Author Topic: Robinson Crusoe in Montana, so damn lonley  (Read 1872 times)

hessiankid31

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -6
  • Male Posts: 81
  • Member since Apr '04
  • "Chrome won't get you home!" PM Winston Churchil
    • View Profile
Robinson Crusoe in Montana, so damn lonley
« on: Jul 20, 2004, 01:26:51 PM »
I would really like to start going to events and doing some trips next spring. I've decided to spend the rest of this season with my baby in the garage finishing gears, lockers,dual winches, mini-gun system etc, but I'd really like to get plugged in next year. I live in Missoula, Montana. Contrary to popular belief, Montana is not all conservative, gun happy/4x4 friendly. They call Missoula "Little San Fran" and it's an accurate sorbiquet, this place is crawlin' with trustafarians driving hybrid Hondas. My point is, there isn't much in the way of 4x groups/events around here. I've got two buddies on the same block with Toys, but that's the extent of our "club." I'd like to know which trips/events are best, in your opinion and make some connections for next year. My truck is still highway drivable, but I'd rather not go more than 8 hours away. Missoula is about 200 miles from Spokane and I have some family there too.
Its not "AT" anywhere! 91v6 Toy sawzall special w/ twin turbo thrack-u-lators, 01 Taco4cy cream puff,85 220whp 5mge Supra,multiple FF Honda civics

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
Re: Robinson Crusoe in Montana, so damn lonley
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2004, 01:31:30 PM »
There are always events going on here in WA and northern OR.  There is a trail run at TSF (tillamook state forest) going on in early sept. tsf is near portland.  Naches has runs going on constantly.  That is about40 miles north of Yakima WA on highway 12/ white pass.  So when you get a chance and are feeling up to it load up your rig and head on over I could easily get a bunch of heads rounded up for a fun run.
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

hessiankid31 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -6
  • Male Posts: 81
  • Member since Apr '04
  • "Chrome won't get you home!" PM Winston Churchil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2004, 01:51:50 PM »
Hey Trash, you're due south of lake Chelan, right? My apple country geography is a little rusty, but I fought fires around a little town called Manson about 11 years ago and my fam has a condo on that lake too. I might see if I could bogart some time at the condo next spring for a trip. I hate to talk big about doing a trip, because I just never know whats gonna happen with me, but I'm determined to get out next spring and start breaking all the stuff I've done to my truck. I've never been on an organized run or to any of the big events. My big dream is to do a caravan trip to the southwest. There's a ton of really cool ghost towns and I'd love to hit canyonlands/elephant hill type stuff too.
Its not "AT" anywhere! 91v6 Toy sawzall special w/ twin turbo thrack-u-lators, 01 Taco4cy cream puff,85 220whp 5mge Supra,multiple FF Honda civics

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2004, 01:57:14 PM »
Im in Prosser, basically between Yakima and the Tri-cities (boat races next weekend :greengrin: )  Yeh I would like to hit some big runs but so far all Ive done is build the truck.  A good 75% of all the wheeling Ive done has been mud, I just got into running trailsa couple years ago.  A big roadtrip to the southwest would be a hoot Id be down for that providing Ive got the $$, but isnt that always the case?
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

lowgeared

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 556
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2004, 01:58:49 PM »
I am at Liberty every year over Father's Day weekend.  We try to go up there at least a few times a year.  Lots of tight, steep, off camber stuff.  Pretty cool.  There is also Funny Rocks and Moon Rocks.  Two lava flows and all just solid rock.  These two area are real close to each other and you could spend a whole weekend at these two spots just trying different routes.  There is always the crack at Funny Rocks.  Pretty challenging especially at night in reverse!!   :beer: :smack:
Friends help you move.  Real friends help you move bodies.

Skinny_Pedal

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 2,833
  • Member since Apr '04
  • work so I can support my lifestyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #5 on: Jul 21, 2004, 12:02:35 AM »
off the topic but i'll be in lake chelan in a few weeks. anyone want to meet up?
Im an OG

bjwest

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -26
  • Member since May '04
  • desert crawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2005, 08:10:23 PM »
im in kalispell if you want ot go out just let me know ill drive
billy west