Author Topic: RUNNER 007- PROJECT PLAID 4 link is done/ time to tub n rear tube frame  (Read 33121 times)

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -35
  • Male Posts: 970
  • Member since Oct '09
  • I KNOW A SWEENEY BRO!!!
    • View Profile
Re: RUNNER 007- PROJECT PLAID
« Reply #30 on: Jan 26, 2010, 07:43:00 PM »
Here is some pics of the cancer i had to cut out! It was wicked wild!!  :hyper: :hyper:
So thats all the cancer cut out. Seemed the best way to do it. Plus the back of my runner is gona look more like a buggy anyway so i just started cut n away.  :wazzup:
Sometimes life is a rock an we need a Yota to get over it an Chevy is like a rock so I'm over it!!!

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Jan 26, 2010, 07:53:17 PM »
Some more random pics of the weekend!
Sometimes life is a rock an we need a Yota to get over it an Chevy is like a rock so I'm over it!!!

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #32 on: Jan 26, 2010, 08:02:24 PM »
:pokinit: boi, ill watch tis wik'd shiz fo realz, keep it up dog.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Jan 26, 2010, 08:08:17 PM »
Got the rear suspension all cut off and the frame last night. The frame cut is just temp for now, i plan on final cutting it just in front of the round cross member. Hope n to have the rear 4 link mocked up this weekend.  :bananasplit: :snapshot:

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Jan 26, 2010, 08:13:11 PM »
:pokinit: boi, ill watch tis wik'd shiz fo realz, keep it up dog.

Oh i'm in now, its on. I'm goin all out man. HA HA Can't wait to get rear done and start cutting the front. Gota have it up and going before summer!  :camping: and  :driving: man

pumkin toy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Do You Know A Sweeney Bro?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #35 on: Jan 26, 2010, 08:42:02 PM »
Well i didn't get any pics up tonight. Hopefully tomorrow i can. Pumkin toy zipped over tonight and we got the rear suspension all cut off and the frame to. I think i'm bout ready to mock up the 4 link and stuff. Caleb is check n on some random mock up tube at work tomorrow for me. Thanks again Pumkin. HA HA   I went out to twisted customs today (local buggy shop here) and he hooked me up straight wit all my link ends. So no more TG ends anymore, kinda stoked bout that! Hope n to get a good start on the 4 link this week, see how it goes. The wife is think n i'm in the garage a little to much, ya know how that goes. HA Ha Then i go blog on MC, Ha HA lol  :argue: :idiot: Naw she's pretty cool bout it. Be able to take family when done wit runner, so its all good... :camping:
NO problem dog! glad i could help a bro out :thumbs:
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823

Jakesteads

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 842
  • Member since Mar '07
  • It was Nice....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Jan 26, 2010, 09:01:42 PM »
looking sweet dude i like your cuts very.... bold hahaha
I like Toyota

minicrawlin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 388
  • Member since Oct '09
  • BAM!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Jan 28, 2010, 06:11:54 PM »
dude i'm diggin all the smiley guys bro!!! ha ha its sweet!   :thumbs:   and theres a photo opp guy!!??    :snapshot:   i got mad   :respekt:   for the build dude looking good keep em up!
the rocks Rock in South D SON!

Jakesteads

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Mar '07
  • It was Nice....
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Jan 28, 2010, 09:25:18 PM »
here was my old truck i cut up right behind the rear seats people could still ride back there i just welded the tail gate on and plated in the holes... ghetto built the flat bed then kinda lost interested in the entire thing... it had potential though

I like Toyota

minicrawlin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '09
  • BAM!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Jan 28, 2010, 09:45:53 PM »
thats original. with a dove and rear linked that would be pretty cool. NIGHTCRAWLER be tubing it up though! gonna be sweet!

Yota87Truck

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,175
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Jan 28, 2010, 09:58:10 PM »
Nice!  I love unique rigs!

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Jan 28, 2010, 10:45:42 PM »
Thanks dude's!!! Right on yota wut, that thing waz looking dope man! Ya should of finished it up dude! Still got it, cut rear off behind seats and tube it out and 4 link it bro and it will be killer man!

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Jan 28, 2010, 10:53:28 PM »
with a dove and rear linked that would be pretty cool. NIGHTCRAWLER be tubing it up though! gonna be sweet!

I might be dove n mine dude and the topper yo!! Still looking into and decide n bout it! The rear seat kinda messes me a bit if i do that. I have to put rear seat back in and see were i can dove it at, cause i am keep n the original seat back there! Ya i got a few plans on how the back tube will be, cant wait to use the bender man. We built some hockey nets wit the bender bout a month ago an it was :rockingout: man!

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Jan 28, 2010, 10:57:59 PM »
Well a job came up at work and i had to work out of town for a couple days! So i didn't get much done last few days. We got the tube for the mock up links.  :woohoo: Have to go get some 1 1/4 jam nuts tomorrow and i think i'll be ready to start 4 link!

