Author Topic: weber install help  (Read 1318 times)

acerbis

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 102
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
weber install help
« on: Jun 17, 2008, 09:12:43 PM »
I bought a 34/34 off of ebay and the instructions are crap! hopefully the carb won't follow suit? Anyway I need some guidance on vacuum lines. the cluster below the carb? The cluster below that where the pcv valve is routed to? And where do the vacuum advance for the distributer?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  its a '87 22r by the way....ca model.
you'll never be younger then you are today

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
Re: weber install help
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2008, 09:25:01 PM »
save the stock one, you'll need it for smog time.
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2008, 10:12:55 PM »
I had one of those on my 85 and yes it was crap offroad, but it was badass on the street. I could never get it to stop stuttering offroad. Sorry though it was on the engine when I bought it but it was a direct connect when I dropped it in my truck.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Boosted

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Member since Jun '08
  • PacificNWRockCrawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2008, 11:54:35 AM »
I bought a 34/34 off of ebay and the instructions are crap! hopefully the carb won't follow suit? Anyway I need some guidance on vacuum lines. the cluster below the carb? The cluster below that where the pcv valve is routed to? And where do the vacuum advance for the distributer?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  its a '87 22r by the way....ca model.

I just installed one on my truck and it is awesome however I dont need to worry about smog tests anymore on my truck as its no longer required (25 yrs old) in the state of Washington.  As far as the vacuum lines are concerned, all I have now are the two coming off the distributor, the PCV valve, and the breather off the front of the valve cover.  For the vacuum advance on the distributor, the one closest to the radiator goes to the vacuum switch that is on the passenger side of the manifold.  Make sure you use one of the ports that is below the switch and not on the switch.  The other one goes to the ported vacuum that is on the carb itself (only one).  The breather tube goes to the air cleaner and the PCV goes to the manifold.

As for running offroad, as long as the carb is tuned properly, you will have no problems.  This carb is different than the 32/36 or the 38/38 in that the vent design is changed.  It doesnt have a problem with fuel dumping out of the vent and into the carb when climbing steep inclines.  Just make sure you have proper fuel pressure (3.5 psi), the carb is adjusted properly and if needed, you will have to rejet the carb.  For me, the carb ran good out of the box and just needed minor mixture and idle adjustments to run great.

Hope this helps.

THE ROCK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 219
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 28, 2008, 07:37:20 AM »
 :hammerhead:I need help w/ my weber 38dgas also..runs like a raped ape on the road.off-road, off camber, runs like :pokinit:a pile of  :pokinit: :pokinit: :pokinit: :soapbox:. incidentially, all of my vacuum lines are plugged, exept pvc, vac advance