Author Topic: found stolen 4 runner red straight axle converted  (Read 14434 times)

Coastie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 296
  • Member since Jun '10
    • View Profile
Re: stolen 4 runner red straight axle converted
« Reply #30 on: Dec 12, 2010, 07:56:44 PM »
any luck?????

prerunnerrunner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 105
  • Member since Dec '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Dec 13, 2010, 06:51:14 PM »
You got my eyes up in the High Desert. Do you have the license plate # for us?
87 RUNNER, SAS, 4.7's, RUF'S, 63'S, 35'' MTR'S, TRAIL READY BEADLOCKS, 4 WHITE ROCKETS, REAR MOUNTED OPTIMA, HP FRONT DIFF, WELDED FRONT AND DETROIT REAR, AND CUSTOM HIEMED STEERING. SOON TO HAVE 30 SPLINE LONGS, AND CROMO HUB GEARS.

brokedad [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Member since Nov '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Dec 13, 2010, 07:45:19 PM »
found a 88 toyota 4x4 not much left front ifs stuff and rear springs.got vin to report to police.hope it helps someone out. it is located off lost road in lake elsinore ca

brokedad [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Dec 15, 2010, 02:24:07 PM »
UPDATE THE 4 RUNNER WAS SEEN IN QUAIL VALLEY ON 12-15-10 AT 1130AM BY MY WIFE BUT BY THE TIME SHE GOT TURNED AROUND IT WAS GONE.IT HAS NO DOORS AND TOP IS OFF THEY PAINTED BLACK CAMO ON IT TO COVER RED PAINT

superyota

• Prestige Worldwide
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 71
  • Male Posts: 3,362
  • Member since Oct '05
  • what happened?
    • View Profile
    • Placer County Crawlers
« Reply #34 on: Dec 15, 2010, 03:40:19 PM »
 :yikes:
this guy has some nerve.  i wonder now if he has swapped plates on it and thats why he's able to take it out not get pulled over.  just time, sweet time.... :punish: :jail:
ABD Motorsports

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Placer County Crawlers - President 2011-2016
www.placercountycrawlers.com

Rubicon Trail Foundation - Property Committee member
Friends of Fordyce - Board Member
KK6QDW

brokedad [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Dec 15, 2010, 07:35:03 PM »
my wife said it had no plate on it and a home depot type tarp over the rear seat.mirror was screwed on the front fender.it has no license plates on it and they spray painted black spots like camo.i went over there after work around 530 no signs.there is a guy i met overthere lives behind fire station dont know his name but he works for one of the toyota rock crawler builders i think it was yota tech or something like that if he sees it or someone knows him ask him to look out for it.it was only a couple hundred yards away when my wife seen it go buy.cops are driving thru but wont sit and wait i do understand

locked 4x4

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 466
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Dec 15, 2010, 10:21:36 PM »
This would drive me nuts.  I had my truck stolen right before Christmas last year.  I can imagine hearing about how some tweaker is ripping apart your rig just killing you inside.  I hope ur runner is found and that guy gets what is coming to him. 

yoshaleng

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 134
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Dec 16, 2010, 02:09:06 AM »
Some nerve this stupid punk has.....I hope u have a mean dog and when u catch him off guard, unleash your dogs fury upon that punk ass. Good luck to you and I hope you get it back before X-mas

84socal

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 888
  • Member since Aug '07
  • freind of johnson valley
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Dec 16, 2010, 07:52:23 AM »
im heading over to his shop  in a few minutes   to pick up a couple things  for my rig         and that would be jay   from yotamasters

if u want to call him the number to the shop is here
http://www.yotamasters.com/
Lets shoot fireballs at it !!

OH man, we're  gonna get so  busted!!!

brokedad [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Dec 17, 2010, 07:44:20 PM »
well it was found in perris on dec8th i got a letter from a lien company on behalf of town and country towing.i never recieved a call,letter or knock on my door from the police within 72hrs.as required by law.no im on the hook for 300.00 towing and 45.00 per day storage plus 70.00 lien fee thats just what i need.it appears to all be there except the wheels and top are gone.no idea if it runs or axles lockers etc are broken.i have to pay for it to find out.love our laws.kick you while your down.

brokedad [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Dec 17, 2010, 07:46:05 PM »
does anyone know who can help with talking the towing company down in price?or how?

superyota

• Prestige Worldwide
  • Turtle Points: 71
  • Male Posts: 3,362
  • Member since Oct '05
  • what happened?
    • View Profile
    • Placer County Crawlers
call your insurance.  even though you might not have full coverage, some pay tow yard fees.  glad to hear you got it back.  hopefull the damage is minimal.  keep posted.
ABD Motorsports

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Placer County Crawlers - President 2011-2016
www.placercountycrawlers.com

Rubicon Trail Foundation - Property Committee member
Friends of Fordyce - Board Member
KK6QDW

Sparkplug

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -130
  • Male Posts: 2,046
  • Member since Jan '08
  • Doin it Standing Up
    • View Profile
O man, tow companies are one of the most profitable businesses. They will RAPE you, I feel for ya man, been there before when a bud got my truck impounded, 400 bucks later to get my truck back. At least its safe and sound now.
2008 TRD 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma
1994 12 valve 5 speed 4x4 single cab dodge 2500
1986 22re 5speed 3link 4runner (the beater)
1982 3rz swapped pickup (in progress)

brokedad [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '10
    • View Profile
i will keep you posted going sat to try and talk them down friend of mine owns a tow yard he said argue with him that i didnt get the 72hr notice and they might reduce it some.hopefully the motor and stuff are good it all looked there but tires.makes me think it brokedown.or maybe they just wanted to dump it the top is painted red not the original rough finish smooth.

yoshaleng

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 134
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
Atleast now you know where it is.

