We currently are not offering Customer Support on our Forum.
Please use our Store website for: Customer Contact.

Author Topic: Marlin does it again! See what's up with FGR and the Aspen Motorsports Park!  (Read 5870 times)

FireGuysRacing

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 271
  • Member since Nov '07
    • View Profile
    • Fire Guys Racing
I just thought I would show how talented Marlin is and how far his knowledge about everything Toyota goes!  He is now building the transmissions for the Spec Toyota's at the Aspen Motorsports Park!  Nothing scares Marlin!!!!!  Here are some pictures of what he has been up to for us!  These are pictures of the first one we put into one of the cars out here.  It's awsome to see the Marlin Crawler emblem on another go fast vehicle!  Way to go Marlin!

Jason

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1051
  • Male Posts: 9,755
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Aaaahhhh, I see what you're doing here.  I see the hidden request, and yes, I am available to flog one of these unmerciful for you  :disturbed:

Very neat!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
:haha:   for some reason I thought Marlin had run out on the track :rofl2:

sorry Marlin  :smooch:

:disturbed:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
are those corolla trannies??
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Good eye Glen.  I looked up toyota spec cars and they gave a rundown of what is in them - corolla engines and transmissions with 163hp.
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
163hp in a 500 pound car :burnout:   :driving:

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Yeah, and being a toyota, they should be pretty dependable for a race car.

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

FireGuysRacing [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '07
    • View Profile
    • Fire Guys Racing
You are correct.... They are the Toyota 1zz 1.8 ltr 4 cylinder engines.  These cars are the exact same chassis as the Ford Spec racers and the Renault Spec racers.  These have been sent out to Midwest Spec Racer in Kansas and swapped over to the Toyota engines and transaxles.  They are really fun to drive on the 1.1 mile road course the members have up here in Aspen!  They are fast enough to beat all of the production cars that have come out to the track and run.  It is a tight track which doesn't cater to a heavier car.  We have had Porsche's, Ford GT's, Audi R8's, Ferrari's, you name it!

Jason

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Sounds about par for the course.  Big engine/big car usually needs a little more room to stretch it's legs.  Little car can often carry more corner speed, working better on a tighter course.  I'd love to flog something like that around thunderhill raceway  :gap:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

FireGuysRacing [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '07
    • View Profile
    • Fire Guys Racing
163hp in a 500 pound car :burnout:   :driving:

1500lb car.... Still good power to weight ratio though!

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
And the way they are built, they look pretty well balanced.  I'd like to see that thing up against BigMike's MR2

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Right now, it'd be a pretty unfair fight  :haha:
RIP KYOTA

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Yeah, he needs a 4AGZE again.

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,289
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Actually, I've had my MR2 back on the road since Memorial Weekend and it's got a GZE back in it :thumbs: It's a US-spec 4A-GZE that is 100% stock (gonna keep it stock until next spring ;)) My car is 2400 lbs (I added A/C and replaced all of the interior which brought the weight back up) and with the stock 145HP/140TQ 1.6-liter engine I am getting 35 MPG on my Fresno-to-San Jose weekend commute :D :D :D REALLY GREAT to have power on tap and still make 35 MPG. This includes going up Pacheco Pass (HWY152) in 5th gear at 80 MPH at only 1 PSI boost :thumbs:

I've got a build-up thread on a different forum.... It wouldn't be hard at all to mirror it here, I just haven't done it yet....

Seriously though, there is NO WAY my car could compete with the FireGuys cars, even if I had 300 HP I bet.

What they need to get on their track is an Ariel Atom (street legal production car) with the 400 HP Supercharged VTEC engine. The Atom is nearly 400 pounds lighter and makes over double the power. COME AWN NOW :_order:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Glad you got that stupid charger back in it Mike.  A guy I worked with had a original 4AGZE with a built up bottom end, smaller pulley, bigger injectors and a direct port nitrous setup and man that thing was fast!  His biggest problem is that he kept grenading 3rd gear in his tranny when drag racing.  He eventually had his trans gears cryo'ed and they would last a couple more races.