Author Topic: 84 22r FS in Atlanta  (Read 1009 times)

GrimReaper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 58
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
84 22r FS in Atlanta
« on: Sep 01, 2004, 06:48:07 AM »
Well I have a spare motor laying around. I had concidered swapping it into my 22RE with engine problems but I think Selling and rebuilding the 86 is the way I'm going so I don't have to mess with the FI tank or modifying the R motor to a FI.

I bought the truck it is in as parts. It had no transmission. I did have the bell housing so I decided to see if it ran. Suposidly its been rebuilt Acording to the guy I bought it form according to the guy he bought it from. As dirty as it is it's hard to say when that was.

Once I got the float bowl filled she fired off with one puff of black smoke cleared up and high idled. Ran it till it was fully warm and it took on a 900RPM idle and held temp at normal on a 90 degree day.  It had some Vac lines mis routed so I'm sure if that was straightend out it would have idled down around 750 rpm. Held oil pressure at mid way on the factory gage but never got the oil up to full operating temp like it would be driving.

So no absolute garantees but it seem to have some life left in it and should drop in and run.

The motor will come with FACTORY Carb, intake, exhaust manifold and distributor. I seem to recall the air turbes were rusted up. There will be no accessories on it as they are staying with the truck.  Might be able to get the Air pump  just depends on what my Buddy that I gave the body and frame to needs to make it complete driver. Might be able to get the ECM and wiring to make sure it will stay emmisions compliant. Just depends on the motor my buddy puts in that truck. It's looking like he's going webber so that stuff will probably be available.

Its located in Woodstock GA but will probably be moved down to Marietta in a couple weeks.

Asking $450 but would take a reasonable offer to get it out of the way fast.