Author Topic: Selling a used car in todays' Markget , need suggestions .  (Read 1553 times)

PadawanYota_Stovy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 154
  • Member since Apr '09
  • I drive , I wheel , I crawl , I am Toyota
    • View Profile
Hey folks of the Marlin forum. Here in Mid Oct I will be selling a SUV , Nissan Xterra 04 4wd with about 73 k miles on it its nearly perfect condition a few scratches. I was just curious on what your thoughts on selling this vehicle would be like , will it take for ever or would it go fast ? I'm gonna hope to get 10 k out of it . I do see a lot of Xterras out on the road today just hoping I won't have a head ache trying to sell this thing . Any suggestions or ideas ? thanks a bunch guys .

Stats : 85 Toyota 22RE , 3" body lift, 32" wild country's, Duel Marlin, Lock rights front and rear, full inside cage. 

I drive , I wheel , I crawl , I am Toyota

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 296
  • Male Posts: 2,526
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
1. put it on a busy road.   proper sign visabilaty :biggthumpup:
2. post it in the for sale section might help.
i love oregon wheelin.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Use kbb.com and NADA guides to evaluate its condition.  Be critical of your vehicle, the potential buyers will be. 

put up plenty of pictures online, details are everything.  Put a for sale sign in the vehicle, actually make or use a sign, please don't just write on the windows. (pet peeve of mine :gap:  )

Craigslist is your friend, you'll get a lot of false hits, but you'll eventually get someone.  :thumbs:

Good luck!
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,583
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
The easiest thing to do is to look at it as if you were in the market for an Xterra right now, and start with the price you would be willing to pay for it, not what you think it is worth.  From there adjust your price to be competitive w/the other Xterra's in your area.  Also expect most buyers to think you are hard up for cash, so don't get to upset/frustrated when they lowball you.
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 296
  • Male Posts: 2,526
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
yea.  they will to, specialy right now.  i'm trying to sell right now to.
i love oregon wheelin.

PadawanYota_Stovy [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 154
  • Member since Apr '09
  • I drive , I wheel , I crawl , I am Toyota
    • View Profile
Very good points guys, I'm really just looking to get ride of the thing and have some money left over from paying off most of the loan payments. I have done a little research most of the Xterra's are going for around 9k not from a dealer so I"ll just have to wait and see how it plans out in mid Oct . Once this is sold , I'm moving into a 86 yota for my DD ! wish I could use my 85 model but since its a wheeler not good for long travel on freeways but oh well lol . Thanks again guys , any more input would help out great .

Stats : 85 Toyota 22RE , 3" body lift, 32" wild country's, Duel Marlin, Lock rights front and rear, full inside cage. 

I drive , I wheel , I crawl , I am Toyota