Author Topic: Mormons.....  (Read 20968 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Mormons.....
« Reply #210 on: Dec 17, 2008, 06:31:25 PM »
What exactly is the "unpardonable sin"? Just out of curiosity.
Can't speak for the Mormon faith, but generally it is simply viewed as denying God.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Hammerhead

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 100
  • Male Posts: 564
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Junkyard Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: Dec 17, 2008, 08:14:31 PM »
Yup, that is pretty much the big one.  If you know God and still deny him...
'82 pickup, +3, locked, doubled
'82 pickup, IFS long travel, V8
'85 4runner, V8 rock crawler
'88 X-cab, V6

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,060
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: Dec 17, 2008, 08:35:50 PM »
I can totally see your point... but I tend to lean towards something a little different based on other scriptural evidence... which would take a couple paragraphs to explain if you would like me to...

Main point being.. he was to be in Heaven even though no baptism could possibly take place.

Here's the verse that I made reference to in various versions.

John 20:17

(ASV)  Jesus saith to her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended unto the Father: but go unto my brethren, and say to them, I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.

(BBE)  Jesus said to her, Do not put your hand on me, for I have not gone up to the Father: but go to my brothers and say to them, I go up to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.

(ESV)  Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

(KJVR)  Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

(MKJV)  Jesus said to her, Do not touch Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father. But go to My brothers and say to them, I ascend to My Father and Your Father, and to My God and your God.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

Weak-Link

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: Dec 17, 2008, 10:16:07 PM »
Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah...

If your a believer in Joesph Smith, I think your nuts. But its your religion and I respect that.

If your a believer in Ellen White, I think your nuts. But its your religion and I respect that.

I don't know how you can pickup the word of God and choose few verses and build a religion around that. But I guess I'm a simpleton?

Back to the first poster, let me ask you a question. Have they found anything in New York yet? How do you feel about the fact the U.S. declared war on the Mormon Church? 

To the SDA guys, Did Christ break his own law?

Just questions I've always wanted to ask.

Weak-Link

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: Dec 17, 2008, 10:23:37 PM »
If you guys want to debate a verse... how about Genesis 6:1-6

COToy91 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -21
  • Male Posts: 1,241
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: Dec 18, 2008, 01:47:04 AM »

Back to the first poster, let me ask you a question. Have they found anything in New York yet? How do you feel about the fact the U.S. declared war on the Mormon Church? 

Just questions I've always wanted to ask.

What are you assuming they are looking for?  And when did they declare war?
Colorado...its where the cool kids live

COToy91 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: Dec 18, 2008, 01:51:06 AM »
1And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they [were] fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also [is] flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown.

5And GOD saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually.

6And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1302
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: Dec 18, 2008, 07:17:35 AM »
Here's the verse that I made reference to in various versions.

John 20:17

(ASV)  Jesus saith to her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended unto the Father: but go unto my brethren, and say to them, I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.

(BBE)  Jesus said to her, Do not put your hand on me, for I have not gone up to the Father: but go to my brothers and say to them, I go up to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.

(ESV)  Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

(KJVR)  Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

(MKJV)  Jesus said to her, Do not touch Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father. But go to My brothers and say to them, I ascend to My Father and Your Father, and to My God and your God.

I said, I see your point.. I have no issues with that verse.. I was talking more about the verse as he was on the cross.. there is more packed into that one...

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: Dec 18, 2008, 07:19:56 AM »
If you guys want to debate a verse... how about Genesis 6:1-6

just out of curiosity.. why would we be debating those? Are they random?

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,060
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: Dec 18, 2008, 07:26:59 AM »
To the SDA guys, Did Christ break his own law?

This is a new one so please provide at least a few details.  :headscratch:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: Dec 18, 2008, 07:43:17 AM »
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #221 on: Dec 18, 2008, 08:51:51 AM »
This is all I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMo_A6eHn14

No problem there, now just celebrate it on the correct day!
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: Dec 18, 2008, 08:54:31 AM »
No problem there, now just celebrate it on the correct day!

