Author Topic: turbo trannys a tcase what they worth  (Read 2021 times)

NaturalDisaster

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 108
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
turbo trannys a tcase what they worth
« on: Jan 09, 2010, 12:31:28 PM »
Hey everybody. Well its been a while since i have been into the toyota scene and i dont know if i will ever be getting back into it. I have 1 turbo tranny and t case and 1Turbo tranny minus the case. Both seem to be in good condition. What are they worth. Whats a good asking price for them located in utah if that makes any diff thanks for any help. Oh another question whats the correct model or series number for these. Thanks again

luvyota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 286
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
Re: turbo trannys a tcase what they worth
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2010, 01:21:58 PM »
i will take them if you dont want them. lol :greengrin:  it really depends on how bad somone needs them and how far to go to get them.
luvyota

Travis H

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -367
  • Male Posts: 789
  • Member since Sep '08
  • 5100 ft
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2010, 03:05:26 PM »
i assume manual 5spds? they are called r151f ive seen trannys alone go for 600.

NaturalDisaster [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2010, 04:17:42 PM »
yes both are 5speeds

Early

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 67
  • Male Posts: 470
  • Member since Oct '09
  • The Buddhas ridin shotie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2010, 06:02:33 PM »
i picked mine up (tranny and case) for 300. The guy was cool and admitted that he hadn't run it and was going for a core price. We worked on this a little because he wanted to keep both of the shifters and shifter seats. I think Marlin's core price is 400. Thats a good starting point. I was lucky and was able to run mine for 6 months until i was ready to rebuild it (it didn't NEED it at the time but i wanted to get it out of the way). If you know its in perfect running order i wouldn't shy away from 600 (5-800 range actually).

Also, your "turbo" t case is a regular gear case (RF1A) with a 23 spline input shaft. the tcase alone has value for a v6 guy swapping to a gear case. Or someone looking to "dual up". Your tranny alone can be completed by mating to a RF1A and putting in a 23 spline input gear, these can be found in stock 2.28:1 low range ratio form from marlin or upgraded with a 4.7:1 low range available multiple places.

All of that being said your bellhousings are a money maker in them selfs. The turbo bell housing is special in that it will allow a 20 - 22 series motor to bolt up to a R series tranny. These trannies include v6 5 speeds, and some other supra 2wd trannies. I have seen a turbo bellhousing go for $400.

Again on another note, the "turbo tranny" is a R151f. This being a R series ( as aposed to a W or G series) has much larger gears and i believe bigger bearings which is why they are sought after.

As far as sale, i would think a reasonable and honest price for the tranny case combo (with shifters) would sit from 4-700 depending on available history. The tranny by it self prolly around 300-500 again depending on available history.

I got mine on craigslist which is a good place for yota parts around here (OR). Although if you posted pics here and a phone # you may be able to get rid of them here.

Wow, that was allot of info, i think i got it all correct but if you have any questions let me know. Good luck
1994  4Runner w/ full doors

My hands are dirty cause i drive a yota

NaturalDisaster [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2010, 07:26:51 PM »
Wow thanks early and everybody for the help. The one minus the t case i dont know much about it i just pulled it out of a non turbo truck that they put the tranny in it out of a turbo truck we bought both trucks then pulled the turbo tranny and case out of it before we sold the trucks. I gave the case to a friend and he broke the input shaft in it. So i am assuming the tranny is in fair condition. And the other complete one is still in a wrecked truck i bought. It seemed to work good shift good with no noise. If anybody wants em let me know i will give you my number. I will go get pictures of them and list them for sale in the proper section. Thanks again everybody for the help

82rustbeast

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 318
  • Male Posts: 500
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2010, 08:50:40 PM »
I got lucky and picked up my r151 for $180 at pick n pull  :gap:

Capt. Crawler

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2010, 11:24:42 AM »
   :inthedark: Interested if you still have a tranny? Are they stamped to identify exactly what model they are?
   :outtahere: Thanks, Kirk

82rustbeast

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 318
  • Male Posts: 500
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2010, 07:13:31 PM »
in my tranny? sorry there fella, this babys goin in my 1st gen. a tell tale sign of a r151 is a 1 to 2 inch rubber plug on the very bottom of the bellhousing.

From Pirate:

Identification:
G52/54 84-88' are twin stick, use a 8 bolt center section, 6 bolt gear t/case pattern, 21 spline output.
G58 89-95' twin stick, 8 bolt center, 9 bolt chain t/case, 26 spline
W56 85-88' (single stick), 89-95' (twin stick), 10 bolt center, 6 bolt t/case, 21 spline
R151F 86 - 87 (turbo only) will have two housings of four bolts each just like a G52, the difference would be the large rubber plug on the bottom of the bellhousing.

NaturalDisaster [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2010, 07:48:47 PM »
   :inthedark: Interested if you still have a tranny? Are they stamped to identify exactly what model they are?
   :outtahere: Thanks, Kirk
yeah i still have them one of which is still in the truck and the other is out both of them do have the transfercases hooked to them still i was thinking of a different turbo tranny that was missing the case they are both turbo trannys both have the hole in the bottom of the bell housing

NaturalDisaster [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2010, 07:57:19 PM »
here is a pic of the one tranny that i have pulled out it will need the t-case shifter and cluth throw out lever

if anybody is interested call me at 435-669-0555 parts are located in southern utah st.goerge area 84770 sorry no pics of the other tranny and case it's complete and still in a wrecked trubo truck Thanks guys

500.00 obo for the complete one

450.00 obo for the one needing shift fork and t-case shifter

thanks again i will go make a post in the classified section
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2010, 08:17:29 PM by NaturalDisaster »