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Make them show you proof of receipt of the notice, like some sort of legit proof that you were properly notified within 72 hours.  If they can't provide that, it sounds like you owe for $300 towing and 3 days of storage fees.  The $70 lein is on them if it was their mistake, can't charge you for that.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

brokedad [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '10
    • View Profile
they reduced the bill for 2 days but charged me after hrs gate fee total was 700.00 got it home motor fired up front axle is good rear pinion broken detroit lock ok missing wheels, top/back seat dash tore up full of mud tow driver stated they did arrest someone i wont find out until monday.then im pressing charges bury the jerk.i guess there were several stolen vehicles on the property.i went there and found some stuff that was on the ground.if anyone has old parts around let me know what you have and price.wheels top 3rd member rear seats

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Definately press charges.  It's going to take quite a bit to get it back into the shape it once was.  Hopefully the owners of the other stolen vehicles will press charges too.  What a jerk bag!

Sounds like its time to rig up a kill switch an possibly some other anti-theft tactics.  I got a few of my own for my truck, but i'm not sharing.....
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"

RABIDYOTA

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -107
  • Male Posts: 336
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
not to bash any one but i do drive tow and you can thank those worthless people who drive with out ins. for the high prices of towing  not to mention motor clubs   who provide u a service and under pay the provider, so it falls on to those who don't have coverage to make up the diffrence  and most repitubal tow companies will try to help you out as long as you keep cool and explaine what happened , not to say you arnt going to pay  just hopfuly not as mutch,  good luck glad you did get it back

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
This makes me want to own a tow yard that specializes in stolen vehicle recovery tows.  Not to make a ton of money, but to be able to help people who's vehicle has been stolen rather than rape them.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
In general it is not as profitable as you may think, those trucks are very expensive, the insurance is unbelievable since they can be responsible for a VW bug to a Mercedes, lot costs, fuel, security, etc, etc. Even if they tow for the police most are on a rotation basis and is the main reason you pay big money in CA. The few exceptions like LA, tow only for the police and solely for a specific area. LA has one of the lowest rates in the state due to this and the towing is controlled by the city. LA City tows can't even charge a gate fee, that being said you won't get it back after hours either. As to notification it was the police depts. responsibility to send that notification, not the tow yards. We do them here since we are connected with the police dept. The lien notification must be processed and sent to all interested parties between 7 to 10 days from date of impound, not 72hrs. What they can't do is charge you for starting the lien if you pick up your vehicle within 72hrs of it being impounded, once 72hrs has passed they can start the lien an apply it to the bill. If they don't start the lien within the prescribed time they can no longer charge you for storage of the vehicle until they do. Most lien companies only visit the yard once a week processing the vehicles that came in to that point, we do ours daily since we send the 48hr notifications for the police dept.

Now that is what the law states but good luck on enforcing that, most would tell you to either pay it or go away, beyond that it is a civil matter. Again if you'd have been towed by LA City all the guidelines are followed to the letter since it is all governed by the city, outside of that the sky's the limit.

And FYI this is a very good reason to make sure you have your current address with the DMV, we get all of our owner info from them so if you didn't do a change of address you won't get notification that we have your car, that means it will get sold at auction without you ever even knowing it happened.
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2010, 06:19:55 AM by Rocksurfer »
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

locked 4x4

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 466
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
I still feel like tow companies kick you when your down.  Don't get me wrong.  I wouldn't mind paying a reasonable amount for a tow.  Say $200 for a guy to take an hour of his time to drive a tow truck over load up the truck and bring it back to the yard.  That sounds reasonable.  But the idea that someone steels something from you, beats the crap out of it, and then you have to pay $700 to get it back again to fix.  That is just tough to swallow.  I had my truck stolen just about a year ago.  Same thing the guy was caught and put in jail.  I pressed charges and I just got my first check for reparations.  It was something like $7.50.  At this rate its going to take a while to pay back the tow fees and damages, but its still better than nothing.  Good luck, I hope you take that guy to the cleaners.         

dutch2316

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Female Posts: 20
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
i dont see why ud have to pay :pokinit: if it were stolen from u that sucks

jrock

• Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 3,395
  • Member since Oct '06
  • Oodelally
    • View Profile
I think it sucks but that's how it goes. Your paying for a service. My truck was stolen, it was recovered and towed. I picked it up not even 24 hours after getting locked up and I still payed almost $300. It sucks balls but that's what you have to expect.

Brokedad, I'm glad you got your vehicle back  :beerchug: