Author Topic: RUNNER 007- PROJECT PLAID 4 link is done/ time to tub n rear tube frame  (Read 33152 times)

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -35
  • Male Posts: 970
  • Member since Oct '09
  • I KNOW A SWEENEY BRO!!!
    • View Profile
Re: RUNNER 007- PROJECT PLAID
« Reply #60 on: Feb 03, 2010, 10:03:13 PM »
IGHT man!! Sneaky sneaky
Sometimes life is a rock an we need a Yota to get over it an Chevy is like a rock so I'm over it!!!

minicrawlin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 388
  • Member since Oct '09
  • BAM!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Feb 03, 2010, 10:41:38 PM »
Now there is a idea man! I like that bra! I was going to stop at a place in town and get a price and i could not get in the right lane to turn to go there. Sons a, people anyhow. HA HA I wasnt going to turn around either, hit em up next time i guess!

i work out by that Signs now place or whatever if you want me to swing in! i'm all over that been thinkin of it for my next truck possibly!

get BTW man!! ha ha
the rocks Rock in South D SON!

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Feb 06, 2010, 07:12:07 PM »
i work out by that Signs now place or whatever if you want me to swing in! i'm all over that been thinkin of it for my next truck possibly!

get BTW man!! ha ha

Ya swing in der for me man. I was gona check budget signs i think is wat they are called. I called and left a message for em, suppose i'll call them back on monday.
Sometimes life is a rock an we need a Yota to get over it an Chevy is like a rock so I'm over it!!!

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Feb 06, 2010, 07:18:35 PM »
Well i got the upper link mounts built and re -bent the axle truss but still am not happy wit it. So i gotta bend up another one. Stupid benders, ha ha! I'm kinda slow going i guess, not going as fast as i would like to on the 4 link but thats cool i guess. I get more done if i don't plan on getting nothing done! Gotta put new gears and stuff in my truck and weld up the rear. I also have a long slip from inchworm i need to get built up for my truck front driveline, planning on wheeling the truck next weeekend!!

pumkin toy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Do You Know A Sweeney Bro?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #64 on: Feb 06, 2010, 07:56:47 PM »
yeah dude! wheelin the green machine again! that will be sick.  I'm stoked to go do the club run. I think i am gonna lead and i wanna convince everyone to hit up farmingdale. should be a blast yo!  oh and after that run we are having our annual club meeting at one of the member's house out past box elder. Gonna have a dinner get together deal if you wanna plan on goin to that too it would be cool bro.
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Feb 06, 2010, 08:27:44 PM »
yeah dude! wheelin the green machine again! that will be sick.  I'm stoked to go do the club run. I think i am gonna lead and i wanna convince everyone to hit up farmingdale. should be a blast yo!  oh and after that run we are having our annual club meeting at one of the member's house out past box elder. Gonna have a dinner get together deal if you wanna plan on goin to that too it would be cool bro.
[/color]

Ya man gona get the green weenie up and rip n again bra, should of had it done but started work n on the runner cause your afm deal was being  :stopit: and we were not out wheeling every saturday. Parts should be here middle of week i suppose so i got a few days to change out the rear bearings and throw a set of new shoes in before my stuff gets here to do the gears!  And have ya weld up the rear, since those dushbags got my locker too. Oh and get a few more stickers on and graphics to, ha ha ya wat.   :rockingout:   Ya i'll go to the dinner to man, but i think my duaghter has a school play that saturday at like six. If that is the case i will probly go to play, then i could rip out there i guess. Play should not be long. Ya i'm game for farmindale bro, need to roll green weeenie, ha ha.

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Feb 08, 2010, 11:17:03 PM »
Hey we got the axle truss bent up for the the upper link mounts on the axle. It turned out sick this time, thanks to caleb come n out and help n. Think i got the bender figured out for the most part anyway now. This time it turned out perfect and i like it. I'll post up some pics of it here soon.  I'm gona work on my truck this week but if i get time i would like to get axle truss tacked onto axle and my upper and lower mounts on the frame tacked up also. Then i should only have axle position to figure out and square up. Then messure my links and cut my mock up ones to length and be bout it. Get the real links made up after that. But if i get all mounts tacked up and stuff i will be doing good.   :turtle3:

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Feb 13, 2010, 10:55:50 PM »
Got a few up dates! Worked on green weenie a bit and tried to set up the new gears in the rear but ran into a few problems. The v6 member i was going to use is the  :stopit: one of the bunch. The one wit the stock 4.88's in it and the thinner ring gear and the offset housing. So guess wat my gears don't work so great in this member not enough clearence for the thicker ring gear. Can use only OEM stock gears. Learn something new all the time. So i'm gona send back and get a 4 cylinder set to put into my third that was in the truck. Thought i could beff up and use the v6 but not the one i have anyway. So i built some body front cab mounts from when i re-did the  SAS. I just cut the frame off and mounts, so its been bouncen up der for awhile. Not any more, they turned out sweetness style.  :snapshot:

Also we worked a bit on the 4 link to! (Caleb and ME) WE got the axle truss tacked onto the axle and some plates made and welded onto the uppper mounts. All turned out pretty good! Here is a few  :snapshot: opps.

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Feb 13, 2010, 11:02:39 PM »
Few more  :snapshot:

pumkin toy

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #69 on: Feb 14, 2010, 08:54:49 AM »
Lookin sick broha!  I like all the photoshop action in that one pic, really shows everyone whats goin on!  ha ha  oh and i still see bird :pokinit: all over your axle housing :rofl2:   You should reassemble that 4.88 v6 third and sell it bro!  maybe Tim would buy it for his truck, he needs lower diff gears, then he could get 4:88's for his front diff and be ready to go :thumbs:
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Feb 14, 2010, 06:19:36 PM »
Lookin sick broha!  I like all the photoshop action in that one pic, really shows everyone whats goin on!  ha ha  oh and i still see bird :pokinit: all over your axle housing :rofl2:   You should reassemble that 4.88 v6 third and sell it bro!  maybe Tim would buy it for his truck, he needs lower diff gears, then he could get 4:88's for his front diff and be ready to go :thumbs:

Ya its all welded for him and all. He just can't run 5.29's  :ha_ha: Ya dude i'm so leaven the bird  :pokinit: on there till end of project just for you. lol. Ya the photo shop pic is so wats going on! ha ha  :psss: Oh and thanx for da few welding tips man.

Jakesteads

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 842
  • Member since Mar '07
  • It was Nice....
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Feb 14, 2010, 08:02:08 PM »
dude axle looks good keep up good work
I like Toyota

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Feb 14, 2010, 08:40:09 PM »
Thankx bro!

minicrawlin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '09
  • BAM!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Feb 16, 2010, 08:45:17 PM »
thats lookin sweet man!! put some speed holes in that thing make it wicky wicky bad ass! now get BTW ha ha

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Mar 10, 2010, 10:18:18 PM »
Man this 4 link is take n me way to long, not like long to do but life got busy man. HA HA I haven't been workin on it lately! I've been slack n and going to code classes and snowmobiling on the weekends. But i got a few things done since last update. I got all the mounts tacked up for the upper and lower mounts on the frame. Also the mount wit the cross bar to. I also re-did the rear axle truss cause it was higher on the right side and it bugged me and was not the same.  Just had to cut a bit off and bend in the center a bit and good to go, not a big deal. Now its sick!  If i don't go snowmobiling or boarding this weekend i should be able to get the 4 link all mocked up! I need to tack tabs on for links to mount and square up axle is bout the mount of it!!  Few pics of my  :turtle2: progress. HA Ha  :snapshot:

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Mar 10, 2010, 10:23:45 PM »
few more!!

pumkin toy

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #76 on: Mar 11, 2010, 05:37:54 AM »
lookin good dude!  get that turd all mocked up this weekend!
97 4runner Limited

