Author Topic: The bdrunner is getting a temporary promotion  (Read 2006 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,056
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
The bdrunner is getting a temporary promotion
« on: Jan 21, 2011, 08:59:14 PM »
I've been working out the details for my Moab 2011 trip for the end of March and needed to find just the right person to ride shotgun on the 1,100 mile journey.  I thought a plan had formed and then things changed, but it appears that now I have not only someone to travel with, but the plan is to put the bdrunner on a trailer behind his 3/4 ton Dodge diesel.

It's going to be a little sad going to Moab with a Trailer Queen.  Between my 85 Truck and now the 89 4Runner I've made at least 5 trips from Washington State to Moab and always drove the rig both ways.  It'll certainly be a more comfortable ride.

This will likely be the last trip for several years as the family will be growing around mid June and it's too long of a trip to take a little one.

:driving:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
Re: The bdrunner is getting a temporary promotion
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2011, 09:07:23 PM »
Sweet pick me up on the way down!
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2011, 02:04:46 AM »
This will likely be the last trip for several years as the family will be growing around mid June and it's too long of a trip to take a little one.

:driving:

Oh come awn, I took Rocks For Brains on his 1st offroad trip at 2 mos., he was driving at 3 years by himself on easy trails, has driven my brothers Mog since 8, he did his teething with rocks on the side of the trail... he turns 17 today. I hope the trip is a good one since it will be your last for a while.

The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2011, 09:41:11 AM »
Oh come awn, I took Rocks For Brains on his 1st offroad trip at 2 mos., he was driving at 3 years by himself on easy trails, has driven my brothers Mog since 8, he did his teething with rocks on the side of the trail... he turns 17 today.

Wow, sounds a bit like the old "Davy Crockett" song..."Kilt him a bar when he was only three".
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2011, 03:41:02 PM »
I actually started wheeling before I was born and again hit the trails soon after I was born.  The issue with the Moab trip is that it's 1,100 miles each way on the road and it's only worth making the trip if I can get 4 or 5 full days on the trail.  I have no problem taking a little one on the trails, just not too sure about a week long trip.

My wife really wants to drive Hell's Revenge so we may look for some grandparent babysitting services for a trim in a couple of years.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile