Author Topic: Official MCR7 Registration Thread --- Sept. 12-14, 2008  (Read 134192 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,263
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
I remeber that guy at buck - he almost hit my pickup door at night driving through our camp while we were partying next to it by like 9 inches - he was hot dogging for sure - I shoed him away with my beer bong - I thought he know me and was stopping by but then just flew around

Sorry, you got your rigs mixed up.  I was IN that rig that you hit with your beer bong.  And it was not a buggy, it was a complete runner.

Oh, and he gassed it AFTER he got past your door BECAUSE you hit his truck. :shake:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 39
  • Male Posts: 2,351
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
This guy?? He was pretty impatient passing me too.

that is them 4 sure

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
:yesnod:  In fact, from where this pic was taken, he actually started on the left, behind spotter, waited til I passed, then jumped over to where he is in the pic, between me and matt.  

You're absolutely right.  This guy was just impatient all day long, and getting way to close to rigs.  He almost t-boned me just prior to where this pic was taken, because he was anticipating my speed, and I got hung up for a second.  He was in such a hurry, he was jumpign off and on the trail, trying to get around rigs.
and off the trail

mickey_rubicon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 37
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
Sorry, you got your rigs mixed up.  I was IN that rig that you hit with your beer bong.  And it was not a buggy, it was a complete runner.

Oh, and he gassed it AFTER he got past your door BECAUSE you hit his truck. :shake:

I am sorry for the confusion I am also sorry for using a beerbong to hit the truck you were in. I was scared because you guys were driving right at me and I had nothing else to defend myself with. 
I should wear a better helmet ...

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
I am sorry for the confusion I am also sorry for using a beerbong to hit the truck you were in. I was scared because you guys were driving right at me and I had nothing else to defend myself with. 
I have wheeled with the guy your are talking about for more than 10 years.  He is a very carfull wheeler.  He was on his way back from flipping rigs over that didnt give him the time of day right after he was done flipping them over.  He was under control for sure.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee

I have wheeled with the guy your are talking about for more than 10 years.  He is a very carfull wheeler.  He was on his way back from flipping rigs over that didnt give him the time of day right after he was done flipping them over.  He was under control for sure.

Thank you for your apology... I'll pass it on. 
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

mickey_rubicon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
is it the guy on the left? we hung out with him on Sunday on our way out to Loon. he also has multiple contacts for me if he wants me to fix my dent or buy him a beer etc.  :beer:

IF I hit his truck whether I remember it or not it's my responsibility and I am happy to handle whatever way he feels it should be handled. Please make sure he knows. Thanks.

:cheese: :king:

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
is it the guy on the left? we hung out with him on Sunday on our way out to Loon. he also has multiple contacts for me if he wants me to fix my dent or buy him a beer etc.  :beer:

IF I hit his truck whether I remember it or not it's my responsibility and I am happy to handle whatever way he feels it should be handled. Please make sure he knows. Thanks.

:cheese: :king:

No...and I don't believe you left a dent on his truck.  There are apparently two different rigs, one saying you hit him with his truck, and the other one you hit with the bong.  The one you hit with the bong is our friend... I don't know who the guy is saying that you hit his truck with yours.

mickey_rubicon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
I am sorry for both but I cannot remeber hitting the truck with my truck but I remember my bong attack at buck. Again, I am sorry. I could have had a more civilized approach. We're only human. I was unwinding after long hard ride in and the spirits ran high. My goal is to not offend anyone.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
I am sorry for both but I cannot remeber hitting the truck with my truck but I remember my bong attack at buck. Again, I am sorry. I could have had a more civilized approach. We're only human. I was unwinding after long hard ride in and the spirits ran high. My goal is to not offend anyone.

The only one I knew bout was the bong one... no biggy. It's all in the past, and we have next year to look forward to :thumbs:

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1187
  • Male Posts: 4,883
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
it was coming down big sluce when the jeep broke and like 6 rigs were trying to come up with like 60 rigs trying to get to the springs i move and he hit me i was  :maddest: and he didn't even say sorry.

I believe it was the first rig behind the two Rubicons that were headed up Big Sluice.  Don't really remember what the rig looked like.  If anyone has pictures of the two Rubicons on the trail it would likely be in the background.  It had BIG tires on it.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

yota18

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -61
  • Male Posts: 448
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
I believe it was the first rig behind the two Rubicons that were headed up Big Sluice.  Don't really remember what the rig looked like.  If anyone has pictures of the two Rubicons on the trail it would likely be in the background.  It had BIG tires on it.
yea he went through like he owned the place i should have said something to him.

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile

It musta been that silver third gen yota with that jeep grill on it.

I know which guys you were talking about and they hardly even got off the trail for me. Pissed me off too.
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee

I know which guys you were talking about and they hardly even got off the trail for me. Pissed me off too.

Nah... I know who you're talkin about Chris... but the one blackdiamond is referring to is this one:

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1187
  • Male Posts: 4,883
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Nah... I know who you're talkin about Chris... but the one blackdiamond is referring to is this one:

Based on that picture it wasn't that guy.  Yota18 was always angled off the side when he was within sight of the one that hit him.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Based on that picture it wasn't that guy.  Yota18 was always angled off the side when he was within sight of the one that hit him.

