Author Topic: No power with 5.29's and freshly rebuilt 22re?  (Read 10307 times)

Birfailed

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 14
  • Member since Sep '06
  • Stand on it!
    • View Profile
Laughs at tire size but cringes at the very thought of rocks huh??  Take the chrome somewhere else
Go 1-Ton from the start

Plekto

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 27
  • Male Posts: 863
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
Nah, he just needs some dirt and rust on those rims...

It does look far too shiny.  Get some scratches on the rims for us, okay?

DeMented Toys

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 160
  • Male Posts: 1,151
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Woo-Hoo!!!
    • View Profile
Talk about getting off topic...   I just revived this topic because I found it doing a search and was having a similar issue with a 22RE, and didn't want to start a new topic that was the same.  It's not about hills vs mountains, I'm in Missouri.  We have hills...  It's not about the 22RE not having power because it is a four cylinder engine.  I know this...  And I know how it should run and it's not. 

I bet my cam timing is off, I'm going to try the adjustable cam gear... And check my exaust for blockage along with checking the TPS and anything else I can think of.  It is also hard starting when the engine is cold, like after it sits for a while.  If it only sits for a little while it fires right up.   And more tech input would be appreciated.
Thanks -Jeff
Jeff DeMent

-DeMented Toys-

dtrailtaco

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Nov '07
    • View Profile
when i installed my freshly rebuilt 22re, it ran and idle beautifuly but had no power, the distributor was off a tooth or two, might want to check that out too, runs good now, but not as much power as my taco with the 3.4 but it does good, it will hold speed in 4th on hills, and in 3rd on mountain climbs it will hold speeds as long as i am up to speed, its a 4 cylc so i dont expect to pull up the hill in 3rd and gain speed like my taco will :yupyup: