So here's my build up so far. I've been on these forums for almost 3 years and got lots of info from you guys and insperation to keep going when my truck was broke and wanted to shoot it. My truck is my Daily driver (only vehicle I own) and the truck i take wheeling and camping, so i need to be able to drive it up to the trails, wheel and make it back becuse i need to get to work the next day. My truck isnt as built as a lot of the trucks on here but more built than most trucks that get driven every day. My goals for the truck are to keep it fairly low, with as much ground clearance as i can get without chopping it up, keep it reliable and make it unbreakable (for my purposes). And keep from breaking the bank with the build, basically so i can stay married.
List of things to do to the truck in order of importance.
- Get the thing reliable and comfortable to drive everyday.
- Armor the thing up since its on stock suspension and i'll beat the crap out of it 4wheeling if i dont.
- Repair rust problems and try to get the interior less craptacular.
- Increase ground clearance, crossmember, bigger tires and maybe a lift.
- Regear for tires and add lockers. Try to upgrade axles at same time so i dont blow up birfields if money and wife allow.
- Whatever other mods come up or are necessary.
Pics of when i first got it, 100% stock but in rough shape. The guy i got it from was going to try to restore it but didnt have the times or means so it sat for almost 11 years only being driven once in a while. Springs in seats are busted so your sitting against the back of the cab, dash is cracked really bad, and the bed is rusted really bad. Good points- the motor only has 10k on it since the last rebuild (9 years ago), and the cab appears rust free, and the truck hasnt been hacked up by previous owners.