Author Topic: sky manufacturing  (Read 3059 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
sky manufacturing
« on: Nov 28, 2004, 11:24:58 AM »
So everybody here bashes Allpoo, and I understand why, but I'm curious about Sky manufacturing.  They have a birfield eliminator kit for about $100 less than most, and a bunch of other stuff that looks to be engineered well enough.  One reason for my curiousity is my brother works in the same town and deals with them on a regular basis, and if I bought something from them I could have him bring it down free when he visits next time.  Has anybody used their stuff and have any solid feedback, not just imo's?  Nate
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
Re: sky manufacturing
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2004, 12:26:22 PM »
IMO  :greengrin:  eliminator kits are obsolete now (unless you already have them)  with Longs new chromo birfs.

greengo

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 44
  • Male Posts: 48
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Offroad
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2004, 01:09:52 PM »
not sure about the eliminator kit, but ive dealt with sky on a few occasions. awsome customer service good prices, and they never lied to me. only service ive gotten that was better was from marlin.  but ive had nothing but good from them. only people ive had problems from are AOR and allpro.
"No Habla Jeep"

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2004, 06:03:28 PM »
Greengo, yea my brother said it's just a couple of guys in a small shop and they're pretty nice.  My brother's kinda stuck up so if he says they're cool it works for me.  He hasn't actually dealt with their parts, he's more like their supplier than a buyer.  Oh and, tee hee Kyota, tee hee....Nate
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

UNBREAKABLE

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Male Posts: 2,028
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a RockStar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2004, 06:57:31 PM »
I have used them, didn't have any problems at all with them. Unlike Allpro....they sent my credit card info to someone else(card #,address, tele #).....Pissed me the hell off!
That's how I roll

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2004, 09:46:09 PM »
Allpoo actually gave your info to someone else?  Weak! 
RIP KYOTA

Mike D

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 122
  • Male Posts: 1,902
  • Member since Jun '04
  • MMMMMMMMMM........
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2004, 09:58:27 PM »
they should get sued
87 runner, 4" trailmaster lift, 33" TSL/SX, 5.29's V6 e-locker, 22re that cost too much

lowgeared

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 556
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2004, 05:36:16 AM »
I've bought a few things from them.  Honest and fast shipping.  I've actually been to their shop and bought an IFS rear for my pickup.  It was 5pm on a Friday and he was getting ready to head out of town and really didn't have time to answer the 1000 questions I had (very understandable) once I saw all the cool rigs and stuff in the shop.  Other than that, everything else has been great.  They are good people just like the Marlin Crawler crew.
Friends help you move.  Real friends help you move bodies.

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2004, 09:34:06 PM »
I was talkin to a friend today who's wheeled his sammy for quite a while, and he also had good things to say about Sky.  As far as the eliminator kits being obsolete, I see it as being a more long term solution, and not much more expensive than buying the chromo axles you need when you buy the stronger birfs.  I don't doubt I'd do just fine with the longs, but from what everybody says they'd peel the splines off my stock axles, so I would be just as well off to go this way.  Keep the good feedback coming,  Nate
RIP KYOTA

Northern Runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 144
  • Male Posts: 155
  • Member since Aug '03
  • The Heart Beat of Japan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2004, 07:54:38 PM »
I just recieved a pitman arm adaptor from them yesterday. Good product nice people. Have had terrible luck with DOA and ALL POO.
But I suggest if you can get it from Marlin you are much better off.

Gettintheretoy

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 26
  • Male Posts: 10
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2004, 07:24:30 PM »
Ordered stuff from them a couple times.  Good to deal with every time i have dealt with them. :)
Jeremy Farrell

01 PSD
Ftoy #003

pimped4Runner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 28
  • Member since Dec '04
  • do it in the DIRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Dec 06, 2004, 04:18:17 PM »
i have used the SKY crossmember and love the way it  turned out.......sky has great products and very nice and helpful people. if you contact them talk to SKY....
anyone in washington state that wants to meet up and gom wheelin contact me.

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Dec 06, 2004, 06:35:10 PM »
I probably wouldn't be the one doin the contacting though, my brother talks to them all the time, and I'd probably just have him set it all up for me,   Nate
RIP KYOTA