We currently are not offering Customer Support on our Forum.
Please use our Store website for: Customer Contact.

Author Topic: Marlin Crawler's Team F-Toy took another 1st place! (Cedar City, UT)  (Read 4520 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,291
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Hello :turtle: community,

We are again very proud of our Team F-Toy and their 3rd consecutive 1st place victory this year!

This time they took 1st place at the W.E. Rock Western US Nationals #2 in Cedar City, UT!

Marlin and his wife Christine attended and took plenty of awesome pictures! I will have a full report coming up very soon!

PlaceDriverPoints
1John James / Team Marlin Crawler110
2Mike Wright150
3Mark Carter159

Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
Congratulations! :thumbs:

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

EarlKann

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 160
  • Male Posts: 787
  • Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
Looks like some shiny new skins too!   :bling:

Congrats on the win guys.  Wish I could have been there.

toyyota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Member since Apr '08
    • View Profile
F-toy #2 says congrats...keep it up.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
:woohoo: GO TEAM MARLIN CRAWLER!!! It's nice to see that you guys finally put your car number in bigger print, even though I knew who it was going by us at checkpoint #1 at the King Of The Hammers I could not read the #, we actually called out your name instead of the number. That small black # on the side just didn't cut it.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

desertoy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Thanks for the support guys. We met alot of nice people this weekend from the off road community that came out to watch us. We had a great time and again, the Marlin Crawler formula Toy worked flawless. Cudo's to all the guys at Marlin Crawler for building a bad ass rig. this is the third competition season on this rig and it is holding up great.
As for this weekend's courses, they were really challanging. Noone in the class of 10 formula Toys finished every couse without big problems. Mustard Dog and I started out on saturday and got our ass handed to us by the first course. there was a big climb that we spent about 7 minutes trying to get up. We finally made it by taking a cone but there wasn't enough time left to finish the course. We were pretty discouraged. the secound course of the day was C-3, it was the hardest course on both days. MD did a great job of spotting and we barely finished with 3 seconds left on the clock. I think we were one of only 2 that finished that course which helped redeim ourselfs after the first course.
We ended up in secound place at the end of the day Saturday, 7 points behind Hal Deschamp. On Sunday everything went our way, we had problems on the first course just like we did on Saturday (we run all the same courses backwards on Sunday), but we were able to finish it this time. Hal Deschamp ended up breaking a front output shaft on the Transfer case which put him behind even though he was able to finish most of the remaining courses in 2 wheel drive with alot of throttle (that's how Hal likes it  :driving:).

In the end we were something like 30 points ahead of 2nd place. The competition is fierce this year but we'll keep representing the best we can.

Mustard Dog

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 17
  • Member since Mar '08
  • Tin Benders
    • View Profile
    • Butterfly Woodworks
What a great weekend, Cedar City sure is a great place for a comp and glad we're going back there in a few weeks.

First off thanks to Marlin and the crew back at the shop for the support, I'm glad we've been able to give you guys some good results :)

I don't know what it is about the first course of the weekend, but so far me and John have fully blown it it each of the trhee comps we've been in. I also don't know what it is about the first day cause we''ve been in second at the end of Sat. in each comp too :laugh:

What really got the comp back on track for us was our second course on Sun. (C3), it was just a crazy course in every way. Steep drops, way off camber and holes in the wrong places, rolover potential everywhere. John drove it perfect, the Krawlers stuck like you wouldn't believe, and I moved a lot of rock. End result was a 0, best score of the day and just what we needed for a confidence boost.

Now that the two hardest courses were done it was on to C4, course very similar to the ones at Goldendale, very easy. Simple drive, one cone that you could not avoid taking, everyone pretty much scored within a couple points of each other there. 

Last was C1, we had a plan to avoid the lower cone on gate one that everyone else was hitting. Lucky for us we also had the plan that if it looked like it was gonna burn too much time we'd just take the cone cause we needed the time for the turnaround at the bottom. We went with Plan B, there was NO WAY to miss that cone and come out on all four wheels. Did the 'Austin Powers' turnaround ant the bottom, lifting tires all over the place, then up and out. :)

That was our weekend.
Eric Anderson
TIN:skull:BENDERS
Spotter for Team Marlin Crawler

Hammerhead

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 100
  • Male Posts: 564
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Junkyard Dog
    • View Profile
I was there and I thought you guys did a great job.  Congrats on the WIN!!!  Way to represent!  :woohoo:

It was good to see you guys and I was proud to be there to root for you.  :yesnod:

Was nice to hang out with Marlin and Christine again too.

Keep up the momentum guys.  You rock...
'82 pickup, +3, locked, doubled
'82 pickup, IFS long travel, V8
'85 4runner, V8 rock crawler
'88 X-cab, V6