Author Topic: Property purchasing advice?  (Read 9595 times)

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
Re: Property purchasing advice?
« Reply #30 on: Aug 28, 2008, 06:06:51 AM »
midnight? Dang what did yall do stop and smell the roses? I made the drive to your place in like 3.5 hrs and I even stopped a couple times.

I was all alone though.

Well the sell to the above mentioned property I made an offer on came back with a counter offer as I suspected. I had somewhat hoped they would have droped their price a bit, but they didn't move but just very little from their asking price. I told my realitor that I didn't want this property that bad. Later on that night I called my realitor back, to let him know of another property I would like to make an offer on, and he told me that he had talked with the sellers realitor and that they had said they wanted to sell and that they wanted another offer.
This made me kinda smirk couse they realized they had missed an opportunity to sell.  They need out from under this house becouse they are paying 2 payments. They are aware that I have a contract on my house and that i am limited for time, I belive that is why the sellers didn't move on their price as much as they could have, and are now regretting it.

I told my realitor if they still want to deal to just have them redo their counteroffer, and we will see. My realitor said to wait to make an offer on another place till we hear back from them. In the mean time I'm still looking. A lady i work with has a newer home she has had up for sale in the past. She told me to come take a lookand that she might be willing to take less than she owes to get out of it. We are going to take a look at it this afternoon.

I am getting more than my share of drama and stress over all this. Not only am I stressing about finding a place, but their have been some issues with the buyer for my current home. All together I'm at my whits end.
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #31 on: Aug 28, 2008, 10:32:45 AM »
:willynilly:  OMG  i wantyou to move around the corner, that way i dont get lost when i come see you agaian :willynilly:

well when we went from Hoxie  and found that hwy 25  we got lost  cause i didnt know it looped around under the river bridge,   then they wanted to stop in Powhatan and take pics of that old courthouse or  hospital or whatever it was, then i called Gary a couple times from CaveCity  then we went south ,  stopped in Beebe  and had dinner, the only place open was waffle house  or chili's  so we ate at Chili's  :yikes:   little did i know that place is :bling: so we ordered appitizers  and THAT WAS ALL  :ack:  i did have some chicken and broccoli soup that was real good
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Gittinit [OP]

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Aug 29, 2008, 03:58:54 AM »
That is a nice place but I want a newer home that wont require repairs, or remodeling, as soon as I buy. After looking at how home prices have been in different areas of my town I belive newer homes appricate in value so much faster than older homes, and thats just another reason to buy a new home. If something changes in my life it would be nice to sell and make a profit rather than just getting back what I paid in, like my current home.

my favorite places:

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

dt

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -107
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Aug 31, 2008, 06:21:44 PM »
did anyone mention ,WATER.

Gittinit [OP]

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Aug 31, 2008, 11:09:29 PM »
did anyone mention ,WATER.

What about it?

I talked more with the builder of one of the homes I had mentioned before. I'm going tuesday morning to talk with my loan officer and figure out the details. I may be moving to Oak Grove, which means alot of changes for my family, and me.

my favorite places:

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sep 01, 2008, 10:22:30 AM »
What about it?

I talked more with the builder of one of the homes I had mentioned before. I'm going tuesday morning to talk with my loan officer and figure out the details. I may be moving to Oak Grove, which means alot of changes for my family, and me.
could you drive the kids down so they continue at the old school??

i know you dont want that BUT,  you'll be in a NEW house not just new to you.   although  the kids will be in a new school and  your utilities changing,  :down:

what happened with the house behind you??   did they  not  want to meet you half way???

AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Gittinit [OP]

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Sep 03, 2008, 01:38:16 PM »
They wouldnt hardly budge from their asking price. I pretty much talked myself out of that one before I even placed an offer. I just can't bring myself to give the same for a 18 year old home as I could  for a brand new one.

I went tuesday and talked to the mortgage company about financing for the "new" home in oak grove. The kids are onboard for changing schools, but neither them or Stephanie and I are willing to have them change till school starts again next year. This means I will be struggling to fight school traffic every day to get them to and from school.

There are quite a few changes to come with the new place. The electric, trash, cable, sewer, and internet, and water will pretty much be all different providers (read seperate bills). Currently all these things come on one bill and are all together cheaper than what we are looking at with the new place. On the plus side I have worked out a deal to have an unfinnished 24x30 shop built in back, and we will have an extra bedroom/office and a 1 car garage for storing the operational toys.

my favorite places:

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sep 03, 2008, 02:07:16 PM »
They wouldnt hardly budge from their asking price. I pretty much talked myself out of that one before I even placed an offer. I just can't bring myself to give the same for a 18 year old home as I could  for a brand new one.

I went tuesday and talked to the mortgage company about financing for the "new" home in oak grove. The kids are onboard for changing schools, but neither them or Stephanie and I are willing to have them change till school starts again next year. This means I will be struggling to fight school traffic every day to get them to and from school.

