Author Topic: 87 runner rear replacement/larger flares? also sunroof drain repair @ pinch weld  (Read 2189 times)

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
OK, so I dont want to replace full 1/4s, too much money, too much work, and just not needed for my application or at least I don't think so. Maybe too much shipping on that too. What I would like is factory looking flares, made out of glass. I want them to be SLIGHTLY longer then the originals.

I plan on f150s for the rear or something like that and possibly moving the rear axle back  an inch or two (might be cheap and use blocks that move the axle back an inch or two at the same time.

I DO NOT want them to hit the fuel tank door or make me have to cut into the  interior of the truck.

basically, rust repair and just a little bigger to stuff bigger tires.....

IF YOU KNOW OF STOCK GLASS RUST REPAIR, send me that direction too, I could ad the 3/4 inch of height and 2" or so of length. i would hope that would be pretty strait  forward?

Also, anyone know anything about fixing a little rust right above the pinchweld at front of the cab body mount, looks like just damage from the sunroof drains? (which toyota shoulda used a vinyl tube all the way out of the body for)

post up and let me know what you think
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
post a pic of what ya got

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
I will work on that for yah
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

slacker

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 796
  • Member since May '07
  • Master Mould Maker
    • View Profile
some "spy pics " from http://toyotafiberglass.com and there is already a waiting list ............. 

TREKKER PARTS
86  "shop truck"  lots of fiber parts . 
84 2WD wide body "hotrod"  1GZ
83 3.4L S/C Trekker SR5
82 Mirage  #001
83 Mojave #465
86 3.4L twin turbo Mojave tribute

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
I was kinda wanting to avoid the complete bedside  swap, I dont want them to stick out farther then the original, when I say wider I mean a wider HOLE, basically same width of truck but designed like it was meant to run 38s from the factory

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
check out "mayberrys" build

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
will do, sorry i havent got pictures, little brother is in town for another few hours, but been here all day yesterday and most of the day before