Author Topic: RUNNER 007- PROJECT PLAID 4 link is done/ time to tub n rear tube frame  (Read 33147 times)

pumkin toy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Do You Know A Sweeney Bro?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Ya dude staying posative is where its at man!! HA HA I'm gona keep a move on it fo shor dude. This is my last weekend coming up of doing stuff, snowmobile and board n season is over for me! So I'm ready to rock this plaid machine out bro! I actually did a little cardboard mock up on the wheel well and tub tonight because i got home a bit early and finished cleaning garage too! HA HA  
nice dude!  cardboard moch-up is bad :moon:     I got my sting sting put back on today, also got my rear body mounts welded on and bolted the body down, oh and i re-did my exhaust so its not blowin up through the floor anymore!

PAGE 4 BROUGHT TO YOU BY BOOSTEDRUNNER!
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2010, 08:01:11 PM by pumkin toy »
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823

Jakesteads

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 842
  • Member since Mar '07
  • It was Nice....
    • View Profile
get it done spring is here!!!

i gave u a turtle point too homie~!!!!
I like Toyota

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -35
  • Male Posts: 970
  • Member since Oct '09
  • I KNOW A SWEENEY BRO!!!
    • View Profile
i dont know about this "BRAH" stuff but that thing is a really nice 4 link. where you putting the gas tank

HA HA Thanks dude.  ya bra it will be behind the rear seat cut into floor and droped in as far as i can. Kinda like pumkintoys on his runner. I have to flex the suspension and see how much room i have to drop it in. Then build a box around it, if that don't i might build a custom one for behind the seats!!! I also thought bout when i tub it in i might bend floor up so it slopes a bit to give the room i need, but really i think i will be fine just drop n it in a bit through floor and then build like a sub floor around it.  
Sometimes life is a rock an we need a Yota to get over it an Chevy is like a rock so I'm over it!!!

pumkin toy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Do You Know A Sweeney Bro?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
yeah dude do your tank like mine!  it will work sick
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
get it done spring is here!!!

i gave u a turtle point too homie~!!!!

Totally thanks dude on da point SCORE ha ha ya wat!! Ya i got a have it krawl'n by july to run our 3 day club run thing here! I should make it!!! No wait i will make it!!!
Sometimes life is a rock an we need a Yota to get over it an Chevy is like a rock so I'm over it!!!

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
yeah dude do your tank like mine!  it will work sick

Ya i think i will have the room to do it! Need to flex it out a again and stuff it to the top, ha ha to see just how far i can drop it... NIce dude on the new body mounts no more flop n and that will be sick dude wit the exhaust moved, no more heater blow n on ya..  :ha_ha: Also sweetness on the sting sting i bet it looks wicked sit n on the new tube work!

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 296
  • Male Posts: 2,526
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
nice work on the link set up.  looks good.
i love oregon wheelin.

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
nice work on the link set up.  looks good.

Thanks man!!

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
   Guess who's back, back again, ok ok nuff of that!! HA HA Been awhile since i have done anything on the runner but i got a bit done over last weekend. Got most of the tub mocked up wit cardboard, gotta love it. I also got the old spring hangers cut off finally and frame all cleaned up in that area.Then i cut the frame just behind the last body mount behind rear seat.  Cut some more sheetmetal body out and cleaned up a bit more stufff that was rusted.
   Plan now is to build some caps for the frame and bend up a tube that will follow the tub floor and connect to other side of frame. Maken the new frame in the rear. Then build the floor extend and weld it in and mounts off tube frame to hold floor. After that start on the sheet metal for the rear tub in. Oh and figure out my gas tank to in the middle of all that. I need to get my sliders on after that to really tie up the rear, cause im gona run rear skins also. I plan on useing square tube for the sliders, anyone have any idea's on a size that will work good and hold up to a beating???? Few pics also... :thumbs:

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
more

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
few more!!!!

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
couple more is all!!! The last one is a pic of a snow storm that rolled through a couple weeks ago. Was nice and wet for awhile.

minicrawlin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 388
  • Member since Oct '09
  • BAM!!
    • View Profile
what in the  :pokinit:    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  you gotta get BTW man!! we need to have a building party or something dude, you cant stop the rock you cant stop the rock you cant stop the rock the rock krawler ha ha seriously though man you dont wanna end up like these dudes just doing nothing hanging out wasting time bro!!      :banana:      :bananaguitar:      :bananasplit:      :bananajumprope:      :bananapc:      :biked:      :duh:      :dunce:       :trout:         :rockingout:        :rockingout:       :rockingout:      :rain:     :stomp:    :soapbox:
the rocks Rock in South D SON!

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
HA HA for sure man i don't want to be wasting time getting nothing done. Just been busy wheeling and other stuff to work on it. since i can wheel my other truck its hard to get motivated to work on it since i don't really have a dead line on it now, which never happened anyhow.... lol But i am for sure gonna get it done bro!!!! maybe we'll have a tub n in party and see if we can't wrap that part of it up. I actually have more pics i could post up of farther progress but my chip is acting up so i have to bring it somewhere to recover all my stuff on it!!  Cause stuff has changed since the last pics were posted.. Well here's a few things i have got done to , which you have seen and i have not done nothing for like 2 months. Gay i know but i promise the Plaided Runngy will be on the trail soon!! Oh and those bannana's are super fit man they work out like 24/7 dude. look at em just hop n all around and never get tired like someone i know..... HA HA  :shocking: :shocking: :willynilly:

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
pics up date i guess!!

hilux-1983

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 1,271
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
DD, 22R, L52HD, 35"s, All pro/Marlin Hysteer, 529's, Aussie Locker in rear only. 5" All Pro springs and 5" shackles. Just purpose built and dependable. A/C blows like ice too... www.4x4HIM.org

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
more rear before i changed it a bit!!

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
Nice.....

Thanks bro its slow going but it will get there!!

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
this is the rear wit the new floor cutting so it don't have 45's on it anymore. More curve which is better, curves are good... HA HA  Also the floor got shortened so the spare tire will now mount recessed  into the rear loop on the end..  It will sit lower more recessed than the pics show and way bigger tire also and will have a tube going under it to for it to sit on and protect it. no more tail gate now... man that was a   :stopit: idea!! lol   :hammerhead: Threw in a few random pics too and my new bike which i could of bought 2 new air shocks for the front instead!!  Cause i am now linking the front too.. oh well its sick anyways.

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
well since these pics i have doved the rear and have tried to dove the topper also. Which is a pain and still a work in progress on that. Not sure wat i will do now but i know my top is pretty much hosed up now. Well i do know wat i am doing far as the top just need to figure it all out!! So thats how i sit now, hopefully it wont be so long on the next update. I have pics of the dove and the top but they are on the chip i need to get recovered if i can!!