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Mar 11, 2010, 05:03:54 PM »
Ya man I should be able to get it all mocked up dude. But i will be going board n saturday I think. Terry is have n their shred it contest thingie and i might enter it up dude. I'll be back home in the afternoon though. But i got tonight and All Friday dude so i should be close if not done. Headed out der now to work on it!! :rockingout: :flamer:

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
Well i went boardn last saturday and did not get as far as planned on Friday cause i ran into a few problems. Part of the custom 4 link process i guess. :ha_ha: I got my lower tabs built and welded to frame mount cause they were 2 different lengths and longer than the tabs i could get from buggy shop. So I had to build them.  My problem was after i got it all squarded up and figured my link length i  did not like it. It was going to be to short and i did not want to push axle back anymore. So i cut 4" of frame mount and will put a end cap on it later. That let me mount forward 4" and I'll move axle back a inch and i will like that! I Got the frame mount tacked back on. So I just need to Square axle up again for like the 100th time it seems like and get a link measurement. Then Its just throw some tabs on and figure a few angles on i should be pretty much mocked up and ready to move on to tub n it in and some tube work in the rear so i can get the air shocks mounted up. I'll be work n on the 4 link and should be able to finish it up friday!. Here's a few pics from last friday!!!  Also My frame height is 22" now and i hope to keeep that height, depends on how the front will work out!! :biggthumpup:

minicrawlin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '09
  • BAM!!
    • View Profile
project plaid is running the game now bu! good work, get BTW now! ha ha

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
Finally the 4 link is done for the most part or all mocked up and ready for testing later!! I did the lower links on friday and they turned out sick and i like it.  :thumbs: Today Caleb came over and we got the uppper links all set up. We flexed it out on the one side and it flexed all the way to the topper,  :ha_ha: wit no binding anywhere. Of corse when i set up my shocks and bump stops it will not go that far. But after flexing it and doin some check n into it and talkn to a few peeps i am gona move the uppper links closer on the axle truss and farther apart up above. More triangleated ya could say i guess. I think that will be better. But i'm stoked bout it as is for now. Now i can move on to build n the tube frame and tub n it back in. I think i might run skins in the rear also, we'll see how it works out. Also i can get my shock hoops built to and get shocks set up after i tub it back in. can't wait, heres a few pic's.  :snapshot: :rockingout: :wakos:
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2010, 10:53:12 PM by NITE KRAWLERS »

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
project plaid is running the game now bu! good work, get BTW now! ha ha

Thanks dude, it's move n along i guess. My computer is being gay and i can't get my other pics so i'm gona restart it now and try it again....

minicrawlin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '09
  • BAM!!
    • View Profile
nice man!!! thats where it's at bud!! whys that dude jamming out to music next to the photo opp dude though ha ha! stupid computer, hit it really hard it'll start working again ha ha

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
I'm back now dude, its work n so i'll post em up!

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
Few more pics!!

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
 :snapshot: :snapshot:

pumkin toy

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
looks great brah!   i'm hookin ya up with the  :turtle3: points trying to get in the positive! haha   You need to keep crackin on this rig man, we gotta get it out wheelin before the event this year!
97 4runner Limited

potter85

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 257
  • Member since May '09
  • complete disregard for sheet metal.....
    • View Profile
i dont know about this "BRAH" stuff but that thing is a really nice 4 link. where you putting the gas tank
3rz in the making

looking for 38s

2 tundra 4.7l v8 soon to be sas'ed

pumkin toy

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
i dont know about this "BRAH" stuff but that thing is a really nice 4 link. where you putting the gas tank
:funny:
97 4runner Limited

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
looks great brah!   i'm hookin ya up with the  :turtle3: points trying to get in the positive! haha   You need to keep crackin on this rig man, we gotta get it out wheelin before the event this year!

Ya dude staying posative is where its at man!! HA HA I'm gona keep a move on it fo shor dude. This is my last weekend coming up of doing stuff, snowmobile and board n season is over for me! So I'm ready to rock this plaid machine out bro! I actually did a little cardboard mock up on the wheel well and tub tonight because i got home a bit early and finished cleaning garage too! HA HA