Thats impossible.. no one knows the correct day

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: Dec 18, 2008, 10:36:08 AM »
:smack:  Here we go again.   :shake:

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: Dec 18, 2008, 11:02:06 AM »
:smack:  Here we go again.   :shake:

if it bothers you, dont visit the thread!

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: Dec 18, 2008, 11:25:17 AM »
if it bothers you, dont visit the thread!

It doesn't bother me its just that you guys will never agree.

COToy91 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: Dec 18, 2008, 02:31:46 PM »
It doesn't bother me its just that you guys will never agree.

Pretty much lol

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: Dec 18, 2008, 02:42:21 PM »
Pretty much lol

Yup... good thing youre not a juror... you wouldnt now what to do no matter what evidence was presented!

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: Dec 18, 2008, 02:55:55 PM »
Yup... good thing youre not a juror... you wouldnt now what to do no matter what evidence was presented!

Oh yes I would.  GUILTY   

COToy91 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: Dec 18, 2008, 03:16:14 PM »
Ill disagree with you till the day i kick the bucket. You will disagree with me until the day you die. And I think that you are so hard on LDS's cause you left what you had with you wife and she divorced you, so you have a chip on your shoulder

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: Dec 18, 2008, 03:30:29 PM »
Ill disagree with you till the day i kick the bucket. You will disagree with me until the day you die. And I think that you are so hard on LDS's cause you left what you had with you wife and she divorced you, so you have a chip on your shoulder

That's the typical response I was looking for...  instead of actually addressing the issues, you go into character bashing... If you have kids that start questioning mormon doctrine or family.. what will you do then.. write them off?

COToy91 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: Dec 18, 2008, 03:38:57 PM »
nope, they are free to make the choices they want to. I wont FORCE my beliefs or opinions on anyone.  I wont preach non stop to them that they are going to hell if they don't believe what i do. AGENCY.... no reason to force anything when they are free to make their own choices.

You already posted that information in a previous thread about religion, if anything it was restating information you made public. The thing is you come here to force your strong beliefs to take me or other LDS members that are reading this to see things your way. Dont you think if we did we would be practicing what you do? We dont though, I am a Mormon regardless of what you try to convince me of. So feel free to spend your time preaching, cause my heart is not softened to what you have to say to me.

My sincere apologies if i offended you, not my intentions. That was more a question if that was part of your dislike of the LDS faith.

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: Dec 18, 2008, 03:48:31 PM »
nope, they are free to make the choices they want to. I wont FORCE my beliefs or opinions on anyone.  I wont preach non stop to them that they are going to hell if they don't believe what i do. AGENCY.... no reason to force anything when they are free to make their own choices.

You already posted that information in a previous thread about religion, if anything it was restating information you made public. The thing is you come here to force your strong beliefs to take me or other LDS members that are reading this to see things your way. Dont you think if we did we would be practicing what you do? We dont though, I am a Mormon regardless of what you try to convince me of. So feel free to spend your time preaching, cause my heart is not softened to what you have to say to me.

My sincere apologies if i offended you, not my intentions. That was more a question if that was part of your dislike of the LDS faith.

I made that information public because it doesnt bother me in the way you try to use it against me. Its my testimony.. I spent almost 3 years trying to defend the LDS faith when evidence and truth was brought before me, and it didnt hold up.. Truth doesnt change depending on the person who delivers it.. truth is truth... If a murderer told you a simple truth that the sun gives light, would you disregard it because of who said it? Or would it be true for the simple fact that it really does give light... Are you trying to say the things I have presented are not true, simply because I am the one who has said them? Because you havent refuted any point, and neither will you be able to... but if salvation is not that big of a deal to you then I understand and you can stop reading anytime... eternity is nothing I would want to take a chance with or mess around with.. Famous quote that goes something like this.. I would rather live my life for this God that I worship and be wrong than live a life against him to find out it was all true.

COToy91 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: Dec 18, 2008, 04:08:19 PM »
Why did you convert to be a Mormon in the first place then? Why didnt you do more research into things in the first place? I mean, why get baptized, live the life, be sealed if you didnt really believe it all? What was the main thing that hit you like a brick to make you ib the position you are now?

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: Dec 18, 2008, 04:27:44 PM »
Why did you convert to be a Mormon in the first place then? Why didnt you do more research into things in the first place? I mean, why get baptized, live the life, be sealed if you didnt really believe it all? What was the main thing that hit you like a brick to make you ib the position you are now?

I was 17 when I became a Mormon, so I didn't know much.. it all sounded good.. and the terminology was all the same that I had heard from other Christians... by the time I was married and getting ready to go to the temple, I was way into it. I was teaching the deacons, scouts on Thursdays, home teaching faithfully, yet not reading my bible.. assuming that it had been translated wrong and that I could only trust the BOM.

It wasnt jsut one thing that hit me, I mean I fought against it in my pride for almost 3 years in spite of the evidence I had been shown. I loved my wife.. all her family and was not looking for divorce. Things just started piling up.. some of the big ones were false prophecies of Joseph Smith.. there were over 50 and I thought that most could be explained away.. yet deut 13, and 18 say if even one doesnt come true, they are false prophet and not to listen to them.. then there was the passage in Galatians 1:1-6.. that said even if an angel teaches another gospel then let him be accursed.. that was exactly what moroni did... then after going through the temple ceremony a few times and trying to grasp there were other gods, when the Bible teaches the exact opposite...

There were just so many things like that that were adding up... and now I could seriously list over 100 different reasons why with biblical support.

Now I have an amazing relationship with God and know without a doubt that when i die I will be with him.. and I'm not basing it off the hopes that a man is right in his story.. I'm basing it off Gods word alone. And now that God has brought me out of spiritual blindness (which is a biblical condition in scripture) I can see the errors and I can see the truth, and I'm so thankful in what the Lord has done that I want to tell everyone..

The Lord has given me a burden for Mormon people... A great sadness comes to me when I see people believing a lie, believing a system based off mans ideas.. that I just cant sit back without saying something.

If I were seriously bitter and angry at the Mormon church and its people I would just keep my mouth shut and sit back and let them believe a lie and go to hell for it... But that's not the case.. I will put as much time, effort and energy as I possibly can to reaching even just one Mormon... This is what God has called me to and I will do it faithfully as long as I am here... not for my glory, but for His.

COToy91 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: Dec 18, 2008, 04:39:14 PM »
Thank you for that, I truthfully do respect you. I will find out for myself then, I am only 19

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: Dec 18, 2008, 05:06:20 PM »
Thank you for that, I truthfully do respect you. I will find out for myself then, I am only 19

Thats great.. I dont want you to believe me.. search these out for yourself :)

Weak-Link

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: Dec 18, 2008, 09:19:23 PM »

What are you assuming they are looking for?  And when did they declare war?

The remains of 250,000 people that the BOM said died @ Cumorah

just out of curiosity.. why would we be debating thos'[]=[e? Are they random?

Its the first time we see the mention of Nephilim, some believe they where fallen angels, some think alien. I believe Goliath was a Nephilim.

This is a new one so please provide at least a few details

Matt. 12:1-13

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: Dec 18, 2008, 10:38:23 PM »
The remains of 250,000 people that the BOM said died @ Cumorah

Its the first time we see the mention of Nephilim, some believe they where fallen angels, some think alien. I believe Goliath was a Nephilim.

Matt. 12:1-13

I'm not really sure where you are going with your different thoughts... you are being kinda vague.. do you have a point you are trying to get across or hit at since the topic is mormons?

Weak-Link

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: Dec 18, 2008, 11:19:53 PM »
If you need clarity, read my first post.

I asked a question

I'm not trying to pick a fight, just trying to figure where the two different beliefs stand on the questions I asked.

clear as mud?