:doh: My mistake... this is the one we were talkin about awhile ago.  I guess there were 3 like that out there so far  :shakehead:

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile

OhhhhhH!!!!

I know who you are a talking about. Yeah it was an orange one and he was impatient and had big tires

Yeah pretty much all the guys that have been mentioned were all jackasses and since they had bigger tires then all of us thought they were better.

EDIT: and for the record, I dont think it was the 3rd gen with the jeep grill... It was another silver truck and i think it was the one on 49s
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,839
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
OhhhhhH!!!!

I know who you are a talking about. Yeah it was an orange one and he was impatient and had big tires

Yeah pretty much all the guys that have been mentioned were all jackasses and since they had bigger tires then all of us thought they were better.

EDIT: and for the record, I dont think it was the 3rd gen with the jeep grill... It was another silver truck and i think it was the one on 49s

The guy with the 3rd gen with the Jeep grill is a guy named Brian (IIRC) and he is from GV and definitely would not be an :moon: on the trail. He is a way cool and would not be ramming or hurrying along.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Norcal crawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 84
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
The guy with the 3rd gen with the Jeep grill is a guy named Brian (IIRC) and he is from GV and definitely would not be an :moon: on the trail. He is a way cool and would not be ramming or hurrying along.
ya i met him and he was awesome. everyone was giving him a hard time about the jeep/toyota thing, but we all thought it was awesome.
-'85 Toyota pickup, 35's, 4.7 dual cases, locked f/r, longs, etc.

-'04 Jeep Wrangler, 4 1/2" RE Lift, 33's, ARB's, 4:1's.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,648
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile

that pic was taken on friday morning, when we were still with you guys.  That's off spotter's camera.  I only put it up to show the buggy.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

42s on u

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile

Yea, it wasn't me... I didn't even go to big sluice this trip. Plus I certainly wouldn't run ito any one unless they gave me the the go ahead.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
It was another silver truck and i think it was the one on 49s
I know which rig you're talkin about.  They went around us last year at MCR6.  They camped at Spider this year.

mickey_rubicon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
I run jeep mudflaps, but not a grill, but I am happy to take responsibility for everything bad that happens. I have along history of being balmed for everything from East coast to West coast whether or not I have even been there is not a factor. I do want to say that this was another great MCR and I cannot wait for the next one. We got help from great people, we helped great people, and good time was had by all. Let's set aside the small differences and give Marlin and crew a huge cheers for another event that takes the cake on the Rubithon. Cheers Guys!

: )

42s on u

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I run jeep mudflaps, but not a grill, but I am happy to take responsibility for everything bad that happens. I have along history of being balmed for everything from East coast to West coast whether or not I have even been there is not a factor. I do want to say that this was another great MCR and I cannot wait for the next one. We got help from great people, we helped great people, and good time was had by all. Let's set aside the small differences and give Marlin and crew a huge cheers for another event that takes the cake on the Rubithon. Cheers Guys!

: )

You aren't making the accusation that is was me running into people on big sluice are you?

yota18

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
i want to let everyone know that my sister loved the trip so much that she wants to sell her Toyota rav4 and buy a trail rig,  :yesnod: She loved seeing all the rigs and loved how everyone is really nice and willing to help if you need it.  soon she will be in a  :turtle3: and wheeling with the rest of us.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
i want to let everyone know that my sister loved the trip so much that she wants to sell her Toyota rav4 and buy a trail rig,  :yesnod: She loved seeing all the rigs and loved how everyone is really nice and willing to help if you need it.  soon she will be in a  :turtle3: and wheeling with the rest of us.

Brian that's AWSOME!!!! PM me Renee's email address or Myspace.... we gotta keep in touch :yupyup:

yota18

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
Brian that's AWSOME!!!! PM me Renee's email address or Myspace.... we gotta keep in touch :yupyup:
she is going to sign up on here tonight

TIMS89CRAWLER

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 35
  • Male Posts: 1,968
  • Member since Oct '07
  • BORN TO WHEEL, FORCED TO WORK...
    • View Profile
You aren't making the accusation that is was me running into people on big sluice are you?
were you running into people ???
Having a 12 second Honda is just like coming out of the closet; You're going to surprise a bunch of people, but in the end you're still gay.

www.choptechfab.com
www.myspace.com/choptechfab

1989 x-cab truck, 96 2rz swap, MC07-R10 duals w/flat belly, doved front, bobbed bed, all pro 5" springs F&R, lincoln locked F&R, 38.5" sx's and still at it!
CHECK THE BUILD
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39494.0

mickey_rubicon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
I am in no position to accuse anobody of anything with my reputations. Big Sluice was totaly clear when I came down and when I went up. I only saw rocks. I saw only good times and happy people along the way.

mickey_rubicon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile

just transpant the Rav4 onto a solid axle pickup with coilovers and 3 speed tcase - why sell a good vehicle when it can be transformed