragm's from an EFI truck but it should work on a 22R!  Let me know if it does!

yota8 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -9
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Mar 04, 2011, 01:53:32 PM »
I believe that is an idle up valve for the power steering.  As the RPM's get low it has a vacuum switch on the p/s pump that allows a little more pressure to the lines so it is easier the turn the steering wheel.

Easier to turn the wheel, and probably idles it up so it doesn't draw to much power and bogg down your motor

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -52
  • Male Posts: 2,300
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
    • Right Now Racing and Fabrication
« Reply #32 on: Mar 04, 2011, 01:57:14 PM »
I believe that is an idle up valve for the power steering.  As the RPM's get low it has a vacuum switch on the p/s pump that allows a little more pressure to the lines so it is easier the turn the steering wheel.
the idle up valve for pwr stering is on the p/s pump its self that valve shown in picture is something completly different
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Mar 04, 2011, 01:59:43 PM »
Easier to turn the wheel, and probably idles it up so it doesn't draw to much power and bogg down your motor
thats exactly what the one on ur p/s pump with 2 vac lines running from it  is designed to do it keeps you motor from stalling out when your at full steer at idle
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours

yota8 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Mar 05, 2011, 12:58:54 AM »
Alright im sorry yotaneck but I have to get my truck running soon and I went out and bought a TPS today brand new, (I still need that Idlecontrol still) Anyways, I just totally went against all that I said in my prior 8 posts or so, when Im not a parts changer, Lets see what I have thrown at this mother fudger since I just recently purchased it...  Fuelpump brand new, fuel filter both the v6 because i have the one on my frame and the one on the side of my block, both the v6 fuel filter, and the 4cyl filter, I have repaced the starter, the battery the MAFS, and also now recently the TPS, I am now throwing a code 7, so I either did not set my TPS correctly, or my computer is fried... I replaced the damn TPS and its still doing the same Fudging thing where it starts and idles fine for 15 seconds and dies, Im re-doing all my vacumm lines tommorow, and adjusting my TPS again

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #35 on: Mar 05, 2011, 01:35:22 AM »
It's an idle up for the AC.

There's an electric solenoid on top of the valve cover with vacuum lines that goes to it and triggers it.

You the screw on top to adjust the idle up speed.
Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

yota8 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Mar 05, 2011, 09:09:35 PM »
ALRIGHT! So I tested to see if i was getting power at the pump and there is ABSOLUTLY no power, I swaped out my EFI relay just to giggles since I had one laying around... Still no power, ANY INPUT?

yota8 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Mar 05, 2011, 09:26:56 PM »
The Circuit Opening relay

Is that fairly loud when you turn your keys on and off and listen for it?

GreenYoterKrawler

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 225
  • Member since Sep '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Mar 06, 2011, 06:00:43 AM »
the idle up valve for pwr stering is on the p/s pump its self that valve shown in picture is something completly different
thats exactly what the one on ur p/s pump with 2 vac lines running from it  is designed to do it keeps you motor from stalling out when your at full steer at idle
Yes but im sure the PS pump air valve and idle up valve on the manifold work in conjuction with eachother. im wondering how exactly the idle gets kicked up when the vacuum is changed. when at full crank the PS pump must change manifold vacuum pressure, but what in turn raises the idle? does the ecu sense this and adjust, or is it fully mechanical? thats what us 22r guys need to know
I blame the automatic transmission for the wussification of America
If Its got tits tires or electronics, your gonna have problems
I drive a jeep cuz toyota doesn't make strollers

yota8 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Mar 06, 2011, 11:11:11 AM »
Yahtzee! It was the opening circut relay, I pulled it out this morning, full of water, so i jumped the conections on that and jumped the T connection under the hood and the fuel pump turns on, now its shits and gits  :thumbs:

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Mar 06, 2011, 12:06:49 PM »
:thumbs: glad you got it fixed

Yes but im sure the PS pump air valve and idle up valve on the manifold work in conjuction with eachother. im wondering how exactly the idle gets kicked up when the vacuum is changed. when at full crank the PS pump must change manifold vacuum pressure, but what in turn raises the idle? does the ecu sense this and adjust, or is it fully mechanical? thats what us 22r guys need to know
my 1990 has the idle up om the pwr steering but not the idle up for the ac it is not needed to run the idle up fot the pwr steering even on a 22r just tie them 2 vac lines into your exhisting systm and it should work that changes the way the vac in your engine flows in turn causing it to idle up completly mechanical thus anywhere you hook it up it should work

yota8 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Mar 06, 2011, 12:47:27 PM »
Oh man tell me about it, im glad too, after being broke and wasting each paycheck just to dump it into my runner... Its all worth it now, and there will be countless amount of money that im still gonna put into it, but atleast I will beable to start pocketing it again. THANK YOU EVERYONE :thumbs:

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Mar 06, 2011, 01:15:27 PM »
lol i kno the feeling

GreenYoterKrawler

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 225
  • Member since Sep '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Mar 06, 2011, 11:37:29 PM »
Good good glad to hear you got it fixed, you finally found the little gremlin. 

And yota neck good info just one more question, theres two vac lines for the pump air valve, are they both negative pressure, or is just one negative?  If you take a peek at urs tell me where they connect it may help me to know where i should hook mine up. thanks dude  :biggthumpup:
I blame the automatic transmission for the wussification of America
If Its got tits tires or electronics, your gonna have problems
I drive a jeep cuz toyota doesn't make strollers