There are quite a few changes to come with the new place. The electric, trash, cable, sewer, and internet, and water will pretty much be all different providers (read seperate bills). Currently all these things come on one bill and are all together cheaper than what we are looking at with the new place. On the plus side I have worked out a deal to have an unfinnished 24x30 shop built in back, and we will have an extra bedroom/office and a 1 car garage for storing the operational toys.
:woohoo:  MY ROOM :woohoo:

ok um school??  didnt they just start ?? :dunno:  just seemed it would suck  getting them back and forth but  that does give them time to adjust

wack me in the head but  what do you do?? :headscratch:

Gittinit [OP]

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sep 06, 2008, 10:38:24 PM »
:woohoo:  MY ROOM :woohoo:

ok um school??  didnt they just start ?? :dunno:  just seemed it would suck  getting them back and forth but  that does give them time to adjust

wack me in the head but  what do you do?? :headscratch:

I actually figure thats gonna be my wifes room, as I get the garage and the shop. My mother and step dad may be splitting too, and my mom isnt self dependant so she may have plans for that room I'm not aware of. I don't want the kids to start at a new school during the school year. They will be starting at the new school next fall.

What do I do? Like for a job? I work nights in a factory. Its a little more complicated than that but I fix things that break, and I try to keep production moving along for a particular group that builds stators for 2 speed washer motors. I usually just tell people I am a factory worker and they are like o ok. I am not an engineer though, i just worked my way up and I  have been at the same place of employment for years.

my favorite places:

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sep 07, 2008, 11:22:30 AM »
:smack:  now i remember you telling me that,  and that you got a bonus if your "team"  met a certain quota

so when ya moving in??

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sep 07, 2008, 03:58:35 PM »
:dunno:  Just throwing something out there, as I was a military brat, and moved several times during the school year, and also during the summer.  It is always hard to change schools, and it sucks changing schools in the middle of the school year, but school is also a great way to make friends.  It sucks when you move into a neighborhood in the middle of summer, and you don't really have friends to play with, because all the neighborhood kids are at camp, or hanging out at their buddies' in a different neighborhood, or whatever.  Its a lot easier for kids to warm up to each other in a non threatening environment like school, than it is for neighborhood mom bring neighborhood kid over and say, "look Johnny, here's a new friend for you to play with, and neighborhood kid and new kid have a stare down. 

just my experience :dunno:  But I don't know how big your town is or anything either, all of my experience moving was from state to state, not within the same city, so :dunno:

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sep 07, 2008, 06:39:24 PM »
i'm guessing the town he live sin now is around 8-9000 pop.   

Gittinit [OP]

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sep 08, 2008, 06:34:50 AM »
:smack:  now i remember you telling me that,  and that you got a bonus if your "team"  met a certain quota

so when ya moving in??

There is no date set yet. The builder has been so preoccupied tryig to finish the house asap, that he has stalled me on my paperwork. I should have it all underway this week and will hopefully be able to close the purchase in a couple weeks, mabye sooner.

:dunno:  Just throwing something out there, as I was a military brat, and moved several times during the school year, and also during the summer.  It is always hard to change schools, and it sucks changing schools in the middle of the school year, but school is also a great way to make friends.  It sucks when you move into a neighborhood in the middle of summer, and you don't really have friends to play with, because all the neighborhood kids are at camp, or hanging out at their buddies' in a different neighborhood, or whatever.  Its a lot easier for kids to warm up to each other in a non threatening environment like school, than it is for neighborhood mom bring neighborhood kid over and say, "look Johnny, here's a new friend for you to play with, and neighborhood kid and new kid have a stare down. 

just my experience :dunno:  But I don't know how big your town is or anything either, all of my experience moving was from state to state, not within the same city, so :dunno:

Thats a good point but there are only like 6 homes within a reasonable distance that we would even allow the kids to travel to, and only one has kids. We usually keep the kids summers booked up with swimming, and sport, or family type activities, and we will definately have to keep with it if we move as there just arent neighbor hood kids in the new area, or atleast not yet. We are getting into a new "subdivision" in its early stages so I'm hoping more kids will move in but we won't know till it happens.

There are 20,000 in my town of paragould and the town I am moving to is more a suburb of my town more than anything else. It has a population of mabye just a few thousand and it does have its own govt. One day paragould will annex Oak Grove just as it has done other neighboring communities in the past. Ther are 2 independent school systems in our county, all the rest have been absorbed by one of these two. Most of the student bodies are made up of kids who actually live outside of the city limits. With the extracurricular activities my son and daughter have been involved in they are going to be suprised how many of their past team mates are actually future classmates. I have lived in this little town since 1991 or 92 and my wife is a native to the area, so if we see someone we don't know its kinda rare, besides i'm not the type who has ever met a stranger.  :disturbed:
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2008, 06:49:12 AM by Gittinit »

my favorite places:

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sep 08, 2008, 06:44:08 AM »
thats true :cheese:

dang  i cant wait,  :hyper:  so UM, i was told by  a few people to tell you you HAD to come to HotSprings :whip:

i told Steve  you was worried about your house stuff  but  he insisted 

i have to admit, i wanna see ya also  BUT i know what kinda stress  selling/buying  is putting on you  :therethere: