Author Topic: Who knows anything about MONTREAL?? Never mind! Staying in KS!  (Read 6167 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Do you need a sidekick  :gap:  I'm not really talented and have no skills, and come to think of it I'm a horrible yes-man cause I don't know how to hold my tongue.  Guess I'd just be there to collect a paycheck then  :outtahere:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

CTENG in KS [OP]

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
You can watch my back and protect me from mean Frenchies.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

CTENG in KS [OP]

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
I also have a phone interview today with yet another company this time in Huntsville again, but not the same as the one I am supposed to go interview at on Friday.  I don't think that is gonna happen though cause they still haven't sent me the travel info.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
You can watch my back and protect me from mean Frenchies.

Hell man...that's not even hazard duty. I hear some might swing a mean baguette after blinding you with pate'.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
They can bring it on, I gots me some safety goggles   :king:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
damn...youll be makin more than doctor...but i guess your an engineer...so 14k extra per diem, which means food and living expense right?
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS

CTENG in KS [OP]

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
I am off this afternoon to Huntsville to interview with "NASA."

Actually Jacobs Engineering, but their email is @nasa.gov.

No word back yet on Montreal, they are supposed to be setting up a phone interview for Monday.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
I am off this afternoon to Huntsville to interview with "NASA."

Actually Jacobs Engineering, but their email is @nasa.gov.

No word back yet on Montreal, they are supposed to be setting up a phone interview for Monday.
I used to live outside of Huntsville...in Decatur... nice place...lots of rednecks
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
I used to live outside of Huntsville...in Decatur... nice place...lots of rednecks

My paternal antecedents are from the upper half of Alabama. Fine place to live.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

CTENG in KS [OP]

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
Anyone in the Huntsville area want to meet and greet tonight with CT?

:crickets:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
My paternal antecedents are from the upper half of Alabama. Fine place to live.

Isn't everyone there related? :gap:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
yeaaa.....abnormaltoy is actually my sisters brothers cousins dogs uncle  :talkingn:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Anyone in the Huntsville area want to meet and greet tonight with CT?

:crickets:

Come to Orlando, we'll meet n greet ya! :yesnod:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile

OK...you tofu eating surfer boy!

Just like in Cali...I'm sure they're related to somebody, just not to everybody!  :gap:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 05:52:33 PM by abnormaltoy »

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
yeaaa.....abnormaltoy is actually my sisters brothers cousins dogs uncle  :talkingn:

Twice removed!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
OK...you tofu eating surfer boy!

Just like in Cali...I'm sure they're related to somebody, just not to everybody!  :gap:
the mexicans are.

CTENG in KS [OP]

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
Well CT just got in from Huntsville.  I HATE FLYING.  Every trip is more hassle than the previous one.  I have had a splitting headache since I got on the plane to go there.

The interview went very well...I do give a fantastic interview performance if I do say so myself.
I have this odd feeling that what they do at NASA is almost completely unnecessary and therefore, possible immoral due to the source of their funding.  I.e. money stolen from taxpayers.  As cool as the program seems to be from the outside, I am just not sure I could live with myself.

Damn my head hurts. 

CTENG in KS [OP]

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
Well, it is about 5:00 my time, 6:00 Montreal time and I have not heard anything from them.  I am thinking it is over for Montreal.

DanS

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 434
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
Ok,  :haha:  I've watched this post with some amusement. We CANADIANS, I mean English speaking (fluent English) are carefull when referring to the 'French' Canadians in Quebec, where the city of Montreal is located, they are extremely sensitive as to how they are addressed, spoken to, referred to and so on. A 'French' Canadian can live and work anywhere in Canada, however we (English Canadians) cannot work without permission in Quebec unless in the Military.
If you have not heard from them don't be surprised, good luck and for the record there many of us 'CANADIANS' that are hard working, offroading rednecks just like many 'Marlinittes'.
DanS
Wow, been looking at my 4Runner rust away too long, need some inspiration and here I will find it...!

85 Toyota 4Runner, solid axle, 22Re, original paint and graphics and not a straight panel to be found!

CTENG in KS [OP]

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
Well, they had already hired 3 American engineers due to a lack of available people...I figured it was worth a look, but, I am not surprised by the result.

V-Man

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 29
  • Male Posts: 792
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
It's ok...cteng..I call it Canadia too  :yupyup:

And we call you "lama boy" as well.

V-Man

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
Glen...the money IS double. Plus per diem on top of that.

At least I didn't call it Canuckistan..

That's Toronto....(Any suburb in the GTA)

V-Man

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
I also have a phone interview today with yet another company this time in Huntsville again, but not the same as the one I am supposed to go interview at on Friday.  I don't think that is gonna happen though cause they still haven't sent me the travel info.

Take the huntsville, at least it's Canadian...Not in some foreign country like Quebec

V-Man

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
damn...youll be makin more than doctor...but i guess your an engineer...so 14k extra per diem, which means food and living expense right?

What they are not telling him is that a place to live is going to cost him about $1000 to 1500 a month, and a gallon of gas is about $6, plus he will have to live about 30 to 40 miles from the plant.

CTENG in KS [OP]

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
OK, it is all over.  I have accepted a position at Hawker Beechcraft in Wichita.  Good raise plus signing bonus.  Won't have to move, looks like I will get some good experience too.  Will go after the big money in a few years when I have more than 5 years on my resume.