Author Topic: Obama video  (Read 12412 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: Obama video
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2008, 05:27:10 PM »
Obama is saying that pulling the troops out of Iraq is the first thing he is going to do.
He didn't want to go in in the first place and doesn't want them there.
You think he will not go cold turkey?

And I agree with you on McCain, I hate him on all counts. Maybe it would be better to have a dem in office so they can't blame the problems on republicans again.

He's playing to the Daily Chaos choir, the Dems said the same thing in 2006...we're still there. Even if Obama does want them out...the Dems in Congress won't let him, the cost to the party would be too great.

Besides not being able to blame the Republicans...the Republicans in Congress will, if they will put away their labia, find it a lot easier to oppose the President when he/she isn't from their party.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2008, 05:28:17 PM »
I liked Thompson. Can we write him in?

Yes, you can write him in.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2008, 05:39:15 PM »
im sick to death of  republican this,  democrat that,  WTF  happened  to voting for the best man for the job??
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2008, 05:44:12 PM »
im sick to death of  republican this,  democrat that,  WTF  happened  to voting for the best man for the job??

As sad as they've been lately...the party philophosy that comes closest to my own is the Republican. If there was a true conservative running for President and that person was a Democrat...I would vote for that person over a moderate Republican. I almost voted for a Democrat in a primary, about 20 years ago, but I was a registered Republican.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2008, 06:30:14 PM »
Yes, you can write him in.

can I write you in?  :disturbed:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

WHITE_TRASH

• Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2008, 06:33:55 PM »
I'm running in 2016....  :greengrin:
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2008, 06:36:09 PM »
can I write you in?  :disturbed:

You can write in Howdy Doody if'n ya want too. But, please don't, I think some of the letters I've written to McCain have put me on the Secret Service's radar...I don't need more notoriety!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2008, 06:37:07 PM »

By then, you might have to compete against candidates from Mexico and Canada for the job!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2008, 06:56:21 PM »
You can write in Howdy Doody if'n ya want too. But, please don't, I think some of the letters I've written to McCain have put me on the Secret Service's radar...I don't need more notoriety!

Nuff said

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2008, 06:58:48 PM »

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2008, 07:00:36 PM »
I think she is agent xxx

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2008, 07:01:38 PM »
I think she is agent xxx

or at least DD

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2008, 07:03:13 PM »
 :laugh: I have seen the sticker picture!

Trunkz

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 79
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2008, 01:58:48 AM »
Besides not being able to blame the Republicans...the Republicans in Congress will, if they will put away their labia, find it a lot easier to oppose the President when he/she isn't from their party

did you really mean labia? or something else there?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 09:24:11 AM by 79coyotefrg »

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2008, 07:28:16 AM »
:laugh: I have seen the sticker picture!

:suprised:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2008, 07:29:23 AM »

WHITE TRASH IN 2016! :usa: :cheer:

Where is the Mammoth?

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2008, 07:30:48 AM »
I like WT's ideas... and I can vote in 2016! So maybe I will write you in

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2008, 08:10:05 AM »
Besides not being able to blame the Republicans...the Republicans in Congress will, if they will put away their labia, find it a lot easier to oppose the President when he/she isn't from their party

did you really mean labia? or something else there?

I mean...they need to put away their girly bits and collectively grow a pair.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2008, 09:08:23 AM »
I mean...they need to put away their girly bits and collectively grow a pair.
That's how I read it :yesnod:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2008, 09:18:23 AM »
And I would have to say this is more legitimate reason as to why not to want Obama as president.

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/05/18/202914.php

There's links to a couple of his speeches in regard to this, I haven't seen them yet.

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2008, 09:29:26 AM »
As Obama rides the mighty wave of enthusiasm into the Democratic nomination, I wonder why his supporters aren't more concerned about his ongoing display of what can only be described as a fatal level of naiveté and poor judgment born of inexperience which could well doom his campaign.

The latest example is his reaction to Bush's comments before the Israeli Knesset. Bush made a general comment, accusing 'some people' of naively leaning towards appeasement with terrorist regimes. Bush didn't mention the Democrats and didn't even make an oblique reference to Obama, though the media immediately jumped on the speech and turned it into an accusation against Obama. He could just as easily have been talking about the useless leaders of the European Union.

Obama could have wisely ignored the comment, or brushed it off with a comment about Bush's foolish warmongering, but instead he proved that he was as naive as Bush accused him of being by reacting in a defensive way which made it clear he assumed the comments were about him, and that he believed there were legitimate grounds for accusing him of being an appeaser. Even if Bush may have very well meant to target the Democrats or Obama with his comments, he didn't explicitly do so. Obama did that for him.
:rofl:

As a politician, when someone lays out a sign-board which says fool and traitor, you don't want to pick it up and put it on, and that's what Obama essentially did. He fell into the simplest trap imaginable and basically colluded with Bush to make himself look unqualified to lead the country.   
:imwithstupid:
It doesn't help that his response was a blatant lie, of course. Claiming that he did not endorse unconditional negotiation with terrorist regimes when the video of him making that statement is available on YouTube isn't going to fly with anyone. In his responding speech Obama categorically denies having ever said what we all saw him say in a public debate and then goes on to volunteer to apply Bush's accusation of being an appeaser to himself and to all Democrats, doing more to hurt his and his party's reputation than Bush ever did. 
  :rofl:

His response shows a hypersensitivity on the issue which immediately flags him as guilty in the minds of those following the campaign. He'd have no reason to jump so unnecessarily to the defensive if he didn't feel that there was a fundamental validity to Bush's accusation. Even though Bush didn't accuse Obama of appeasement, Obama is essentially saying that Bush should have been making that accusation. Of course, Obama wasn't alone in leaping to legitimize Bush's remarks. Both Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden quickly came to Obama's defense, again assuming that the accusations were directed at their party and thereby acknowledging in the minds of many that their party deserves to be accused of appeasement.

All of this ill-considered reaction came the day after Bush made his speech. In that time, someone in the Obama campaign ought to have told him what a bad idea his reaction was. It suggests that not only is the candidate terminally naive and lacking in judgment, but also that he's surrounded himself with political amateurs who let emotion override good sense. That does not bode well for the future of his presidential campaign or his ability to govern the country with maturity and good sense.

if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck  it must be a  :idiot:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2008, 09:37:27 AM »
if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck  it must be a  dumb #$#@

LMAO! :yupyup:

It doesn't help that his response was a blatant lie, of course. Claiming that he did not endorse unconditional negotiation with terrorist regimes when the video of him making that statement is available on YouTube isn't going to fly with anyone. In his responding speech Obama categorically denies having ever said what we all saw him say in a public debate and then goes on to volunteer to apply Bush's accusation of being an appeaser to himself and to all Democrats, doing more to hurt his and his party's reputation than Bush ever did.

Where is the Mammoth?