Author Topic: 4X4HIM.ORG 2010 Panamint Jamboree. 5 reasons YOU should go!!!!!  (Read 3518 times)

GreyZuk

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile

1. Koinonia-  "They were devoting themselves to... fellowship."
     The number ONE reason I participate in our club,4x4HIM, has nothing to do with 4 wheels, loud engines, and "rock rash" though I love every one of those things.
I've participated in dozens of 4x4 club runs with wheelers who did nothing but drive recklessly and get drunk. I finally got to a point where I loved wheeling, but wanted to do it in an environment that was FAMILY FRIENDLY. 
The 2010 Panamint Valley Jamboree is the perfect opportunity for you to bring your family out and participate in a sport that brings your family closer together, brings you closer to all those crazy people you only ever talk to on the interweb thingy, and provides non stop excitement in a settings that is kid safe.

2. FOOD!
      When was the last time you had an honest to goodness smore? When was the last time you and your kids had hotdogs cooked over your own campfire. Listen folks I love going to Edo-Ya for some teppanyaki and sushi as much as anyone, but there is nothing, I mean NOTHING like the taste of steaks cooked over open flame after 6 hours of hard wheeling through some of the most amazing scenery that Death Valley has to offer. Or how about chowing down on some of the best home made tacos west of the Mississippi. (Yeah, the same great group that made em at KOH!!!!!)

3. Trails for EVERYONE
      Some of you might be nervous about coming to the Jamboree because you see pictures posted on here of guys rolling their rigs, or maybe you look at these crazy tubbed out buggies and say to yourself, "gosh I'd love to go, but I'm sort of new to this and don't want to mess up my daily driver."   One of the great things about our Jamborees is that we plan wheeling day runs for every skill and comfort level. If you have a custom chassis, LS6, rockwell axle rig on 42" Irocks, we have a run for you. If you are looking for a scenic run that wont make your kids upchuck cracker jacks all over the back of your King Ranch leather bucket seats in your F250, we have a run for you! Night runs? Yup we do those! Whatever level you're at, I guarantee, you will have a blast! Maybe you can even teach this guy how to wheel!

4. The Raffle
   Tube bumpers, winches, tow straps, tires, t-shirts, tire plug kits, hi-lift jacks, stickers!, candy (for the kids), bath and body works packages (for the wife),..... These are just a sampling of some of the fantastic gifts that have been raffled away at Jamborees in recent years graciously provided by some of the BIGGEST names in off roading (Marlin, 4WheelParts, TrailGear, Bengels Offroad, Hanson Offroad and many more.
Every single registered participant will receive raffle tickets, and extras are available for purchase with proceeds going towards supporting 4x4HIM's outreach efforts!

5. Live Music!
       Live music, the beauty of the high desert! Does it get any better than this? I don't think so. On Saturday night after dinner, there will be an unbelievable opportunity for us to come together and spend a little time giving praise to the HIM in 4x4HIM. This is an optional time. If it's not your thing, thats A-OK! No pressure! We would still love to have you there just to hang out and wheel with!

So there it is folks. I know you're worried about the economy and trying to figure out how to give your family the best summer vacation imaginable without breaking the bank. I guarantee you will not find any family vacation that will pack so many lasting memories and excitement into such a short weekend. Make your plans now, tell your boss not to call, throw the cell phone out the window and come on out and lets make this years Panamint Valley Jamboree an event that will be talked about for years to come.

See ya there!

Josh "C"

For more information, check out
http://www.4x4him.org/4x4him/index.php?board=113.0
Or, send me a PM

hilux-1983

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 1,271
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
Duuuuude, I'd love to go (reason #6) But, where is Panamint? And when?
DD, 22R, L52HD, 35"s, All pro/Marlin Hysteer, 529's, Aussie Locker in rear only. 5" All Pro springs and 5" shackles. Just purpose built and dependable. A/C blows like ice too... www.4x4HIM.org

hilux-1983

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 1,271
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
I went to the link and found all the info. thanks
DD, 22R, L52HD, 35"s, All pro/Marlin Hysteer, 529's, Aussie Locker in rear only. 5" All Pro springs and 5" shackles. Just purpose built and dependable. A/C blows like ice too... www.4x4HIM.org

pumkin toy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Do You Know A Sweeney Bro?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
sounds like a great event!  I wish i could make it out
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823

GreyZuk [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
Two years ago when we were at Panamint, we had 99 Families and over 250 people! There is a ton of room though for camping. At that time, I only knew a small handfull of the club people, but the cool thing is that everyone is super friendly and I came away with new friends, awesome pictures, and tons of stories.
try this...
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=67308d7299886a7add4b
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2010, 09:18:50 PM by GreyZuk »

REG535

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -287
  • Male Posts: 1,083
  • Member since Jul '07
  • Shes traveling to many celestial worlds
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
why does everything have to be in CA
Maybe i will go anyways
85 Marble' Black and White (x-cab)
84 RedTurtle' Red with White Top added Marlin Turtle Shift Knob (All Stock) :silly:

dk98

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 80
  • Member since Feb '10
    • View Profile
ill try and make it
884runner 4.3 needs to be refereed

GreyZuk [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
hey everybody, I just wanted to let ya know if you have any questions, you can check out this link.

http://www.4x4him.org/4x4him/index.p...70673#msg70673

It should answer any questions you have.
You can also call Rick who is heading up the Jamboree

Rick--559-676-2598
 ***Please note, If you need to call Rick, LATE evenings are best. Please don't call between 6 a.m. and 3p.m.****

superyota

• Prestige Worldwide
  • Turtle Points: 71
  • Male Posts: 3,362
  • Member since Oct '05
  • what happened?
    • View Profile
    • Placer County Crawlers
i'll be there with a few other guys from highroads.  should be fun. 
ABD Motorsports

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Placer County Crawlers - President 2011-2016
www.placercountycrawlers.com

Rubicon Trail Foundation - Property Committee member
Friends of Fordyce - Board Member
KK6QDW

Gamera

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 218
  • Male Posts: 140
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
i'll be there with a few other guys from highroads.  should be fun. 
i will get you for this =]

superyota

• Prestige Worldwide
  • Turtle Points: 71
  • Male Posts: 3,362
  • Member since Oct '05
  • what happened?
    • View Profile
    • Placer County Crawlers
i will get you for this =]

lol.  your going aren't you? :yesnod:
ABD Motorsports

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Placer County Crawlers - President 2011-2016
www.placercountycrawlers.com

Rubicon Trail Foundation - Property Committee member
Friends of Fordyce - Board Member
KK6QDW