Poll

what color should I paint my front bumper and rock sliders ?

Black as normal
Blue like my arms and truck

Author Topic: THE BLUE MARLIN aka 1980 project build up by Maxwe001  (Read 62807 times)

Dr.Maxwe001

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Male Posts: 627
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: 1980 project build up by Maxwe001
« on: Aug 05, 2008, 06:38:28 AM »
I am gonna pull it out  of the garage after I got through with my 8 hours of daily "W" word but i will give you a heads up on what I have done so far so the pictures will go and and hand.

first I took the front crossmember out of the box and I put the front springs and the bushings in them along with the back front bushings its just mocked up into place that way i can look at everything and have a good idea of how it is going to fit up and I can tell my welder guy to burn the metal to metal. then I began to put the rear springs and bushings together ADD LOTS AND LOTS OF GREASE ITS BETTER TO DO IT NOW THAN FORGET ABOUT IT LATER HAND HAVE SQUEEKY SPRINGS AND BUSHINGS THAT GO OUT PREMATURITLY .as you can see I went ahead and put the rear leaf springer hanger and the frame mount onto the spring I did this so that i would have a good idea of what it will look like and to make sure I put it on the correct end of the spring.  :turtle: MARLIN CRAWLER supplies instructions  :hammerhead: for a reason ALWAYS PUT THE MILATARY WRAP END TO THE FRONT OF THE TRUCK LIKE IT SAYS IN THE INSTRUCTIONS. I then was able to get me some sweet deals on some half doors and also on some tube doors $75.00 for both sets he was asking $50.00 for each but I told him id take both of them for $75.00 he said OK its a deal. so I SKIPPED work all day yesterday and yesterday afternoon I drove to Birmingham about 45 min north of here and met with the guy that had the doors. I believe some slight modification will be needed for the tube doors and I know i need to finish welding up the half doors they do not have any kind of sheet metal covering them to keep me from cutting my legs  I will get Pict today I swear it.
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2008, 06:45:05 AM by maxwe001 »
IF YOUR LOOKING OUT THE FRONT OF YOUR 4X4 AND YOU CANT SEE THEN JUST TURN ON YOUR WIPERS. BUT THEN THINGS GET ALL MESSED UP LIKE IN LIFE.

WHEN YOU GET TO THE END OF YOUR ROPE JUST THINK THAT ALONG TIME AGO  YOU WERE THE FASTEST LITTLE SWIMMER TO THE EGG

08:55:22 PM BeccaLoo24 – i like to screw things

$99 scratch and dent drill press has drilled more holes than Ron Jeremy.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48342.0

[img]http://bo