Jakesteads

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Mar '07
  • It was Nice....
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Jan 29, 2010, 07:21:08 AM »
I sold that ol runner 2 years ago to buy an engagement ring for my wife but it was pretty sweet i had duals and stock gears but it was so light after i cut it up it would crawlllllll if i roll my one now again im gonna cut it up for sure i liked the idea of keeping back seat urs is looking sweet and when you link it its gonna be that much better
I like Toyota

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Jan 31, 2010, 04:41:25 PM »
well I got all the jam nuts and stuff I need for links! got one end of the mock links made up and ready. I'll do the other end when I figure out my length! I got all the braket's cut off axle(well caleb did anyway thanks man) and some of it grinded, and got a few link braket's made up! we also got a tube bent up for a axle truss and and the upper links will mount to that! the truss turned out ok but one bend on left was off a little so were gona bend a new one. that's bout the mount of it for the weekend.
oh and I took all the stuff I cut off runner plus some random stuff I had laying around to a steel recycling place and got huge bank for it. ha ha 500 lb of steel , made $26 bone's. should pay for whole project. lol I also got my air shocks to from local buggy shop. they have it all out there. they rock! decided  to go wit the 2.0's yo! should work fine but the 2.5's would be sick! just way to much money for me . I'll post up some more pics here soon of how the link set up is going! should have it mocked up this week is my plan!

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Jan 31, 2010, 04:51:47 PM »
jakesteads yo name is different man and yo avator is look n sick!! ha ha. the led's look killer bad a** bra!

pumkin toy

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #47 on: Jan 31, 2010, 08:29:34 PM »
I'm excited to get your links all setup man!  gonna be killer
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823

Jakesteads

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Mar '07
  • It was Nice....
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Jan 31, 2010, 08:59:14 PM »
ya i changed back to my old name ;)

lets get some pics !!!! who needs a job when you have a toyota ....

ya lights are sweet i love them best 115 i ever spent ill be pimping all over CO now
I like Toyota

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Jan 31, 2010, 09:25:10 PM »
I'm excited to get your links all setup man!  gonna be killer

Ya dude i'm stoked bout it!   :rockingout: :rockingout: I'm gona try to get those upper mounts ready and that tube bent up asap! I'm gona just get those flat tabs from Twisted instead of those ones i made since the one side will have to be longer also. I should be just bout ready to tack it all up and square up axle and all that fun stuff!! Should be done before the weekend. Maybe i'll zip over and help on the e-lock tomorrow yo!!

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Jan 31, 2010, 09:26:47 PM »
ya i changed back to my old name ;)

lets get some pics !!!! who needs a job when you have a toyota ....

ya lights are sweet i love them best 115 i ever spent ill be pimping all over CO now

Right on right on man. I need a job, cause i have a toyota!!! HA HA

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Jan 31, 2010, 09:59:39 PM »
Here is a few pics. The shocks are the chrome fox 2.0's so i wrapped them up wit some sno camo foam tape i had to protect during the build. Looks super trick wicked. HA HA. I plan on getting them powdercoated later cause i'm not a big fan of the chrome. I might even just leave the tape on there cause its so sick. lol the other pics are of the lower link mount, which will get welded to frame than a tube off that to cross member for more support later. time for some  :sleepy:

pumkin toy

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #52 on: Feb 01, 2010, 04:59:11 PM »
dude you are gonna end up rockin that snow camo tape full time!  i just know you will
97 4runner Limited

minicrawlin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '09
  • BAM!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Feb 01, 2010, 10:02:41 PM »
dude take it in and get it plaid wrapped with the truck!! sick!! ha ha

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:26:42 PM »
dude you are gonna end up rockin that snow camo tape full time!  i just know you will

You know it man, ha ha dude. It would be killer yo!!

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:29:44 PM »
dude take it in and get it plaid wrapped with the truck!! sick!! ha ha

Now there is a idea man! I like that bra! I was going to stop at a place in town and get a price and i could not get in the right lane to turn to go there. Sons a, people anyhow. HA HA I wasnt going to turn around either, hit em up next time i guess!

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:36:01 PM »
Well i have been busy at work and not got much done on the 4 link stuff even though work is slow, not sure how that works but ya.  Tomorrow i am going to build my upper link mount brackets and get that axle tube for uppper link mounts re-bent up after work. 

pumkin toy

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #57 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:48:52 PM »
Yeah dude you gonna want to re-bend that rear truss, its only about two inches off center :gap:  Sorry bout that bro, me and Donny were gettin crazy with the bender :laugh:
97 4runner Limited

NITE KRAWLERS [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:51:07 PM »
Yeah dude you gonna want to re-bend that rear truss, its only about two inches off center :gap:  Sorry bout that bro, me and Donny were gettin crazy with the bender :laugh:

HA HA its all good man, i should be able to get it, maybe!!!

pumkin toy

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #59 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:53:51 PM »
HA HA its all good man, i should be able to get it, maybe!!!
yeah dude just remember 6" radius measured to the center of the tube!
97 4runner Limited